IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

not so dravidian

Country flag
Russian tech has become obselete especially their engine not reliable. This platform is not the ideal one for VVIP transport. However need to wait until the full reports are out
Sir as far as jet engine Yes. However their turboshaft engine vk2500 is good and has proven in indian environment.

The problem is with combat management systems and avionics.

Even rd 33mk only recently got fadec.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
The Defence reforms initiated by General Bipin Rawat would give us a decisive strategic advantage in the upcoming decade. Although many people would disagree with his views that Theatre Based Command should be held by Army personnel rather than Airforce or Navy personnel.

It is our Bad luck that too many good leaders have short lives span, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhai Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, Kamaraj ( Former Tamilnadu CM). Jayalalitha ( Former Tamilnadu CM), Manohar Parrikar, Arun Jaitley, Pramod Mahajan, Gopinath Munde.

Tupac slayer

Country flag

IAF did not oppose theatre command, they objected to be treated as a side-branch of armed forces.
IAF and Indian Navy were worried about Army domination once the position of CDS is created. To negate such fears, CDS Post must be rotated between Three Services. Unlike Pakistan where an Lieutenant General is appointed to the post of CJOSC.

Brood Father

Country flag
Show must not stop . New CDS needs to be appointed ASAP ..That would also BIRA wanted ..
Don't lose hope ..We are big and strong nation and have came through way more difficult moment ..This wouldn't cut even in top 10

Bira was a soldier and died like one ..Lucky are one who don't retire from Armed forces ..

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
Jinko marna chahiye wo zinda reh jaate hai, veergati ko prapt bas wo hote hai jo is desh ke kaam aate hai.

View attachment 123897

In addition to the previous post where we could see another genrail make such a statement about karma.
Panag also bypassed govt info sources and declared the death.
I think that was just disrespectful.

Panag is a political partisan, but this was too low even for him.

Now if you remember, there was a a guy here who had argued that there was a lot of anti pathy towards rawat.
He said it was because of politicisation of army or something, didn't explain much.
This was some years ago I think.
Came across the comment while I was lurking here.

Panag had also raised it in an article in print.

So my question is, what to make of these disgraceful comments and other rumblings in the background?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
In addition to the previous post where we could see another genrail make such a statement about karma.
Panag also bypassed govt info sources and declared the death.
I think that was just disrespectful.

Panag is a political partisan, but this was too low even for him.

Now if you remember, there was a a guy here who had argued that there was a lot of anti pathy towards rawat.
He said it was because of politicisation of army or something, didn't explain much.
This was some years ago I think.
Came across the comment while I was lurking here.

Panag had also raised it in an article in print.

So my question is, what to make of these disgraceful comments and other rumblings in the background?
They are still swimming in British piss ever since India got independence, let them drown in it together.

chalochum

Country flag
Deeply saddened.
Solutions? <just listing some>
  1. Increase physical and virtual (simulator) flying hours of pilots with simulation of faults and weather conditions
  2. Increase frequency of audit and inspection of parts and their quality
  3. Address the risk taking assessment and raise the safety standard
  4. ...buy modern machines with the highest safety ratings

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles