IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

Knowitall

To everyone talking about IAF.

I won't defend them here we all know about legacy aircraft lack of spares or even using second hand engines in Sukhoi under IAF but knowing how aviation rules are framed and how stringent they are especially for VVIP and military personnel of importance it is extremely hard to believe that they got caught off guard in a storm.

From hourly updates to recon flights in the area to alternative air corridors in case of adverse weather patterns. A plethora of checks and balances are put in place when dealing with such important people.

There is much more than a weather snag or IAF's incompetence to this issue.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
To everyone talking about IAF.

I won't defend them here we all know about legacy aircraft lack of spares or even using second hand engines in Sukhoi under IAF but knowing how aviation rules are framed and how stringent they are especially for VVIP and military personnel of importance it is extremely hard to believe that they got caught off guard in a storm.

From hourly updates to recon flights in the area to alternative air corridors in case of adverse weather patterns. A plethora of checks and balances are put in place when dealing with such important people.

There is much more than a weather snag or IAF's incompetence.
These weather reports can be overridden by the VIP.

Let us not draw lines without knowing the details.

indiatester

Country flag
I'm very pissed with IAF.

Its the CDS. He should not be in such incidents.
If the weather was bad, the flight should have been rescheduled.

Equipment should not be an issue neither should there be a pilot error.

Its high time the safety of helis be taken up on a large scale. We should lose neither the pilots nor any senior officers in such a fashion.

Its hardly 85kms between Sulur Airforce base and Wellington with a 2.5-3.0hr road journey.

1638955479831.png

With a pilot vehicle, the travel time for the CDS on road could have been even lower.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Isnt the retirement of CDS on 31st December?

Dont know if its the foren arms lobby, who want to send a message.!
I doubt it

killing

Head of tri Services member And CCS
Member.

Of 4 rth Powerfully military in world

No one has that balls

Not even CIA

Most scared people on earth currently Are Pindi GHQ

If some terrorist elements discovered.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Taking more 75 days to recover bodies from a lake is also a disrespect to the divers as well.

Never expected a veteran to abuse civies online, okay I’m leaving DFI then.
And ya 5th floor serena hotel and photo paki actors being portrayed as of those paki soldiers fighting in panjshir is also a disrespect to the generals serving decades.
It's bad of a veteran to abuse a civilian but you can say whatever you want eh? Chutiye.

I will do whatever it takes to defend my brother's because I see their struggle.

And the second pilot you are speaking about. I know him personally. We both were trained by the same flying instructor. Do you imagine what we have gone through. And finding a body in a dam that's 250 meters deep with muddy waters is not easy.

Bola tha. Bahar se sab hero bante hai.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles