IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

Vamsi

Country flag
Decided just now , after my engineering , gonna serve this country till my last breath , even if it pays less , even if I have to buy a cheaper car than my dream Koenigsegg , even if I may never gain the respect I dreamt of .

This is my tribute to the kattar hindu , patriot , legendary man , shree shree BIPIN RAWAT ji .

Those pigs watching this thread , remember that in future when your family dies by Indian army , one of the guys responsible for that was me too .

Folks ,make your pledge now , small or big , he died serving bharat mata , now atleast we make some commitment too .
I already wrote CDS -2 this November, but unfortunately , I failed in GK paper, but will try again &again till my last attempt in 2024

Wish u good luck mate

Tridev123

Country flag
Extremely shocking development.
Why did it happen and How did it happen?.
No need to get paronoid but was it the consequence of an high level operation executed by an foreign intelligence agency.

I doubt whether the ISI has the guts or the technical resources to carry out an operation to take out our highest ranking military official. But if we have proved incompetent in checking the ISI and if indeed the ISI was involved, then no need to respond with a tit for tat response. Straight away declare war on Pakistan and bomb the ISI Headquarters and the Pakistan Army GHQ in Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Along with launching widespread military action all across the borders into Pakistan.

If it is any other intelligence agency than our response should be deliberated at the highest levels of Government to fashion an appropriate strategy.

Or if no conspiracy is unearthed and it is a pure technical reason for the helicopter to lose control and crash, then it reflects very poorly on the maintenance carried out and the responsible persons should be identified and punished.

One cannot help thinking that ways should be found to make air travel safer especially for VVIP's. Important constitutional figures like the President, Prime Minister and top military officials deserve the best of security and protection. Since any adverse development regarding these VVIP's will affect the morale of the nation.

Some musings. The black boxes of modern aircraft whether civilian or military are designed to survive the harsh impact of crashes and fire. Of course within limits.
Why should not a small cubicle or compartment which can allow one or two people to inhabit be made on the design philosophy of the crash proof black boxes. The VVIP can be made to enter this protected enclosure which will be sealed off. And theoretically stand a better chance of surviving any crash. A lot of assumptions are being made. We are assuming that there will be at least sufficient time available before the crash is expected to take place (probably about 120 seconds) for the other security people to get the VVIP into the capsule and seal it.

We have had aircraft like Sea Harrier which did almost 90 Degrees thrust vectoring to land the aircraft vertically. The downward thrust of the engines reduced the rate of descent and allowed a safe landing. The F35 copies the basic principle of the Sea Harrier.

We maybe should try to utilise similar technologies to reduce the rapid rate of descent that takes place when helicopters and planes lose aerodynamic control and go into free fall. Small powerful thrusters working for even a few seconds which provide upward vertical force can slow down the rate of descent of the stricken aircraft and provide a chance to the occupants to survive. Of course powerful computers will be needed which can work within milliseconds and initiate the process. It will have to be fully automated.

A multi parachute system which can be activated in emergencies and facilitate a safe descent for the aircraft can also be explored. Such systems were routinely used by returning Soyuz space craft astronauts returning to earth on board reentry capsules. But for parachutes to be deployed the aircraft needs to have some minimum altitude.

Probably these and many other measures have already been considered by aerospace engineers and perhaps not found feasible. Still attempts should be made to design an system which can at least protect very high level dignitaries. No doubt it will be expensive.

Many countries have already devised measures to guide and control even hypersonic aerial vehicles which travel at extremely high velocities of Mach 5 and above. In contrast an helicopter or a subsonic plane travel much slower. But no one underestimates the technical challenges that will be encountered.

No doubt an full enquiry will be ordered into the incident.

captscooby81

Country flag
No this is unwarranted at all . Its just accident caused because of some miscalculation of crew and weather how can CAS be responsible for this . Do you think they crew would have not taken all these situations in their calculations before kick started the rotor blades , Still something went wrong . It looks like these souls were written their destiny of liberation in those hills and on this day.

If CAS has to step down for accident they he should have done when An-32 was lot in Andaman and one in Arunachal and also every single fighter crash .

Anyone thinks CAS will step down?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles