IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbat

Country flag
Everyone talks about 2nd pilot and #doosrabanda but what happened to the 3rd pilot and #teesrabanda?

IndiaRising

Country flag
Haha you see the concrete block is still intact hence it proves the bomb missed its targets, only shrubs and sparrows killed !
You weak evil yindoo baniya can never succeed against our mard e momins ! Our planes has shot down your Su-30 and captured 3 of your pilots :shoot:

No I meant only 1 pilot, and we don’t know where is the wreckage of Su-30, you kaffirs must die !
did Jaba top buildings have concrete roofs?

IndiaRising

Country flag
What are you trying to ascertain?
my question was answered by Sameer Sir on twitter. the Spice 2000 variant used in this practice was the recently equipped HE version of Spice 2000, whereas in Balakot, the penetrator variant was used by IAF.

otherwise, it wouldnt make sense for a HE Spice 2000 to not cause substantive damage at Jaba top.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

New thread by Sameer Joshi on 27 Feb
Especially on the Useless JF 17
This has been said so many times. The same can be recycled as many times one can.

The fact remains, PAF was ingressing. Even a part time troll watcher of air warfare on Pakistani defence Forum can tell that the ingress party with such numerical superiority will always be in advantage, will always dictate the theatre having enforce the air dominance.

Even the best of Pakistani patriots have shown their remorse and spun their failure as lack of intent shown by PAF even after having all the advantage of that numerically superior surprise attack.

OTOH the courage shown by IAF to take them on with limited numbers in the backdrop of unfortunate failure of IFF which destroyed our own Helicopter is nothing but exemplary. Heck, the grit and determination was so high that one of the Pilot went against the AC and took his vintage jet to chase F-16s.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Heck, the grit and determination was so high that one of the Pilot went against the AC and took his vintage jet to chase F-16s.
Hate me for saying this, but I had always thought WC Varthaman let his bravado command his sane judgement and that was the moment we lost the information war to Pakistan. Pakistanis had already displayed their unprofessional, amateurish way of doing things, where they could not achieve a single objective, exposed the capabilities of their own air force. I still think, had Abhinandan used better judgement and turned cold, Pakistanis would have had nothing to boast about.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Hate me for saying this, but I had always thought WC Varthaman let his bravado command his sane judgement and that was the moment we lost the information war to Pakistan. Pakistanis had already displayed their unprofessional, amateurish way of doing things, where they could not achieve a single objective, exposed the capabilities of their own air force. I still think, had Abhinandan used better judgement and turned cold, Pakistanis would have had nothing to boast about.
Mig 21 Bis doesn't have SDRs. He was asked to go cold but comms were jammed and it wasn't communicated. It was more of tech issue.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
abhinandan took his chances, nothing wrong in that.

Pak military need not be underestimated, they are neither unprofessional nor amateurs. They punch way above their weight.

if paki army was bad at their job, we wouldn’t be having thousands of pages discussing them.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Indians should mark 27th February as a day of remembrance for the PAF F-16 pilot, who lost his life that day.
Sorry
But Very silly notion
Day of remembrance
Come on pal.......you could maybe see double digits of F16s downed "sometime" in the future...........

Floydian

Country flag
I always thought why our jets did not launch any missiles, as for BVR hot-cold grind (I referred to it as split-S cycle in my article), you launch missiles to keep your adversary from pushing too aggressively on you.

This is especially valid if we were at a numerical disadvantage, we must spam our missiles to keep the ingressing jets away till reinforcements can arrive.

The above seems to indicate we did launch our missiles, but naturally, R27s will be dead once the launching jet turns cold, and R77s are short-legged enough to not reach F-16s 80-100 km away.
It's still beyond me why couldn't the IAF spruce up their arsenal, especially as PAF's AIM missiles with 90-100 km was a known fact! What stopped our IAF from fitting our aircrafts with 100+ km A2A missiles which could have complete altered this air battle in our favour!
In my layman opinion, it's a terrible and unpardonable lapse at IAF's end!!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This nation will always be proud of its Abhimanyus who knew they will never return but still went into Chakravyuh to teach enemy a lesson. Winning Information war after losing militarily is an insult that is enjoyed by cowards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles