IAF Mirage 2000

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What are the technical challenges in retrofitting our indigenous Uttam AESA radar in the Mirage 2000.Does the existing engine have enough power to support its installation.

Is there even a slim chance of the Mirage 2000 being able to fire the Meteor BVR missile if it had the Uttam AESA radar.

We have or in the process of developing many advanced technologies for our LCA Mk2 and AMCA aircraft. Maybe some of them can be ported on to the Mirage 2000.

I am assuming that the French will not have objections to sharing the source code for the Mirage 2000 FCS with us. To enable us to modify the aircraft to accept new radars and weapons.

This measure is only to keep the Mirage 2000 relevant till the MWF/LCA Mk2 enters duty in numbers.

An Mirage 2000 with an AESA radar will give the Chinese J10C a run for its money.
M2000 can't beat J10,
Don't talk about M53 yet
The J10 itself is an M2000 reinforced with all-moving canards, and then modified with the area rate, , M2000 circling stronge in an instant, J10 is stronger,

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't underestimate the enemy. PAF is well trained and well equipped AF and has no shortcoming of skilled pilots.
24 top pilots defeated and made to flee by just 8 Indian pilots yeah speaks a lot about training. Even lost f16 in the process.

2. Average flying rate is much lower than Indian pilot including their chief .

3. Have very poor air to ground Targeting record ,killed more civilians than terrorists.

So according to u they must be having some jinn technology lol.

Wisemarko

Country flag
So, heck yeah, we don't trust US. It can sure be a partner as in the arena of diplomacy nobody should be a pariah forever. But, don't expect us to trust your nation without hefty dose of reservation.
No one is asking India to trust US. This is not a marriage.
If you want to engage, welcome to do so. If not, US has enough partners in Asia. World has become a complex place where interests triumph jingoism which you are showing.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
No one is asking India to trust US. If you want to engage, welcome to do so. If not, US has enough partners in Asia. World has become a complex place where interests triumph jingoism which you are showing.
Now, I guess your first language isn't english. The amount of jingoism I showed in the post you quoted is actually Zero. It was a lesson in history for some and holding up a mirror to you and your holier than thou ilk.

When a Yank uses the term 'jingoism' in a tone of critique to another, it automatically becomes absurd and a source of comedy.

Since the WW2, the number of conflicts and destruction of nations as well as culture, civilisations through out the world done by US would take a day to just list and years to discuss. Not even USSR supported as many dictators as USA and not even KGB toppled as many democracies as the minions from CIA of so called biggest democracy and leader of the democratic world. I am not even counting where USA was the sole user of nuclear weapons on a civilian population of not one, but two cities, despite having quite a good idea about impact of the same.

That you guys call someone from India who as history goes have never made the first move regarding a war, is really hilarious.

Now, I specifically said that of course India would engage with US. Heck, save for current Afghanistan region, I don't know who are in our black list for not engaging at all.

But, then you thought we are the schmucks who would fall for your platitude about 'not clubbing with this or that'. Guess what, your lies are pretty obvious to anyone who has a logical reasoning capacity and can read history. That was what I pointed out - USA as an ally is simply not reliable.

Yeah, interests do get preference over many things in the real world and that is what I mentioned specifically in the part that you quoted yourself. So, I wonder what difference did you find that got your panties all twisted?

Anyhow, it is not a marriage and will never be. USA as a wife would be prone to infedility like large no. of its population - as Taiwan found the hard way and just recently Afghanistan. So, getting screwed over by USA isn't something I would entertain. I would rather India remains in the friends with benefit relationship it currently has.

Btw, you might try all you want, but your western grouping of AUKUS ain't gonna be an Asian player ever - especially with UK in it. Asia hasn't forgotten the colonial era as much as may hope it does.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
No one is asking India to trust US. This is not a marriage.
If you want to engage, welcome to do so. If not, US has enough partners in Asia. World has become a complex place where interests triumph jingoism which you are showing.
Its not just India but even NATO allies have lost trust in USA.

BTW world isn't a complex place. Things are simple. Its Americans who are complicating simple things. Afghanistan is prime example of how simple things were made complicated by USA.

Lastly an American blaming someone other than Washington establishment of jingoism is height of hypocrisy.

Foxbat

Country flag
So many of the articles released today say that the used Mirage 2000s will just be used for spares and won't fly again.

IAF signs deal with France to purchase phased out Mirage-2000 fighter aircraft
None of these aircraft would be used for flying and they are being acquired to help improve the serviceability of around 50 Mirage-2000s in the Indian fleet, sources said.
1631984953058.png

New Delhi: In a step that will help in sustaining its fleet of Mirage-2000 fighter aircraft, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has signed a contract to buy phased out Mirages of the French Air Force, as per government sources.

This is the second such agreement that the Indian Air Force has signed for buying okayed airframes that will help one of the most potent aircraft fleets to continue for longer in service. “A squadron of the French Mirage jets had been phased out some time ago. On August 31, a contract was signed for acquiring these phased-out planes to improve the spares and airframe capability to help improve the serviceability of the around 50 Mirage-2000s in the Indian fleet,” government sources said.

None of these aircraft would be used for flying, sources said. The aircraft would be supplied in containers to the Indian Air Force.

Source: https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-sig...ased-out-mirage-2000-fighter-aircraft/735904/

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
So many of the articles released today say that the used Mirage 2000s will just be used for spares and won't fly again.

IAF signs deal with France to purchase phased out Mirage-2000 fighter aircraft
None of these aircraft would be used for flying and they are being acquired to help improve the serviceability of around 50 Mirage-2000s in the Indian fleet, sources said.
View attachment 110749

New Delhi: In a step that will help in sustaining its fleet of Mirage-2000 fighter aircraft, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has signed a contract to buy phased out Mirages of the French Air Force, as per government sources.

This is the second such agreement that the Indian Air Force has signed for buying okayed airframes that will help one of the most potent aircraft fleets to continue for longer in service. “A squadron of the French Mirage jets had been phased out some time ago. On August 31, a contract was signed for acquiring these phased-out planes to improve the spares and airframe capability to help improve the serviceability of the around 50 Mirage-2000s in the Indian fleet,” government sources said.

None of these aircraft would be used for flying, sources said. The aircraft would be supplied in containers to the Indian Air Force.

Source: https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-sig...ased-out-mirage-2000-fighter-aircraft/735904/
Don't you think 24 M2000s for spares alone is kind of overkill in the name of spares ?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Don't underestimate the enemy. PAF is well trained and well equipped AF and has no shortcoming of skilled pilots.
Agreed, PAF had the opportunity to be trained by USAF and multiple other international countries. However, PAF pilots have low flying hours and thus lesser in-cockpit experience.

By 27th Feb misadventure of theirs, I will also say they lack effective BVR strategies and deep-strike attack plans.

24 top pilots defeated and made to flee by just 8 Indian pilots yeah speaks a lot about training. Even lost f16 in the process.
It was more about our extremely aggressive posture and sheer terror of Su-30 MKIs that they ran with their tails tucked immediately instead of challenging us.
If we had just another pair of Su-30s in the sky that day, the result would have been much worse for the enemy side.

And now we got Rafales :devil:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
M2000 can't beat J10,
Don't talk about M53 yet
The J10 itself is an M2000 reinforced with all-moving canards, and then modified with the area rate, , M2000 circling stronge in an instant, J10 is stronger,
The new Mirages that IAF got better Avionics and Weapon suites than the Chinese J 10, and Chinese can use the J 16 or the Su 35 or the J 20 to beat the Indians, Since they know IAF will field combo of Rafale and Mirage which only has potent weapons to confront enemy in a battle

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now, I guess your first language isn't english. The amount of jingoism I showed in the post you quoted is actually Zero. It was a lesson in history for some and holding up a mirror to you and your holier than thou ilk.

When a Yank uses the term 'jingoism' in a tone of critique to another, it automatically becomes absurd and a source of comedy.

Since the WW2, the number of conflicts and destruction of nations as well as culture, civilisations through out the world done by US would take a day to just list and years to discuss. Not even USSR supported as many dictators as USA and not even KGB toppled as many democracies as the minions from CIA of so called biggest democracy and leader of the democratic world. I am not even counting where USA was the sole user of nuclear weapons on a civilian population of not one, but two cities, despite having quite a good idea about impact of the same.

That you guys call someone from India who as history goes have never made the first move regarding a war, is really hilarious.

Now, I specifically said that of course India would engage with US. Heck, save for current Afghanistan region, I don't know who are in our black list for not engaging at all.

But, then you thought we are the schmucks who would fall for your platitude about 'not clubbing with this or that'. Guess what, your lies are pretty obvious to anyone who has a logical reasoning capacity and can read history. That was what I pointed out - USA as an ally is simply not reliable.

Yeah, interests do get preference over many things in the real world and that is what I mentioned specifically in the part that you quoted yourself. So, I wonder what difference did you find that got your panties all twisted?

Anyhow, it is not a marriage and will never be. USA as a wife would be prone to infedility like large no. of its population - as Taiwan found the hard way and just recently Afghanistan. So, getting screwed over by USA isn't something I would entertain. I would rather India remains in the friends with benefit relationship it currently has.

Btw, you might try all you want, but your western grouping of AUKUS ain't gonna be an Asian player ever - especially with UK in it. Asia hasn't forgotten the colonial era as much as may hope it does.

So much unfounded grievances. Just look at the number of wars and the number of human deaths from wars that happened during Pax Americana after the end of WW2 until now. Also look at the data on poverty, data on literacy, data on life expectancy, etc.

America undeniably has been a good power for the World.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
So much unfounded grievances. Just look at the number of wars and the number of human deaths from wars that happened during Pax Americana after the end of WW2 until now. Also look at the data on poverty, data on literacy, data on life expectancy, etc.

America undeniably has been a good power for the World.
Conversely, it can be argued that on the similar note USSR and later Russia was the counter-balance that prevented USA from shedding more blood and it can also be argued that the voracious western corporate powers have been instrumental in maintaining the disparity of wealth in the world creating a cycle of poverty and misery. There are enough number of examples where corporates from USA have toppled govt. to install puppets to loot the countries which also created the vicious cycle of poverty and human rights violations.

Unfounded grievances? My ass! The savagery of USA is well known to anyone but those living in the bubble of America is Great.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Conversely, it can be argued that on the similar note USSR and later Russia was the counter-balance that prevented USA from shedding more blood and it can also be argued that the voracious western corporate powers have been instrumental in maintaining the disparity of wealth in the world creating a cycle of poverty and misery. There are enough number of examples where corporates from USA have toppled govt. to install puppets to loot the countries which also created the vicious cycle of poverty and human rights violations.

Unfounded grievances? My ass! The savagery of USA is well known to anyone but those living in the bubble of America is Great.
Just look again at publicly available data on deaths from wars versus poverty, life expectancy, child mortality, literacy, from 1991 to the present. Look at the trend.

As to corporate America's greed, don't be such a Marxist. While you can argue that capitalism is naturally based on greed, the irony if course is that capitalistic countries tend to have better living conditions, life expectancies, literacy, freedoms than Marxist ones. So, greed based on dispassionate analysis of data is good. But here I must qualify it, greed that operate within well-defined rules, is overall better for humanity.

Of course I'm not saying the America and the World order it built and protected from WW2 is perfect, but it has been most beneficial to the World overall.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles