IAF vs PAF in this decade, implications of 26-27th feb events

Rxbanda

Country flag
You know nothing John Snow.

No offence intended on lighter note. Nor I'm defending Tejas with some sort of nationalist bias. There's an entire set of threads for you to study. Tejas is a delayed project. But one which produced far more capable beast than was planned.
Of course I don't. That's why I joined here :)
There is so much info in so many threads here! I am going through them in my free time, prioritizing based on my interests. Also, these are all discussions, with various opinions; not conclusions, obviously. So, I have to assimilate all that I study in these fields which I have never studied in my life.

Last edited:

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Will HAL Tejas be of any use in defending? I am not sure of its capabilities.
Being able to (eventually) field hundreds of light fighters that can be forward-deployed and scrambled instantly, which have a tiny RCS (small enough to be masked by a nearby Su-30), and carry an AESA Radar + BVR missile that has roughly the same range as Paki F-16 AMRAAM's.

Sounds pretty useful.

You know nothing John Snow.

No offence intended on lighter note. Nor I'm defending Tejas with some sort of nationalist bias. There's an entire set of threads for you to study. Tejas is a delayed project. But one which produced far more capable beast than was planned.
For the lack of a better metaphor, "sabar ka phal meetha hota hai" :lol:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
My take
1.Rafale will come with meteor........will keep their fighter s away
2.astra integration will give india upper hand aganaist Pak amaraam and sd10
3. India has ordered akash sams ,will definitely secure forward areas
4. Mrsam ordered,will cover a large area can neutralise Pak criuise missiles
5. Brahmos integration with su30; operational..we can strike wherever we want
6.darin 3 accepted ,makes jaguar more capable
7. All mig29s are upgraded or under upgradation
8. Tejas foc induction ,will be stationed in forward areas
9.jaguar with asraam flying,now jaguar can protect itself,the asraam is on the wing of jaguar
10. Apachae ,chinhook induction
11. 50;k9 bajra induction
12. Satrum atgm ordered will be armed in mi35
13. New assault rifle inducted

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
On 27 th , Pakistan could not enter indian airspace or do any damage to any Indian assets. However, this exposed our limited BVR and AWACS capability. Our EW worked very well and MKIs able to dodged AIMs. However, the weak part was that MKI couldn't shoot down F 16. MKIs need urgent updates in electronics and reduction RCS.

Frontrunner

Country flag
On 27 th , Pakistan could not enter indian airspace or do any damage to any Indian assets. However, this exposed our limited BVR and AWACS capability. Our EW worked very well and MKIs able to dodged AIMs. However, the weak part was that MKI couldn't shoot down F 16. MKIs need urgent updates in electronics and reduction RCS.
F-16 had state off the art amraams.. nd they launched it in dmax hoping to get su-30 kill.. this meant our two sukhois went on defensive.. they had no at their advantage.. we had two sukhois airborne to match 12-14 of their f-16s.. as soon as mig29upgs nd su30mki went in air from their respective airbase of adampur, pathankot etc.. . PAF disengaged nd went back.. having early 2000 specs R-77 bvraam also didn't help..

Now with induction of r-77-1, r-27EA nd astra.. sukhois will get their long range advantage back...

piKacHHu

Country flag
1. I expect rerun of IAF-PAF conflict to occur 2023-2024 considering political scenario building around the general elections. That's probably the reason we are hearing news in Media about India urging Russia and France to expedite the delivery of S-400 and Rafale (particularly with Meteor; without Meteor ,it will not give game-changing edge over PAF F-16 in BVR engagement). IMO, Shooting down of Mig-21 and capturing of WC Abhinandan should be revenged with impunity in the next conflict with no regard to ROEs. ROEs should be considered good for air exercises/DACTs ONLY.
2. With the deployment of S-400 near borders, attempts should be made to take out High Value Target positioned in POK and lure PAF counter package to come within the strike range of S-400s.
3. Use of TV guided munitions for deep strike will aid in countering PAK propaganda by providing visual proof of destruction caused on Paki side & rule out any plausible deniability by Pak establishment.
4. Emphasis should be laid on better integration of AADs and strike components of IAF to avoid fratricide in the next conflict (Shooting down of Mi-17 by SPYDER was a big embarrassment !). In fact, attempts should be made to confuse PAK Air defence system through EW/ECM which may led it to target their own package.
5. DRDO should race against time to develop our own AWACS killer (SFDR or Novator equivalent), hop it on the Sukhoi MKI, and shot down one of the PAF AWACS before Pakistan gets its hand on Chinese equivalent of AWACS killer missile. With threat to their Early Warning aircraft, they will not dare loiter near to Indian airspace for any counter attack. Over and above, This will be huge embarrassment for PAF far greater than shooting down of Atlantique maritime patrol aircraft.

Consider these as my wish-list for IAF !! :)

Frontrunner

Country flag
1. I expect rerun of IAF-PAF conflict to occur 2023-2024 considering political scenario building around the general elections. That's probably the reason we are hearing news in Media about India urging Russia and France to expedite the delivery of S-400 and Rafale (particularly with Meteor; without Meteor ,it will not give game-changing edge over PAF F-16 in BVR engagement). IMO, Shooting down of Mig-21 and capturing of WC Abhinandan should be revenged with impunity in the next conflict with no regard to ROEs. ROEs should be considered good for air exercises/DACTs ONLY.
2. With the deployment of S-400 near borders, attempts should be made to take out High Value Target positioned in POK and lure PAF counter package to come within the strike range of S-400s.
3. Use of TV guided munitions for deep strike will aid in countering PAK propaganda by providing visual proof of destruction caused on Paki side & rule out any plausible deniability by Pak establishment.
4. Emphasis should be laid on better integration of AADs and strike components of IAF to avoid fratricide in the next conflict (Shooting down of Mi-17 by SPYDER was a big embarrassment !). In fact, attempts should be made to confuse PAK Air defence system through EW/ECM which may led it to target their own package.
5. DRDO should race against time to develop our own AWACS killer (SFDR or Novator equivalent), hop it on the Sukhoi MKI, and shot down one of the PAF AWACS before Pakistan gets its hand on Chinese equivalent of AWACS killer missile. With threat to their Early Warning aircraft, they will not dare loiter near to Indian airspace for any counter attack. Over and above, This will be huge embarrassment for PAF far greater than shooting down of Atlantique maritime patrol aircraft.

Consider these as my wish-list for IAF !! :)
Another imperative is to wage pys-ops nd intelligence warfare.. we have nothing in comparison to dgispr... I wonder if CDS Bipin Rawat looks into this... Our dedicated military Twitter handle was sorely missed during 26-27 events.. the silence from our top political nd military echolens was flabbergasting..

In this era war is not only fought in battlefield.. social media nd psy-ops is also an extension of overall war.. if pakis are hell bent on propaganda.. then india should also give it's response with propaganda (substantiate with facts) .. this holier than thou attitude won't do any good to us..

scatterStorm

Country flag
  1. What changed that IAF ordered Fresh batch Of 1000 Missiles From Russia
  2. 1 Squadron of Rafale F3R Will Take out Entire Fleet Of F-16 Blk 52
  3. Astra Will be game changer Win future conflicts
  4. LCA is Also factor
  5. Fleet of 272+ MKI's is game changer For us If Integrate Astra +Derby ER
  6. Weapons Like Scalp And AASM hammer Will Work
  7. Adding ISTAR + more DRDO AWACS
Please add, how does Brahmos air variant and land based variant options fit into these equations.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Another imperative is to wage pys-ops nd intelligence warfare.. we have nothing in comparison to dgispr... I wonder if CDS Bipin Rawat looks into this... Our dedicated military Twitter handle was sorely missed during 26-27 events.. the silence from our top political nd military echolens was flabbergasting..

In this era war is not only fought in battlefield.. social media nd psy-ops is also an extension of overall war.. if pakis are hell bent on propaganda.. then india should also give it's response with propaganda (substantiate with facts) .. this holier than thou attitude won't do any good to us..
True we failed on this one... big time.

scatterStorm

Country flag
My take
1.Rafale will come with meteor........will keep their fighter s away
2.astra integration will give india upper hand aganaist Pak amaraam and sd10
3. India has ordered akash sams ,will definitely secure forward areas
4. Mrsam ordered,will cover a large area can neutralise Pak criuise missiles
5. Brahmos integration with su30; operational..we can strike wherever we want
6.darin 3 accepted ,makes jaguar more capable
7. All mig29s are upgraded or under upgradation
8. Tejas foc induction ,will be stationed in forward areas
9.jaguar with asraam flying,now jaguar can protect itself,the asraam is on the wing of jaguar
10. Apachae ,chinhook induction
11. 50;k9 bajra induction
12. Satrum atgm ordered will be armed in mi35
13. New assault rifle inducted
That's sure looks like prep for incoming war in the next decade?

Frontrunner

Country flag
Please add, how does Brahmos air variant and land based variant options fit into these equations.
In a limited skirmishes a la 26-27 event.. brahmos won't be used.. it would certainly be an step up in escalation ladder.. brahmos is a strategic weapon.. it won't be used in tactical level .. until nd unless.. war is declared officially... Use of cruise missile specially land attack version will result in similar response from other side.. pak subsonic cruise missile capacity is nuclear capable... Even if one or two of these missiles will be launched at india.. it can spiral into nuclear conflict..

So .. there's only a window of a limited air war.. with one or two attempts nd rest posturing from each side..as after if world will rush to affect ceasefire.. also there's an option of limited infantry operations in pok.. any other weapons employed will be significant step up in escalation ladder..

Frontrunner

Country flag
That's sure looks like prep for incoming war in the next decade?

War or rather say limited skirmishes is imminent... Jehadis across the border would try tooth nd nail to harm india again...

Revoking of article 370 has sent tremors at the rear ends of folks across the border.. modi has given a chronic migraine to all paki kaum, their politicians, ISI nd amry by revoking article 370.. right Infront of there face.. their dream of Kashmir bnega pottistan is shattered.. jugular vein Kashmir has been cut right open.. so these douches are seeking revenge.. for revoking article 370..

it's just a matter of another terrorist attack in any part of india... As long as our intelligence agencies nd security forces are avoiding it.. its peace.. however it's for sure.. if there's another terrorist attack in india.. india will kick bakistan right between it's leg..

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bdw anyone know the story of mrsam
Deployed in a forward airbase in those days

scatterStorm

Country flag
In a limited skirmishes a la 26-27 event.. brahmos won't be used.. it would certainly be an step up in escalation ladder.. brahmos is a strategic weapon.. it won't be used in tactical level .. until nd unless.. war is declared officially... Use of cruise missile specially land attack version will result in similar response from other side.. pak subsonic cruise missile capacity is nuclear capable... Even if one or two of these missiles will be launched at india.. it can spiral into nuclear conflict..

So .. there's only a window of a limited air war.. with one or two attempts nd rest posturing from each side..as after if world will rush to affect ceasefire.. also there's an option of limited infantry operations in pok.. any other weapons employed will be significant step up in escalation ladder..
But our War sat and Intel probably know there nuclear sites by now. Even if they tried to fire a "subsonic" it would be intercepted by god knows how many BMDs. PAD, AAD, LR SAM, MR SAM, Aakash. Probably a well defended air space. I know they will fire in salvo mode, but it can all be intercepted, Look at Syria recently, almost 70 cruise missiles were fired, only 4 reached there targets.

Directed energy weapons can also shoot terminal phase warhead. Although our kali program, I have no idea.

I am also sure these assholes haven't tested there nukes from a very long time, so accuracy is shit.

Plus our nuclear posture has changes from sunder bhai doctrine, we now can fire first, turning there nuclear sites to pile of dust and ash. Our MIRV capability is almost underway.

We can fire from sea, land and air. Basically not giving them the opportunity to even hit the button. There all command HQ will be turned to ash if that's we want. One coordinated strike form land, air and sea, that will be the end of Pakistan.

neatgye

Country flag
PAF comprehensively trapped Wing Commander Abhinandan in Kashmir - that is a fact.
Now that IAF is acquiring western weapon systems, IAF's threat profile for PAF is increasing - not for China.

vishnugupt

Country flag
PAF comprehensively trapped Wing Commander Abhinandan in Kashmir - that is a fact.
Now that IAF is acquiring western weapon systems, IAF's threat profile for PAF is increasing - not for China.
You Know what. Whenever I masturbate, I always imagine Emma Watson in my bed despite of the knowing fact, in reality she wouldn't even bother to spit in my mouth but so what?? Because only thing I need a "Prolonged orgasm" and good sleep.

I am really feel embarrassed whenever I remember How close a dog came to bit me on that particular day. Dog is thumping his chest that he scared me at some extend and its true. Now I am preparing myself for future conflicts in way where I will annihilate that particular bread once for all.

You might ask where is the logic in my post ?? logic is the same like your given link where writer inadvertently admitted that PAF no longer wanders around LOC which is a big departure from the previous posture where Pak Army used to claim capture Delhi within 3 days. But still you are claiming threat profile have increased.

Longewala

Country flag
You Know what. Whenever I masturbate, I always imagine Emma Watson in my bed despite of the knowing fact, in reality she wouldn't even bother to spit in my mouth but so what?? Because only thing I need a "Prolonged orgasm" and good sleep.

I am really feel embarrassed whenever I remember How close a dog came to bit me on that particular day. Dog is thumping his chest that he scared me at some extend and its true. Now I am preparing myself for future conflicts in way where I will annihilate that particular bread once for all.

You might ask where is the logic in my post ?? logic is the same like your given link where writer inadvertently admitted that PAF no longer wanders around LOC which is a big departure from the previous posture where Pak Army used to claim capture Delhi within 3 days. But still you are claiming threat profile have increased.
Come on man, he said it is a fact.
Now are you going to argue against something that is a fact, especially when a random possibly Napak har*mi stranger says on the net?

Poseidon

Country flag
Capture+_2020-12-28-12-46-42.png
Capture+_2020-12-28-12-46-42.png

USAFs own Air University on Balakot strike and aftermath (published in an official journal).

Tang

Country flag
Looks like you guys don't have any shame left that a half sq of IAF fighter entered deep into pakistan, attacked the camp and left while your PAF was sleeping, meanwhile your defence minister said " PAF couldn't answer because it was night op ! ".

Meanwhile, on feb27 you tried to enter India, but failed(as per your own ISPR statement), your bomb missed the target by miles.

Abhinandon downed your f16 and your ISPR couldn't even tell whose fighter was shot down?
Remember 3pilots -> 2pilots and then 1 pilot.

While Abhinandon was trolling your army by asking if they were from the regular pak army :D

The only disaster from IAF side was Mi17 fratricide.

IAF still has a multitude of advantage over PAF.
In full-scale war PAF doesn't even stand a chance, remember how PAF was unable to stop balakot bombing.

Poseidon

Country flag
Looks like you guys don't have any shame left that a half sq of IAF fighter entered deep into pakistan, attacked the camp and left while your PAF was sleeping, meanwhile your defence minister said " PAF couldn't answer because it was night op ! ".

Meanwhile, on feb27 you tried to enter India, but failed(as per your own ISPR statement), your bomb missed the target by miles.

Abhinandon downed your f16 and your ISPR couldn't even tell whose fighter was shot down?
Remember 3pilots -> 2pilots and then 1 pilot.

While Abhinandon was trolling your army by asking if they were from the regular pak army :D

The only disaster from IAF side was Mi17 fratricide.

IAF still has a multitude of advantage over PAF.
In full-scale war PAF doesn't even stand a chance, remember how PAF was unable to stop balakot bombing.
Lol.
What??
I am just posting what a USAF officer wrote.
Debunk it technically instead of trying to attack the messenger

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles