IAF vs PAF in this decade, implications of 26-27th feb events

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
PAF comprehensively trapped Wing Commander Abhinandan in Kashmir - that is a fact.
Now that IAF is acquiring western weapon systems, IAF's threat profile for PAF is increasing - not for China.
Lol if I get a chance to expose you guys using OSINT evidences on National TV, I will be happy to do so. There are clear evidences that you were fcked in Balakot.

BBC went there 1 year later and here they exposed you guys. Why are you afraid so much after one year of getting hammered?

Go translate and read it.

aviationgeek

Country flag
A Pakistani writer came up with this piece to back their Su30 hit claim with evidence, can anyone counter it?

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
A Pakistani writer came up with this piece to back their Su30 hit claim with evidence, can anyone counter it?
AFAIK 24th squadron of PAF didn't take off, nor are they capable of jamming Su-30. The rest is boilerplate, with "eyewitnesses" and so on.

aviationgeek

Country flag
AFAIK 24th squadron of PAF didn't take off, nor are they capable of jamming Su-30. The rest is boilerplate, with "eyewitnesses" and so on.
then which squadron was involved in jamming? as per TOI the communications did suffer some deficiency which led to emergency buying for filling those gaps

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
then which squadron was involved in jamming? as per TOI the communications did suffer some deficiency which led to emergency buying for filling those gaps
I am unaware, but afaik, they only deployed AWACS, and not a jammer.

Rudra7678

Country flag
On the wee hours of February 26th 2019, IAF struck at three locations in PoJ&K and Pakistan, namely Muzzafarabad, Chakothi and Balakot. While, Balakot hogged all the limelight, the other two locations hardly got any mention later. Does anyone know what actually happened there? Why these two locations were later left out of the narration post February 26th?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
On the wee hours of February 26th 2019, IAF struck at three locations in PoJ&K and Pakistan, namely Muzzafarabad, Chakothi and Balakot. While, Balakot hogged all the limelight, the other two locations hardly got any mention later. Does anyone know what actually happened there? Why these two locations were later left out of the narration post February 26th?
Nothing happened in Chakothi and Muzaffarabad

jamwal

Country flag
Simulation video of Indian air strikes on Pakistani terrorist camps in Balakot I made.

Simulation of Indian air strikes against Pakistani terrorists in Balakot, Feb 2019. Blue units are Indian, red are Pakistani. The small text box shows type of unit (like Mirage-2000, Mig-21), Callsign (like the Phalcon AWACS is called Chakshu), 3 digit number is height in feet multiplied by 100 (for example 240 means 24000 feet) and last number is speed in mach.

4 Mirages took off from Gwalior, refueled by a Midas tanker south of J&K and then crossed LoC in northern Jammu to drop laser guided bombs on the islamist terrorist camp. Other units involved in the mission were Mig-21s from Srinagar, Mig-29s from Pathankot, Su-30s from Jodhpur and 8-12 Mirages configured for air-to-air role. Support elements included aIL-76 Midas tanker Netra and Phalcon AWACS. Latter was probably not involved, but I used it for fun.

Some details like the bombs used are not exact because of software limitations. I'll probably try to make a better version in future. Created using Command Modern Operations and Tacview.

Tang

Country flag
Is this the same writer which claimed Pentagon hires Pentagon correspondents for news channels?
Zeeshan?
Bull-shit article btw
Are you guys still believing ispr which said no paki soldier is involved in the kargil?
Later we all know what happened same with 71
And same with 19.
PAF has lost face after losing f16 to a MiG-21, a day after Mirage banged you and you guys still can't see what happened.

jamwal

Country flag
Indian #surgicalstrike on Balakot.
Since previous video was pretty bad, I am making one with a few more details and voice over. It is full 1920x1080 resolution, so text will be readable, hopefully. Excuse the voice and background noise. Full video will be on youtube shortly.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
They had Abhinandan Varthaman in their Custody, Also we didn't want to Escalate the matter that day and both sides didn't want to either, anyways , that day ,Operation Swift retort was a Failure, they came to Target our Military Installations but we Thwarted Their plans ,They Retreated that day ,inspite of them having Numerical Advantage over us, we shot down their F16 using mig 21 that Day. Operation Swift retort Turned to Swift retreat that Day. But unfortunately we Lost an MI 17 helicopter in a friendly fire ( it was a silly mistake on our part that day to be honest, hope such mistakes won't repeat in the Future) and a mig 21 to enemy Fire.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Honestly speaking. On 27th February. I feel like we had a lack in BVR, no offense but I feel like Pak Fizaya Airforce had an Advantage over us in BVR with their AIM 120C 5 Missiles. We should have been having better BVR capability than them that Day but we didn't. I feel like it was a Failure on our side that we were lacking BVR ,where were we?We should have known that we should have acquired BVR equal to or better than PAF , PAF had Bought AIM 120C 5 because they were going to use them some day against us, and not keep them for some show ,I feel like we were caught napping that day , our Indian airforce should have anticipated that PAF will use those Missiles Against us one day ,our R-77s proved to be a dud. I hope we rectify our Short comings. Good day.(If I am wrong anywhere, than please correct me)

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Being able to (eventually) field hundreds of light fighters that can be forward-deployed and scrambled instantly, which have a tiny RCS (small enough to be masked by a nearby Su-30), and carry an AESA Radar + BVR missile that has roughly the same range as Paki F-16 AMRAAM's.

Sounds pretty useful.

For the lack of a better metaphor, "sabar ka phal meetha hota hai" :lol:

tejas will have things that su 30 lacks. from a tech perspective
Honestly speaking. On 27th February. I feel like we had a lack in BVR, no offense but I feel like Pak Fizaya Airforce had an Advantage over us in BVR with their AIM 120C 5 Missiles. We should have been having better BVR capability than them that Day but we didn't. I feel like it was a Failure on our side that we were lacking BVR ,where were we?We should have known that we should have acquired BVR equal to or better than PAF , PAF had Bought AIM 120C 5 because they were going to use them some day against us, and not keep them for some show ,I feel like we were caught napping that day , our Indian airforce should have anticipated that PAF will use those Missiles Against us one day ,our R-77s proved to be a dud. I hope we rectify our Short comings. Good day.(If I am wrong anywhere, than please correct me)
we were always behind in bvr. while we have a solid advantage in wvr but even with bvr su 30 2d tvc gives better chances to dodge. afaik and what i've heard bvr missiles are relatively easy for aircrafts to dodge + they have okayish kill prob.
better for low velocity targets

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
tejas will have things that su 30 lacks. from a tech perspective

we were always behind in bvr. while we have a solid advantage in wvr but even with bvr su 30 2d tvc gives better chances to dodge. afaik and what i've heard bvr missiles are relatively easy for aircrafts to dodge + they have okayish kill prob better for low velocity targets
Yes ,I Accept that point ,we may have lacked in BVR that day but our SU 30 MKI manged to evade 4-5 AIM 120C 5 Missiles fired by f16 at SU 30 MKI, which is a great feat in my opinion to be honest, but still ,I hope we cover up the Gap we have in BVR ,astra MK 1, 2 will help in doing that,let's hope for the best.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes ,I Accept that point ,we may have lacked in BVR that day but our SU 30 MKI manged to evade 4-5 AIM 120C 5 Missiles fired by f16 at SU 30 MKI, which is a great feat in my opinion to be honest, but still ,I hope we cover up the Gap we have in BVR ,astra MK 1, 2 will help in doing that,let's hope for the best.
perhaps you are assuming AIM 120 C-5 came close and SU-30 MKI were dodging, which is not the case.

They fired AIM 120 C-5, sure. but the distance between them and SU-30 MKI was quite a bit. SU-30 MKI were over Sri nagar, and F-16 were over Mirpur, that's about 150 KM gap between F-16 and SU-30 MKI.

1637132917541.png

Global Defence

New threads

Articles