Idiotic Sinking state of Bangladesh

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Bangladesh's ''elite'' Counter-Terrorism unit RAB (Middle-aged Mutant Ninja Frogs) is busy arresting petty thief Raqibuls stealing wire from metro rail project... :rofl: :rofl:

2 more arrested for stealing materials from Metro Rail project

Star Digital Report
Tue Sep 21, 2021 03:13 PM

View attachment 111285

Rapid Action Battalion arrested two members of an "organised theft gang" yesterday on charge of stealing materials from the Metro Rail project in Dhaka.

A team of Rab also recovered materials worth around Tk 5 lakh, a pick-up van, and an auto-rickshaw during the raid at Pallabi area, said Joyita Shilpi, deputy director of Rab-4.

The arrestees are Md Ashique (19) and Md Harun (40).

Rab members came to know about the gang while investigating a case filed with Turag Police Station following the death of one Nazmul (18), who turned out to be a member of the gang, Joyita -- also a superintendent of police -- told The Daily Star.

Nazmul died of electrocution on September 6 while cutting wire at the project, along with others.

Raqibuls compare these morons to the NSG, lol... :hehe:
Excellent muzzle discipline

Screenshot_20210921-214200~2.png

gslv markIII

Country flag
OP-ED: A beautiful dysfunction

Dhanmondi Lake

A slice of life around Dhanmondi Lake AHM MUSTAFIZUR RAHMAN

Will Dhaka collapse under its own weight, or will it keep chugging along?

It was May 22, 2003. I was 12 years old. I have always despised flights, and do so to this very day, though I certainly have become better accustomed.

On this particular day, I had bid farewell to my beloved India, my home from 1996-2003, where I experienced my first schooling, my first friends, my first taste of cricket, badminton, books, music, and all the wonderful nuances of life.

I knew nothing of Bangladesh, with limited visits during my seven-year stay in Delhi, and little to no memory of life that preceded it, beyond a near-death experience at around three years old when I put my hand in an electric socket. But I digress.

In India as a child, I lived in a quaint area in South Delhi called National Park, in Lajpat Nagar. My days constituted about four hours of running around the dozens of parks that existed within an approximately two square kilometre area.

My world completely changed when I was back in Dhaka. At 12 years old, growing, just hitting puberty, I was suddenly barred from stepping out of the house. There were no parks, no fields, nothing in the way of open spaces around me. It was school, home. Trapped alone. Rinse and repeat. Over and over.
My time in school was no different, for my school was little more than a tiny building, with, once again, little space for playing, running around, just being a kid
. I was the new kid, the one with the Indian accent, the one who β€œdidn’t get it.”

Over time, I began to get accustomed to life as a Dhaka citizen, now my home. My parents finally started letting me get out of the house after 10th grade. I received my doses of reality checks, over and over. In Delhi, I remained isolated in my little corner in National Park, living the perfect childhood. I knew not of beggars, of bandits, of dangers.

My time in the US, from 2015 to 2018, brought with it more questions than answers. By that time, I had come to love my life in Dhaka. I made little effort to stay back in the US, instead wanting to come back to Bangladesh, intending to tackle Dhaka with what I believed to be the newfound perspective of a global citizen.

Yet, now three years since I have been back, I cannot help but compare and contrast to life in a developed country, and once again, to India.

Bangladeshis love to tout that the country has overtaken India in terms of per capita GDP; indeed, Bangladeshis truly love talking about any success that they have had. And they have a right to, as well, for this is a country born from a brutal Liberation War, toppling an oppressive regime, and has overcome adversity time and time again, from dictatorships to incessant flooding and cyclones and everything in between.

But do Bangladeshis love Bangladesh? If truly asked, beyond the surface, are Bangladeshis proud to be Bangladeshis?

And what does it mean to be a Bangladeshi? What is it that we offer that is unique to the world?
In America, I grew weary of correcting people that Bangladesh was not β€œin India” and that it was one of the most populated nations on the planet, not just a tiny blip somewhere on the map. :rofl: Yet, when asked about my country, my city, I always paused. I did not know what I would say.
Patriotism runs in Americans and Indians. Perhaps to a fault. For Bangladeshis, a special brand of self-loathing appears to be the mantra. This was doubly true for me, having spent 10 years, or roughly one-third of my life combined, in India and America.

I experienced life in a developed country -- despite the myriad issues America has, there was no question that when it came to the little things, from the clean air to the predictable traffic, it was a night and day difference. Similarly, my time in India is associated with freedom, with space. Both of which are severely lacking in Dhaka.

I often point to Dhaka’s food scene as emblematic of a nation that struggles with its identity. On the one hand, it does not offer the variety of even smaller major cities of America. However, what it also lacks is a proud representation of its own cuisine. Indeed, if in Kolkata, Indian eateries offering different variations of Indian food dominated, in Dhaka, it was the Western items -- the pizzas, the burgers, etc -- that dominated. What did that say about us?

gslv markIII

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars, this is the absolute state of E-commerce in Bangladesh. An insignificantly small sector, dominated by fraud firms. :pound: :pound:

Asian Tiger with Walton smartphones, saar...:rofl:

Chorus of complaints against rogue e-commerce firms

Consumer rights directorate receives 5,000 complaints against Evaly, Eorange, Dhamaka in July, Aug

1632241511957.png

Lured by hefty discounts at e-commerce platform Eorange, Md Sahedul Islam, a private firm employee with a Tk 15,000 monthly income, borrowed Tk 13 lakh from family members, relatives and colleagues to make advance payments for five motorcycles in May and another three in June.

The platform was supposed to deliver the first five motorcycles in June and the rest by July. But he has not yet received any of his products.

Alarmed, he lodged a complaint with the Directorate of National Consumer Rights Protection (DNCRP) last month seeking either the products or a refund.

"I haven't received any notice from the DNCRP yet for a hearing," Islam told The Daily Star yesterday.

"In the hope of making some profit, I did it. Now I am in a very bad state as I am facing intense pressure to repay my debt," he said.

Unnerved by different government agencies' recent crackdown on dubious e-commerce entities, customers in the same quagmire have lodged around 6,000 complaints with the directorate in July and August seeking redress.

Evaly, which has come under regulatory scrutiny recently for its business practices that include offers of unusually high discounts, accounts for the highest number of complaints among the top 18 online platforms.

In the last two months, customers logged 2,206 complaints against the company. Only 16 per cent or 350 have been settled so far.

Evaly Managing Director and CEO Mohammad Rassel and his wife and Chairman Shamima Nasrin were arrested last week on charges of embezzling customers' money.

Evaly recently responded to the commerce ministry's queries stating that it owed customers Tk 311 crore and merchants Tk 206 crore.

gslv markIII

Country flag
Chorus of complaints against rogue e-commerce firms

Consumer rights directorate receives 5,000 complaints against Evaly, Eorange, Dhamaka in July, Aug

1632241511957.png
What the actual F... :shock: Raqibools are losing their shit over the arrest of a fraud company's MD?:confused1:

1632243353759.png

Customers of e-commerce site Evaly hold a demonstration in front of a Dhaka court on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, to push for a seven-point list of demands including the release of Managing Director Mohammad Rassel and his wife Shamima Nasrin, who have been arrested over embezzlement allegations. Photo: Kazi Salahuddin Razu

1632243380631.png

Customers of e-commerce site Evaly get into arguments with police during a demonstration in front of a Dhaka court on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, as they push for a seven-point list of demands including the release of Managing Director Mohammad Rassel and his wife Shamima Nasrin, who have been arrested over embezzlement allegations. Photo: Kazi Salahuddin Razu

I seriously do not understand these morons. :confused1: Meanwhile, Mallya got booed by an Indian crowd at a London cricket stadium, lol.

gslv markIII

Country flag

You get an idea about the credibility of a country when the second largest e-commerce platform in the country turns out to be a Ponzi scheme... :rofl:

The rise and fall of Evaly

Only in two and a half years, an ordinary man handled billions of taka to build the so-called second largest e-commerce platform in the country

1632244772042.png

He did not find any magic lamp. But his business mantra of luring customers with unbelievable discounts worked like magic.

Only in two and a half years, an ordinary man handled billions of taka to build the so-called second largest e-commerce platform in the country.

Evaly grew on advances from customers against its promise to deliver products at a much later date that only deferred further, keeping hundreds of thousands of customers waiting for the products and causing the payments due to hundreds of sellers – who sold products to the platform on credit – to get stuck.

Driving premium cars like Range Rover, Audi, the luxury of generous spending for advertisements and sponsoring, and even buying out startups despite their own struggles for funds – nothing was out of Evaly's own money. :rofl:

Abdus Salem killed

You get an idea about the credibility of a country when the second largest e-commerce platform in the country turns out to be a Ponzi scheme... :rofl:

The rise and fall of Evaly

Only in two and a half years, an ordinary man handled billions of taka to build the so-called second largest e-commerce platform in the country

View attachment 111312

He did not find any magic lamp. But his business mantra of luring customers with unbelievable discounts worked like magic.

Only in two and a half years, an ordinary man handled billions of taka to build the so-called second largest e-commerce platform in the country.

Evaly grew on advances from customers against its promise to deliver products at a much later date that only deferred further, keeping hundreds of thousands of customers waiting for the products and causing the payments due to hundreds of sellers – who sold products to the platform on credit – to get stuck.

Driving premium cars like Range Rover, Audi, the luxury of generous spending for advertisements and sponsoring, and even buying out startups despite their own struggles for funds – nothing was out of Evaly's own money. :rofl:
Can you pls tell your opinion on the global innovation index in the Indian economy thread I would love to hear your reasoning

SKC

Country flag
Bangladesh's ''elite'' Counter-Terrorism unit RAB (Middle-aged Mutant Ninja Frogs) is busy arresting petty thief Raqibuls stealing wire from metro rail project... :rofl: :rofl:

Star Digital Report

View attachment 111285

Rapid Action Battalion arrested two members of an "organised theft gang" yesterday on charge of stealing materials from the Metro Rail project in Dhaka.

A team of Rab also recovered materials worth around Tk 5 lakh, a pick-up van, and an auto-rickshaw during the raid at Pallabi area, said Joyita Shilpi, deputy director of Rab-4.

Rab members came to know about the gang while investigating a case filed with Turag Police Station following the death of one Nazmul (18), who turned out to be a member of the gang, Joyita -- also a superintendent of police -- told The Daily Star.

Nazmul died of electrocution on September 6 while cutting wire at the project, along with others.

Is their Black head scarf bullet proof! :rofl:
Seems every other Guard or soldier carrying scarf rather than helmets there.

gslv markIII

Country flag
Y'all Nibbiars, this is road construction in Bangladesh. This is no village bylane but a major Dhaka road in front of their Secretariat where ministries are headquartered. :rofl: :rofl:

Burning shredded cloth to heat tar, lol. What a primitive, pre-industrial nation. :pound:

1632245540988.png

1632245561593.png

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

Star Digital Report

View attachment 111285

Anyone has any posts of bongs comparing RAB to NSG?.its an insult to NSG but I really want a good laugh

Abdus Salem killed

Y'all Nibbiars, this is road construction in Bangladesh. This is no village bylane but a major Dhaka road in front of their Secretariat where ministries are headquartered. :rofl: :rofl:

Burning shredded cloth to heat tar, lol. What a primitive, pre-industrial nation. :pound:

View attachment 111315
View attachment 111316
Is this environmentally safe and are they recycling waste or are they just doing it BCS they have no other option

gslv markIII

Country flag
Anyone has any posts of bongs comparing RAB to NSG?.its an insult to NSG but I really want a good laugh
let me see.

Is this environmentally safe and are they recycling waste or are they just doing it BCS they have no other option
It's not safe, they don't have equipments. We always used things like these for the same.

It's called a mobile asphalt hot mix plant.

1632296878344.png

And for larger projects.

1632296957406.png

Vinash

Country flag
Something positive about Bangbros!

While IA helped them out, credit must be given to Bangbros for fighting a guerilla war through Mukti Bahini. An Army can be useless if people on the ground aren't willing to fight like we've seen recently in Afghanistan.

Covfefe

Country flag
Something positive about Bangbros!

While IA helped them out, credit must be given to Bangbros for fighting a guerilla war through Mukti Bahini. An Army can be useless if people on the ground aren't willing to fight like we've seen recently in Afghanistan.
Yindoos don't really have a negative image of BD in general. There are a few issues at the border with illegal immigration(particularly WB and Assam) and Teesta water sharing, but besides that, it stays neutral. Luckily, their Islamists are in check by their present dispensation and not much of a headache for India (compared to the leperous nation on the Western border). Trade is good and bilateral relations should stay positive.

This thread is just for trolling the Raqiboolshitters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles