If India offers help to Pakistan: Pak finally accepts offer of aid from India

EagleOne

just think how it will be(optimistic view )
Pakistan has been hit by floods of unimaginable magnitude – with over 13.8 million affected – which the UN has categorised as bigger human catastrophe than the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, the 2005 Kashmir earthquake and the 2010 Haiti earthquake combined!

If india offers certian amount of help in paksitans flood effected area ..how it will be??

Country flag
India is offering help but the main things right now are Food,Medicine,blankets,tents etc...India has probably went thru this every year with Bangladesh flooding.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i hope we do give them aid in what ever little way we can right from medicines to tent houses to blankets to drinking water to what ever may constitute a part of it. its a humanitarian crisis and we need to have a humane point of view.

EagleOne

India is offering help but the main things right now are Food,Medicine,blankets,tents etc...India has probably went thru this every year with Bangladesh flooding.
are u sure that india anounced it ??

i hope we do give them aid in what ever little way we can right from medicines to tent houses to blankets to drinking water to what ever may constitute a part of it. its a humanitarian crisis and we need to have a humane point of view.
will GOI announce it

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Why India? Pak must use the US aid instead. Aren't we having enough problems at home itself? Leh needs money. Kokan flooded area needs money. We are not surplus country yet. Nothing discriminating about Pak but PAK GOV should take care of it themselves...

Country flag
are u sure that india anounced it ??
It has not been officially thru the Indian Govt but Indian agencies and volunteers are helping. A lot more would have been done if relations were better.

Last edited:

EagleOne

It has not been officially thru the Indian Govt but Indian agencies and volunteers are helping.
is it possible to make it a offical statment about it and say that we are helping flood vitims in humanitarian grounds...has GOI did some thing like this in past ??

Why India? Pak must use the US aid instead. Aren't we having enough problems at home itself? Leh needs money. Kokan flooded area needs money. We are not surplus country yet. Nothing discriminating about Pak but PAK GOV should take care of it themselves...
true but if it is happened what will be the view of people from both sides

Last edited:

JBH22

as NRJ said let help our own people in LEH first then we can help our dear neighbours..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I'm totally against giving cash as it can be used against us in one or the other form. Yes, we can send them food, tents, medicine, clothes, blankets etc that are of immediate requirement.

SHASH2K2

I dont see any merit helping them. Whatever we send them made in India label will be removed from them. We will still be villians for Pakistani people so why to waste our money.We have lots of people in need of help in our own country we should concentrate on helping them instead. We are already a Villian for them so we shouldn't try to act like a hero .

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Why food from GOI stock? Our tons of food is spoiled due to NO MANAGEMENT. We should first create efficient food distribution chain to help the Indians sleeping hungry. If some Indian Humanitarian society with global operations & funding from fatties (who wants to hide their black asset) go & help Pak flood hit area themselves, then its somewhat acceptable. But no official help from GOI in any form is expected or required.

Country flag

is it possible to make it a offical statment about it and say that we are helping flood vitims in humanitarian grounds...has GOI did some thing like this in past ??

true but if it is happened what will be the view of people from both sides
A statement by the Govt is not needed or necessary at this time, it would result in political suicide form the public backlash and Mumbai still fresh in the public mind. Funny how nations are ready to give billions for weapons to Pak and in a humanitarian crisis these paltry amounts.

Last edited:

EagleOne

now some thing people who opposed the aid in any kind ....
our army today sought the help of the Pakistan military to locate the bodies of 28 Indian soldiers who were swept across the provisional border in Kashmir ?? so can we offer certain help with medic & clothing

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
It was confirmed today that India, Pakistan's historical foe and close neighbour, has offered no help so far and apparently has no plans to do so. A spokeswoman for the Indian High Commission in London said: "No decision has been taken so far on providing aid or assistance."

But while no aid was forthcoming, the Indian army today sought the help of the Pakistan military to locate the bodies of 28 Indian soldiers who were swept across the provisional border in Kashmir by a raging Himalayan river.

To date, only five countries – Britain, the US, Australia, Italy and Kuwait – have committed or pledged more than $5m in new funding.

A spokeswoman for the Pakistani High Commission in London said she was "not surprised" by India's stance and declined to criticise the international response: "Every country has its own priorities. A lot of other countries have offered to help."

After the earthquake that devastated Pakistan-administered Kashmir five years ago, India gave 25 tonnes of food, medicine, tents, blankets and plastic sheets. This time Delhi has confined itself to sending a letter of condolence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/10/pakistan-flood-international-aid#
India is under no moral obligation to help in any sort of resources this time.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
now some thing people who opposed the aid in any kind ....
our army today sought the help of the Pakistan military to locate the bodies of 28 Indian soldiers who were swept across the provisional border in Kashmir ?? so we can offer certain help with medic & clothing
IA took help to locate the dead bodies of Indian soldiers who where swept to the other side of Provisional Border. It would not be acceptable if IA crossed that provisional border to search the bodies. Pak Gov might have staged the issue of IA's encroachment into PA-controlled area. What courtesy shown today by PA in helping could have been same if IA has been on other side. But this does not bring enough credibility to Pak Gov for GOI to help them in any form.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/10/pakistan-flood-international-aid#
i dont get this sort of entitlement, it is purely india's prerogative to send across aid or not, but what i am not getting is why is the guardian so concerned on what india does or does not do. is Maseeh Rahman of pakistani origin?

EagleOne

i dont get this sort of entitlement, it is purely india's prerogative to send across aid or not, but what i am not getting is why is the guardian so concerned on what india does or does not do. is Maseeh Rahman of pakistani origin?
nope he is a indian i think

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
The title is somehow indeed confused. However, Guardian doesn't fail to highlight the UK's help to Pak even after recent protest, trying to stage UK's moral stance IMO. I couldn't see any strong opinion from author but just collection of news. I will just say the regional importance of India's move is finding recognition.

@Maseeh Rahman

A former New Delhi-based correspondent of Time magazine, Maseeh Rahman regularly reports on South Asia for the Hong Kong daily, the South China Morning Post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles