Hypersonic Missiles

Country flag
Isn't HSDTV meant for cruise missiles and hence having capability to maneuver ? But I also remember reading somewhere on the forum that our nukes on ballistic missiles have some limited maneuverability as in x and y plane, I guess.
So I guess ramjet engine was the major missing key ? Which will allow us to maneuver the payload and also cruise it, through ramjet, at our wish.
This is exactly why s300 and s400 would not be able to intercept it. No longer a ramjet it’s a scramjet.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
For beginners: Scramjets are ramjets ( air breathing jet engines) in which combustion takes place at supersonic speed. So if our HSDTV was accelerating after supersonic speed , it means it was scramjet engine.

Country flag
For beginners: Scramjets are ramjets ( air breathing jet engines) in which combustion takes place at supersonic speed. So if our HSDTV was accelerating after supersonic speed , it means it was scramjet engine.
true but the intake of oxygen and conversion in scranjets is a lot more complex and harder to control. Very few nations able to do so. Australia has also had a advanced program in the past but nothing developed ? I think this can also help with future glide bombs for India??

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
true but the intake of oxygen and conversion in scranjets is a lot more complex and harder to control. Very few nations able to do so. Australia has also had a advanced program in the past but nothing developed ? I think this can also help with future glide bombs for India??
Glide bombs as name says glide in the air and hence do not achieve such speeds in which ramjet engine operates.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Avangard new Russian ICBM is reportedly using a glide system and reaches MACH 20
Thanks for informing me about it. That is one tough engineering problem - fluid mechanics, coating, thermal management and fuel injection systems. Russian engineers are much talented in these fields.

Country flag
Thanks for informing me about it. That is one tough engineering problem - fluid mechanics, coating, thermal management and fuel injection systems. Russian engineers are much talented in these fields.
i have also wondered how they did it??

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
From what I came to know from talking to few contacts in Indian defence industry that most of our "indigenous" platforms have been build with the help of our allies. They never told me exactly which ones and even I was not very interested. But that is the fact. Lots of key capabilities have been given and taught to us.

Country flag
From what I came to know from talking to few contacts in Indian defence industry that most of our "indigenous" platforms have been build with the help of our allies. They never told me exactly which ones and even I was not very interested. But that is the fact. Lots of key capabilities have been given and taught to us.
After we worked with Russians in Brahmos we came back and developed Shaurya.

Country flag
i have a feeling some things will also come out of BARAK program?

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
What I sense that all these systems have been and are being absorbed by some national air defense grid, forming some kind of multilayer systems. And this is done with understanding among our allies and suppliers. Dates what we came to know for operational and deployment of these systems are always flawed, mostly delayed by a year or two. As Akash air defense system was already operational 4-5 years back over few areas in India and in news it was still under development.

Country flag
Country flag

India eyes hypersonic cruise missile with domestically-made scramjet engine

Chinmoy

Country flag

India eyes hypersonic cruise missile with domestically-made scramjet engine
Why this good for nothing journos comes up with age old news and re-report them as new?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Yeah, Wikipage for Avangard System states that it is without independent propulsion system and it is a pure glide vehicle. And it can make steep horizontal and vertical maneuver to evade any air defense system. And mach speed of 20-27.
To be true, this sounds bullshit to me.
Did it worked any successful test ?

There is lot of propaganda that happens from that side of the world.

Astra , mk2 SFDR will Incorporate all the know how and eventually replace Spyder and then Barak/ Stunner in our missile defence shield in their VL Avatar

Chinmoy

Country flag
Did it worked any successful test ?

There is lot of propaganda that happens from that side of the world.
Doesn't matter if it achieve its purpose of sowing doubt in mind of US which it did successfully after 2019 when it was demonstrated to them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles