If India kicks out Dalai Lama!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why is it that your solution proposal did not read - What if China returns Aksai Chin, got the fk out of POK and denuked their lapdog Pakistan? The answer is simple - You dont seem to understand what India's personal interests are.
The question should be how big a leverage Dalai Lama is. This would settle China's control big time over Tibet, which should not make a difference to us. But the question is which border disputes can we settle with this leverage.

All the above that you mentioned is nothing but a pipe dream since China will remain a super power in the near future. And when I said interest I meant realistic interests, unlike you and some of our Chinese friend on the forum who claim entire world for themselves!!

amoy

His influence is wearing off but still he is the biggest thorn in Chinese back!! Surprising!!
Many Indians (incl. some posters) misread Chinese. Actually we hope HHDL can stay in India where he's preaching Non-violence, Freedom, Benevolence, and even Environmental Protection with his international prominence.

HHDL himself says he only wants "full autonomy", not independence. But of course his vision of an integrated "Great Tibet" to include part of Sichuan, Gansu, Qinghai and Xinjiang wherever Tibetans spread out, among the terms he (and his team) dished out across the board, shocked some Chinese.

Mao and the Dalai Lama - The Communist Dalai Lama | Western Shugden Society (WSS)

Is it a surprise to see portraits of Dalai Lama, Panchen Lama and Mao on wall together in a Tibetan house? That's the way many of Tibetans reconcile in their spiritual world as I witnessed. :happy:

In the above pic Panchen Lama and Dalai Lama (Right) who sat beside Mao were erstwhile rivals. Panchen was once expelled from Tibet. ROC attempted to reinstate Panchen in exile back in Tibet but failed. Now young Panchen's clout is on the rise, while Dalai 's on the decline within PRC like yo-yo. Is HHDL a thorn? Not really as time goes by, despite official rhetoric. In a reality check u'd find lots of deliberate exaggeration.

Last edited:

trackwhack

Many Indians (incl. some posters) misread Chinese. Actually we hope HHDL can stay in India where he's preaching Non-violence, Freedom, Benevolence, and even Environmental Protection with his international prominence.

HHDL himself says he only wants "full autonomy", not independence. But of course his vision of an integrated "Great Tibet" to include part of Sichuan, Gansu, Qinghai and Xinjiang wherever Tibetans spread out, among the terms he (and his team) dishes out, shocked some Chinese.

Mao and the Dalai Lama - The Communist Dalai Lama | Western Shugden Society (WSS)

Is it a surprise to see portraits of Dalai Lama, Panchen Lama and Mao on wall together in a Tibetan house? That's the way many of Tibetans reconcile in their spiritual world as I witnessed. :happy:

Is he a thorn? Not really as time goes by, despite official rhetoric. In a reality check u'd find lots of deliberate exaggeration.
Invasion and annexing of another peoples territory is a deliberate exaggeration?

amoy

Invasion and annexing of another peoples territory is a deliberate exaggeration?
Nah, China's sovereignty over Tibet has been consistent, since Qing Dynasty, ROC and PRC.

Dalai the 5th met Emperor Shunzhi in Beijing.

Emperor Kangxi deposed Dalai Lama the 6th for "profaneness".

Empress Dowager Cixi deposed Dalai Lama 13th for "betrayal".

The 1st national flag of Republic of China (ROC) in the middle - 5-colored strips stand for Han, Manchu, Muslim, Tibetan, and Mongolian

Source: Five Races Under One Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ROC's envoy conferring upon the reincarnated DL the 14th

nimo_cn

Country flag
kicks out DL? how are you gonna do that? who is gonna host him as a guest? it may be easy to get rid of DL, but how about his tens of thousands of followers?

it is esay to invite a monk to your temple, but not easy to send him away.

trust me, he is more a thorn in the ass to India than to China.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

trackwhack

The question should be how big a leverage Dalai Lama is. This would settle China's control big time over Tibet, which should not make a difference to us. But the question is which border disputes can we settle with this leverage.

All the above that you mentioned is nothing but a pipe dream since China will remain a super power in the near future. And when I said interest I meant realistic interests, unlike you and some of our Chinese friend on the forum who claim entire world for themselves!!
India has not used the Dalai for leverage, if we did the streets of Lhasa would be very very bloodied indeed. Every few years.

What I mentioned may be a pipe dream. But asking the Dalai to leave India - will be a pipe dream.

panduranghari

How about this- chinese kick out CCP or the control of CCP over China is lost- And- Tibetan fight become armed struggle- will Dalai Lama need to be disowned?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hemant Gaikwad

I dont think the Dalai Lama is the real problem here ... India is rising and a threat for China .... just like the Americans kept the Russians down, or like they are trying to curtail Chinas growth today .... China tries to curtail Indias growth .... Dalai Lama is just an excuse

huaxia rox

I am thinking if it is possible to give a complete flip to the India-China relationship by kicking out Dalai Lama from India. If we can settle our border disputes and make China agree on breaking relationship with Pak, it can completely change the world scenario.
Some of my questions in this regard:
1) Is it feasible? If not why?
2) Will China take it as a sign of weakness or treat India as equals?
If we look at the unification of Europe post WW2, I see no reasons why India and China cannot get past 1962 and cooperate to make the 21st century as Asian century.
I hope to see a nice discussion. Not to forget such a development would kill jobs of numerous think-tank advisers in the west.
my indian friend.....your suggestion is resonable at least to some extent but what i believe is his holiness is really not the key to un---- the indo sino relationship....

1 returning him or not there will be people out there in tibet against the rule of PRC...even if there is no any tibetan separist in Dharamsala there will be people in tibet who like fightting some losing battle against prc......china just has taken tibet back since 1950s and till now tibet is still an underdeveloped area with locals who have history different than other pasts of china that also has been distorted by and sufferred from brits 'divide and rule' policy so minor problems have been expected..........the real card you used to have is probably SFF and the likes but they cant inflict any real damage to china even in 1960s what else can we expect from these people now???even your own gov has banned them from going close to the border....

2 then whats the real issue here?simple....zangnan an area indians currently have occupied as a legacy from western colnonizers.....can this issue be solved???of course not without a fight so its really not about hh or your support of tibetan separists.....this kind of internal issues will only be solved internally in prc because the roots of these issues have actually nothing to do with the area of india.....

in terms of the pakistan 'issue' pls think of these in a serious manner......if there is no prc can india have no problems with pak??? no.......if go a bit further and if there is no prc and also there is no pak.......can hindus have no problems with muslims in the region of current india???big no...........so what is the real issue my indian friend??? in sub continent???.....you should really know better than me..........its about india vs pak??? or hindus vs muslims leave alone christans for a second....... besides what if there is no country called india???you expect prc and pak to stop developing their foreign relations???

no smoking

Country flag
I dont think the Dalai Lama is the real problem here ...
Dalai Lama was and is a problem. Maybe not as important as lots people believe, but he is a problem. But with years pass by, he will not be a problem.

India is rising and a threat for China .... just like the Americans kept the Russians down, or like they are trying to curtail Chinas growth today .... China tries to curtail Indias growth .... Dalai Lama is just an excuse
India may become a problem after another 15 years, but no big one sees it to be strong enough to be a threat yet!

China doesn't curtail india's growth because they don't need to.
India's growth is slowing down even quicker than China when they haven't reach Chinese's economy scale!
India is not in a position to challenge China for anything except military. Why? China has a far deeper pocket than India.

drkrn

I am thinking if it is possible to give a complete flip to the India-China relationship by kicking out Dalai Lama from India. If we can settle our border disputes and make China agree on breaking relationship with Pak, it can completely change the world scenario.

Some of my questions in this regard:

1) Is it feasible? If not why?

2) Will China take it as a sign of weakness or treat India as equals?

If we look at the unification of Europe post WW2, I see no reasons why India and China cannot get past 1962 and cooperate to make the 21st century as Asian century.

I hope to see a nice discussion. Not to forget such a development would kill jobs of numerous think-tank advisers in the west.
if you ever visit toll gate on a national highway or any national/international airport in india you will see list of 14 persons exempted from tariff and checkings
last one is H.H dalai lama standing next to president and pm of this country
i see no chance of such thing to happen

:confused: why does people get these kind of doubts

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Dalai Lama is no issue in Indi China disputes. Chinese know, and you should too, that Dalai Lama is not immortal. Moreover, India does not allow any anti China political activities by Tibetans. So Dalai can be ignored. But the dispute lies in territorial claims by China. In this dispute even Taiwan does not support India. Btw, Taiwan and China have exactly the same position maritime disputes with the neighbours.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles