IAF Mirage 2000

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Just look again at publicly available data on deaths from wars versus poverty, life expectancy, child mortality, literacy, from 1991 to the present. Look at the trend.

As to corporate America's greed, don't be such a Marxist. While you can argue that capitalism is naturally based on greed, the irony if course is that capitalistic countries tend to have better living conditions, life expectancies, literacy, freedoms than Marxist ones. So, greed based on dispassionate analysis of data is good. But here I must qualify it, greed that operate within well-defined rules, is overall better for humanity.
Hmmm... what does that even mean? Yes, death due to poverty is greater than death due to war. But, death because of poverty as a result of war should be clubbed into the death due to war, shouldn't it?

Anyhow, there hasn't been a true 'war' in the world since Iraq-Iran war. 1991 was a gangr@pe of Iraq and not a war per se.

Btw, I detest Marxists equally. The voracious capitalists and sanctimonious communists are two sides of the same coin of power hungry monsters. Neither side knows how to balance their greed for power and mitigate the impact of their greed on the common people. Capitalists sell democracy so that they can loot using puppets and communists install puppets to loot.

Anyways, the world is not fair and I know such arseholes would exists in the world whatever we might wish. People and their greed aren't going to go away and misery will exist. But, I refuse not to call them out when I see them preaching about good deeds. Like USA. I don't mind that it is a country full of either morons or greedy pricks. They have the right to be so and improve their lives at the cost of others - just the rule of nature. But, I would call it out whenever someone stupid enough try to preach about how great USA has been for the world.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hmmm... what does that even mean? Yes, death due to poverty is greater than death due to war. But, death because of poverty as a result of war should be clubbed into the death due to war, shouldn't it?

Anyhow, there hasn't been a true 'war' in the world since Iraq-Iran war. 1991 was a gangr@pe of Iraq and not a war per se.

Btw, I detest Marxists equally. The voracious capitalists and sanctimonious communists are two sides of the same coin of power hungry monsters. Neither side knows how to balance their greed for power and mitigate the impact of their greed on the common people. Capitalists sell democracy so that they can loot using puppets and communists install puppets to loot.

Anyways, the world is not fair and I know such arseholes would exists in the world whatever we might wish. People and their greed aren't going to go away and misery will exist. But, I refuse not to call them out when I see them preaching about good deeds. Like USA. I don't mind that it is a country full of either morons or greedy pricks. They have the right to be so and improve their lives at the cost of others - just the rule of nature. But, I would call it out whenever someone stupid enough try to preach about how great USA has been for the world.

So poverty incidence will be double counted, first counting towards poverty incidence overall, and second counting as part of the effects of war? Anyway, we're hairsplitting here. The point is overall America has established an undeniable record of global benefits from 1946 to the present.

But this is my last post on this issue. We're OT here.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
So poverty incidence will be double counted, first counting towards poverty incidence overall, and second counting as part of the effects of war?
And how did you come to this understanding?

The point is overall America has established an undeniable record of global benefits from 1946 to the present.
USA and global benefit are two words that never go together. But, then it is expected from you obviously.
But this is my last post on this issue. We're OT here.
hmmmm.....

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian Air Force’s Mirage 2000 Aircraft Squadron is Taking Part in Blue Flag 2021

The latest Tweet by ANI states, 'Indian Air Force’s Mirage 2000 aircraft squadron is taking part in Blue Flag 2021 int'l exercise which started officially today. 7 countries, incl Israel, Germany, Italy, Britain, France, India, Greece and the US are taking part in the war games. '

lcafanboy

Country flag
‘Time To Go, Ram’: When An Indian Air Marshal Punched Out Of A Mirage 2000

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
How different is the 2000I from the 2000-9?
Maybe some Changes in The Avionics. Inside some Differences here and there which I can't note but some Changes like Avionics are Obvious Changes for me in an Aircraft.
The Radar is different I guess and some other changes. Don't know myself much about the Differences between the Mirage-2000I and Mirage-2000-9.
Dassault-Mirage-2000-5F-‘58-2-EL-1090x500.jpg

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
The electronic support system is different.
I think the radar also differ : RDY-2 vs RDY-3.
The M2000-9 is known to be the most potent variant of all M2000.
2000-9 is more advanced than the upgraded 2000Is?

Trololo

Country flag
YES.
more powerfull radar, more potent electronic support system, some computing power from Rafale.
Isn't the radar on the -9 from the early 2000s, vs a newer one for the I series? Tell us about the ESM and computing power as well.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Isn't the radar on the -9 from the early 2000s, vs a newer one for the I series? Tell us about the ESM and computing power as well.
The -9 radar has a bigger antenna if I remember well. It has the longer range radar of the type.
Computing power : -9 use the modular computing system of the Rafale. It was even installed on -9 before Rafale.
ESM : I don't know much more, but it was also the better system available of the time.
And never forget these birds are regularly upgrade and well maintained.

Trololo

Country flag
The -9 radar has a bigger antenna if I remember well. It has the longer range radar of the type.
Computing power : -9 use the modular computing system of the Rafale. It was even installed on -9 before Rafale.
ESM : I don't know much more, but it was also the better system available of the time.
Hmm. I wonder why the IAF did not opt for these.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Any idea how much of the life of the airframe may be remaining?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Hmm. I wonder why the IAF did not opt for these.
Probably 2 answers :
1) it's more than probable that -9 was funded by UAE, so it was unable to export them to other customer without their agreement.
2) The -9 radar was no more in production (latest item of RDY-2, with bigger antenna). Instead they used the RC400, also called RDY-3, in the indian M2000 retrofit.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Dassault secures 14-year Mirage 2000 maintenance deal for French air force

So France is planning to use Mirage 2000 till 2036 at least.

Now wonder if French Air force is considering MLU with AESA radar and spectra EW.....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Dassault secures 14-year Mirage 2000 maintenance deal for French air force

So France is planning to use Mirage 2000 till 2036 at least.

Now wonder if French Air force is considering MLU with AESA radar and spectra EW.....
no AESA and no Spectra on french M2000.

The M2000-5F will end their service life in the coming years.

Remain the latest M2000D : used only for CAS and some improbable peace time air defense alerts, so no need of improved radar, just MICA IR with the long range seeker. Even the electronic counter measures systems will only be fitted with last electronic battlefield informations, no new hardware.
M2000D will in fact only be really usefull in ne contested airspace or as 2nd or 3rd wave air to ground missions.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles