IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost hale

Country flag
You are flipping on both side while admitting not privy to correct information. If Inducting him back into services can be done for sake of good optics then making him the fall guy can also be done to hide so called failures.

Everything you add in your argument in this case availability of Rafale is to help strengthen your main argument. Better not add unnecessary weight when writing and make illogical assertion given Rafale has totally diffrent roles than first respondent Jets for quick scrambling and intercepts.

What we are taking here is a dog fight which resulted in score on both the sides. Just keep it simple like that.
U made a statement regarding rafale so i added that. Secondly i m not flip flopping just was pointing out that since no one has correct info so neither u nor others are right or wrong. So u should not portray like that which u did. I am not supporting any theories here as facts available are limited.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
I doubt IAF has better or matching range BVR missiles to ths Amraam C5s even now.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I doubt IAF has better or matching range BVR missiles to ths Amraam C5s even now.
Aren't the meteors in service?and with astra series also in service we will have advantage with the tejus mk1a+mmrca 2.0 winner+tej mk2 IAF will be somewhat ready for thrashing PAF next time.and also what modern fighter is PAF procuring?IAF learnt from its shortcomings but PAF still dreaming and judging its all hopes on f16 which are less than 60

Rudra7678

Country flag
Can you explain why?
Sameer Joshi is now saying that instead of F16, it could have been JF17 that went down on February 27th. He is raising doubts about IAF's claim of downing an F16. I know his statement has no value but he should use his discretion before posting anything. Of course, the Pakistanis are quite excited with this "revelation".

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Thank you Sameer Joshi for shooting yourself in the head!
Sameer Joshi is now saying that instead of F16, it could have been JF17 that went down on February 27th. He is raising doubts about IAF's claim of downing an F16. I know his statement has no value but he should use his discretion before posting anything. Of course, the Pakistanis are quite excited with this "revelation".
Pakistanis are always excited, it's not that they believed anything else before.

Also, Sameer Joshi is partially wrong, F-16 going down was recorded by not only radars (AWACS & multiple ground radars), but also by visual confirmation of splash by Abhinandan.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Pakistanis still believe that the IAF crossed "International Boundary" to kill 3 trees and a crow. Now how sweet is that?
And then they retaliate by remaining in their airspace (10 kilometers buffer of "no fly zone" west of LoC) with their best weapons and miss all their targets! Run back and lose an F-16.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Small Classified HUD footage of Avenger-1 might go public but nobody knows when. People who have watched small declassified HUD Video have confirmed that Avenger-1 did try to chase 8 F-16s in the sector and saw AIM-C120-5 AMRAAM launches at DMAX-1 but since PAF F-16 Pilot soon went cold before it could further guide the missile mid-air due to which at least 3 missile went dud before even coming close to the aircraft itself.
The fourth missile was too close to comfort but again showcased excellent handling of the aircraft by a young pilot who vectored it away from harm’s way while he was against so-called Top Guns of the PAF F-16 fleet.

Foxbat

Country flag
Kaiser Tufail was the Director of Operations of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) during the Kargil conflict.
In his latest blog from a few weeks ago he writes:

"Meanwhile, the pair of patrolling Su-30s were completely shocked when they were targeted by an F-16 with an AIM-120 missile at long range. Narrowly surviving an apparent proximity hit, both Su-30s scampered out of the area, leaving the field to the Mirage 2000 pair. "

If they survived why did the PAF award themselves a Su-30 kill???!!! Is he a liar or the PAF?

Source: IAF's Balakot Disaster Two Years On

1.5 years ago he said it was unlikely a Su-30 was shot down :

"With excellent situational awareness, and the adversary in disarray, an F-16 fired a BVR AMRAAM (AIM-120C) at an approaching Su-30. Whether the aircraft survived with nil or minor damage, or was hit critically remains moot"

Source: Changing Dynamics of Air Warfare in South Asia

I think slowly the truth will eventually come out of the F-16 loss also.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Kaiser Tufail was the Director of Operations of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) during the Kargil conflict.
In his latest blog from a few weeks ago he writes:

"Meanwhile, the pair of patrolling Su-30s were completely shocked when they were targeted by an F-16 with an AIM-120 missile at long range. Narrowly surviving an apparent proximity hit, both Su-30s scampered out of the area, leaving the field to the Mirage 2000 pair. "

If they survived why did the PAF award themselves a Su-30 kill???!!! Is he a liar or the PAF?

Source: IAF's Balakot Disaster Two Years On

1.5 years ago he said it was unlikely a Su-30 was shot down :

"With excellent situational awareness, and the adversary in disarray, an F-16 fired a BVR AMRAAM (AIM-120C) at an approaching Su-30. Whether the aircraft survived with nil or minor damage, or was hit critically remains moot"

Source: Changing Dynamics of Air Warfare in South Asia

I think slowly the truth will eventually come out of the F-16 loss also.
You shocked seeing this?
This was the plane according to PAF which shot Su-30MKI flown by S/L Noman Ali Khan, while it is a twin seater aircraft, so why was the other pilot not awarded?
1615549708507.png

Foxbat

Country flag
You shocked seeing this?
This was the plane according to PAF which shot Su-30MKI flown by S/L Noman Ali Khan, while it is a twin seater aircraft, so why was the other pilot not awarded?
View attachment 81404
I'm not shocked, I was just pointing out that even retired PAF officers don't believe there Su-30 shoot down stories. Hope one of them comes forward with the F-16 shoot down details in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles