IAF Mirage 2000

vampyrbladez

Country flag
It won't hurt if you could be polite ....

Where You copied from used 50% I fuel he used 40% I fuel

Which will easily make 1.17 turned into 1.25 .

Chill now
I was polite enough. However REEing here for simple miscalculations should not be expected of him.

Bhurki

Empty Weight = 22000 lbs

Internal Fuel = 10300 lbs (50% = 5250 lbs)

Engine Max Thrust = 2 x 7.5 t = 15000 Kg = (33069.339 lbs)

MICA IR Missile Weight = 112 Kg (~ 247 lbs)

Meteor Missile Weight = 190 Kg (419 lbs)

Combat Load as per earlier snip @ 50% internal fuel :

22000 + 5250 + (4 * 247) = 28238 lbs

OR

22000 + 5250 + (2 * 247) + (2 * 419) = 28582

Therefore TWR = (33069.339 / 28238) = 1.17

OR

TWR = (33069.339 / 28582) = 1.15

Get your math right @Bhurki!
Stop misleading... Your old posts are here for everyone to examine..
At 40% internal fuel. It gives 1:1.5.
You were writing 1:1.5
And now changing it to 1:1.15
You are quite sneaky little bastard....

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Stop misleading... Your old posts are here for everyone to examine..
You were writing 1:1.5
And now changing it to 1:1.15
Even F 22 has 1:1.25 TWR. From where did you pluck such apples of wisdom? Care to share some?

Bhurki

Even F 22 has 1:1.25 TWR. From where did you pluck such apples of wisdom? Care to share some?
From your comments that you are now ashamed to own.. I edited the comment to include it , go check it out..

vampyrbladez

Country flag
From your comments that you are now ashamed to own.. I edited the comment to include it , go check it out..
You have to be certainly deluded! I was referring to the M 1.5 supercruise speed! TWR is 1.15 - 1.17 as I have mentioned before.

Even in the case of F 35A I have given TWR as 1.13. :blah:

Bhurki

This is where you started your shit parade.
Only planes which have TWR of 1.5-1.6 consistently can have a speed of M 1.5+ without afterburners.
These are the Rafale, Eurofighter and F 22. In the future Su 57 may join these ranks.
This is where you continued it ...
Rafale has a near 1:1 weight when combat loaded with 100% fuel. At 50% fuel it achieves the 1:1.5 TWR.
Still on shit parade....
At 40% internal fuel. It gives 1:1.5.
This is where you realized and tried to cover it up... Changing from 1.5 to 1.15
TWR = (33069.339 / 28582) = 1.15
This is where you got burnt...
From where did you pluck such apples of wisdom?

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This is where you started your shit parade.
This is where you continued it ...

Still on shit parade....

This is where you realized and tried to cover it up...

This is where you got burnt...
Are you a f*cking 14 year old? :biggrin2:

Atleast get your math right.....

Bhurki

Are you a f*cking 14 year old? :biggrin2:

Atleast get your math right.....
My math is quite alright..
There's about 35 basis point difference between 1.15 and 1.5
You could get away with it by saying you had made a keyboard mistake, but you just pushed it.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
so less than 50km for AMRAAM. maybe because the F15 or F16 radar are partialy blind ? :laugh:

So less than 50km against a proved 67 for MICA. OK. set and match for MICA.

That was due to ROE.
But what if the US uses kill switch when IAF is operating these jets in missions they don't agree with..
Besides, i thought IAF chief had made it clear that no more foreign purchases will be done unless absolutely necessary.

If the US cannot "kill" Pakistani F-16s intruding into Indian airspace wjay makes you think US can "kill" Indian F-21s?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
If the US cannot "kill" Pakistani F-16s intruding into Indian airspace wjay makes you think US can "kill" Indian F-21s?
and why would USA kill switch a PAF F 16 ? They are still allies and they still support each other.

Apart from that it was just a metaphor use to point at ban and restrictions they impose on those who buy their aircraft .

Ghost68

and why would USA kill switch a PAF F 16 ? They are still allies and they still support each other.

Apart from that it was just a metaphor use to point at ban and restrictions they impose on those who buy their aircraft .
They have taken "kill switch" quite seriously. LOL, its just a metaphor, it does not mean that there is a switch which will disable the F-16 in flight.

Bhurki

That was due to ROE.

That was sarcasm for your kind info..
Obvio US doesn't employ a direct physical kill switch..
I said it to highlight the stupidity of people who term it as a reason for not buying US jets..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

India has more weight than Pakistan to America. The only reason US is still engaged in Pakistan is that it has no choice. It's better to have leverage with Pakistan than to give it up completely to China.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They have taken "kill switch" quite seriously. LOL, its just a metaphor, it does not mean that there is a switch which will disable the F-16 in flight.
On the other hand the Russians seems to employ literal (not metaphorical) "kill switch" on its equipments...

In the early years of the conflict, communications security was extremely difficult for Ukranian forces. In 2015, Pavlenko said that Russia had been able to engage in mass sabotage of Russian-made radios that Ukraine was using at the time by triggering some sort of kill switch, which he described as a "virus," remotely.
This raises questions about what sort of failsafe devices Russia may be hiding inside the military equipment is sells to partners around the world, which could allow them to disable key features remotely if those countries were to turn on them for any reason. The tactic also appears to have had the secondary benefit of forcing Ukranian forces to switch to much more vulnerable commercial radios and cellular networks, which the Russians then also relentlessly attacked.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ctronic-warfare-tactics-including-radio-virus

Flying Dagger

Country flag
India has more weight than Pakistan to America. The only reason US is still engaged in Pakistan is that it has no choice. It's better to have leverage with Pakistan than to give it up completely to China.
It's not about weight only. USA deep agencies nurtured Pakistan to keep India in check for decades. They don't want Pakistan threat against India to vanish .

Their only concern is China for now and for that they see us as a potential ally which they may ditch once their objective is fulfilled.

Anyway it's off the topic

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's not about weight only. USA deep agencies nurtured Pakistan to keep India in check for decades. They don't want Pakistan threat against India to vanish .

Their only concern is China for now and for that they see us as a potential ally which they may ditch once their objective is fulfilled.

Anyway it's off the topic
That's the problem with your historical emotionalism. American policy evolves as in fact all countries' strategic relations evolve. China amd USSR after WW2 were buddies but soon had a mortal falling out. But now China is back in bed with USSR's spiritual successor Russia.

After WW2 too the US tried to bring India into its alliance but India wanted to be friends with everyone, thus with no one. So America went to Pskistan instead. Now, American strategic interest is going back to India.

Other countries as I said also evolves. What I notice with some (not all) of Indians is excessive historical emotionalism. I mean sh#t happened in the past, you survived, now time to move forward.

India and America are natural partners. Most of all America is India's biggest trading partner.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Other countries as I said also evolves. What I notice with some (not all) of Indians is excessive historical emotionalism. I mean sh#t happened in the past, you survived, now time to move forward.

India and America are natural partners. Most of all America is India's biggest trading partner
This sounds good only in some speeches by politicians. Nothing else.
Everything depends on gains too. Trading is okay Chinese are also 2nd biggest trading partner.

Indian philosophy of alliance is totally a different game. Indian government diplomats are telling Americans that we will not be your 20th century ally or xyz. Indian for all government policy is cooperation on different issues. For example. There is indo - pacific cooperation with Americans. But Americans will not give india tot of nuclear subs. Which will be provided by Russia.

India's strategic interests lies in free MULTIPOLAR world. With different powers so that rise of india will not be questioned by any single dominant group which aima to dominate the earth. This Is a long term policy of india.

Don't matter what happens. For india it's strategic autonomy is too important.

Last edited:

Bhurki

STOP GOING OFF TOPIC....
I understand its hard to maintain the discourse within one aircraft discussion( as the thread name suggests) but atleast keep it within the realm of flying machines and not diplomatic debates..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This sounds good only in some speeches by politicians. Nothing else.
Everything depends on gains too. Trading is okay Chinese are also 2nd biggest trading partner.

Indian philosophy of alliance is totally a different game. Indian government diplomats are telling Americans that we will not be your 20th century ally or xyz. Indian for all government policy is cooperation on different issues. For example. There is indo - pacific cooperation with Americans. But Americans will not give india tot of nuclear subs. Which will be provided by Russia.
America will not part with nuclear tech. It's agaonst theor law. So any President who does ot can be impeached and prosecuted.

Even UK and France did not get nuke reactor tech from US after WW2 becsuse of that prohibition.

India's strategic interests lies in free MULTIPOLAR world. With different powers so that rise of india will not be questioned by any single dominant group which aima to dominate the earth. This Is a long term policy of india.

Don't matter what happens. For india it's strategic autonomy is to important.
I think it's mostly historical animosity.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
STOP GOING OFF TOPIC....
I understand its hard to maintain the discourse within one aircraft discussion( as the thread name suggests) but atleast keep it within the realm of flying machines and not diplomatic debates..
Sorry. I will now stop going off-topic. Thnks for reminding.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles