Hypersonic Missiles

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Even at that price, its worth it. We have a lot of money. Spending it on brahmos and its like is not a waste of money. It provides us with incredible deterrence and strike capabilities.

no smoking

Country flag
Even at that price, its worth it. We have a lot of money. Spending it on brahmos and its like is not a waste of money. It provides us with incredible deterrence and strike capabilities.
I like this kind of response-"We have a lot of money".

Tomahawk is around 0.6m/unit
Yakhont is about 1.2m/unit

How incredible deterrence and strike capabilities can this missile provide? 3 times of Yakhont? or 5 times of Tomahawk?

Kshatriya87

Country flag

How incredible deterrence and strike capabilities can this missile provide? 3 times of Yakhont? or 5 times of Tomahawk?
Tomahawk cannot be compared with Brahmos simply because of the speed difference and S manoeuvres it is capable of making in order to avoid getting shot down.

Yakhont is basically the original version of Brahmos. Maybe the price difference is because of indigenous parts used in the Russian missile? I'm not sure if all the parts used in Brahmos are Indian or some are imported. The price might be high because of imported parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AnantS

Country flag

Why do you need tomahawk when Brahmos is needed to overcome defenses? When Brahmos can cover the immediate threat spectrum, again why do you need Tomhawk? Brahmos will be used to pound protected Chinese locations, followed by salvo of cheap Nirbhaya(if it comes out succesfully out of development trials) Brahmos Block iii has been developed with China in mind

no smoking

Country flag
Why do you need tomahawk when Brahmos is needed to overcome defenses? When Brahmos can cover the immediate threat spectrum, again why do you need Tomhawk?
When you are accessing the capability of cruise missile, speed is not everything. There is lot other factors need to take into consideration, such as maneuverability, flying height, range, etc. However, due to the technological limitation, the designer can't cover everything, so they will strengthen some aspects at the cost of others based on the target in their mind:

Americans need a weapon to replace expensive ballistic missile and bomber to attack those targets deep in the enemies' land, such as logistic centre, headquarters. These kind of targets generally requires the weapon must be long range, large quantity and cheap price.

On the other hand, the Russians supersonic cruise missile is targeting American aircraft carriers, speed is the key.

So, these are 2 different weapons for different tasks, they are best choice in their own battle field.

Brahmos will be used to pound protected Chinese locations, followed by salvo of cheap Nirbhaya(if it comes out succesfully out of development trials) Brahmos Block iii has been developed with China in mind
Chinese will love those making this decision. Think about this: S-30 equipped with heavy brahmos flying deeply into China will be perfect target for Chinese fighter.

AnantS

Country flag
When you are accessing the capability of cruise missile, speed is not everything. There is lot other factors need to take into consideration, such as maneuverability, flying height, range, etc. However, due to the technological limitation, the designer can't cover everything, so they will strengthen some aspects at the cost of others based on the target in their mind:

Americans need a weapon to replace expensive ballistic missile and bomber to attack those targets deep in the enemies' land, such as logistic centre, headquarters. These kind of targets generally requires the weapon must be long range, large quantity and cheap price.

On the other hand, the Russians supersonic cruise missile is targeting American aircraft carriers, speed is the key.So, these are 2 different weapons for different tasks, they are best choice in their own battle field.
Brahmos usp is speed. DO you(China) have anything to counter it? India and Israel have called Barak 8. So does US in form of There is a reason, India Russia US and even China are spending some big amounts on Scramjets. Now If India has to bomb Chinese bases in Tibet(or vice versa): the choice will be to deploy SAAW & SSM's to neutralize the airfields. Long Range ARM to neutralize SAM threat. The way Brahmos block 3 has been specially tested for "trajectory maneuver and steep dive capabilities for precision attack" in Mountains, suggests its specialized use. Neverthless I don't see a reason, why it cannot be used to attack a heavily defended base followed by cheaper munitions.
Chinese will love those making this decision. Think about this: S-30 equipped with heavy brahmos flying deeply into China will be perfect target for Chinese fighter.
A Sukhoi 30 Armed with Brahmos will not need to fly deep into China and niether it will be flying solo... If anything HAB's in tibet will be pounded by SAAW and SSM's. Brahmos block 3 is more of surgical weapon, for special places

rishivashista13

Country flag
No current technology is able to stop bhramos . Only Barak 8 can do some work , which is only avalable to India and israil .
After sometime hypersonic bhramos will be avalable and it will be almost 100 % impossible to stop that , only detecting that missile will be very tough .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Country flag
No current technology is able to stop bhramos . Only Barak 8 can do some work , which is only avalable to India and israil .
After sometime hypersonic bhramos will be avalable and it will be almost 100 % impossible to stop that , only detecting that missile will be very tough .

Upto Mach 3 missiles have a possibility to be stopped by sea sparrow the window maybe about 25 seconds and only one chance against one missile against a salvo it is useless.

Yakhont was stopped by Barak

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=10989

Navy to begin installing system to counter Yakhont missile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
Upto Mach 3 missiles have a possibility to be stopped by sea sparrow the window maybe about 25 seconds and only one chance against one missile against a salvo it is useless.

Yakhont was stopped by Barak

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=10989

Navy to begin installing system to counter Yakhont missile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibilities are always there , it is also possible that you can stop a bhramos with CIWS like AK 630 or Phalanx but it is almost impossible .
Stopping a bhramos with any missile or anything has very less probability , as you maintion after detection you dont have time to fire salvo , and possibilities of interception decreases very much as bhramos do S maneuver in terminal phase . So intercepting or tackling a bhramos is not a funny buisness .
And now we are introducing mach 5 + bhramos 2 with which enemy will dont have time to even jump off his ass from the ship .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Brahmos usp is speed. DO you(China) have anything to counter it? India and Israel have called Barak 8. So does US in form of There is a reason, India Russia US and even China are spending some big amounts on Scramjets. Now If India has to bomb Chinese bases in Tibet(or vice versa): the choice will be to deploy SAAW & SSM's to neutralize the airfields. Long Range ARM to neutralize SAM threat. The way Brahmos block 3 has been specially tested for "trajectory maneuver and steep dive capabilities for precision attack" in Mountains, suggests its specialized use. Neverthless I don't see a reason, why it cannot be used to attack a heavily defended base followed by cheaper munitions.

A Sukhoi 30 Armed with Brahmos will not need to fly deep into China and niether it will be flying solo... If anything HAB's in tibet will be pounded by SAAW and SSM's. Brahmos block 3 is more of surgical weapon, for special places
What the big plus on tibet front is that china depends heavily on railway for its logistics. Its goods come from far way distances. On other hand we depend on roads web with a lots of alternate roads. We have all our supply located near our border. With few strikes of Brahmos, we can cripple the rail network of china in tibet and f**k them badly over there. However the only main obstacle i see against our offensive is S400 wich china is buying from Russia.

Saichand K

Country flag
Why do you need tomahawk when Brahmos is needed to overcome defenses? When Brahmos can cover the immediate threat spectrum, again why do you need Tomhawk? Brahmos will be used to pound protected Chinese locations, followed by salvo of cheap Nirbhaya(if it comes out succesfully out of development trials) Brahmos Block iii has been developed with China in mind
In a long term war, nobody uses a 3 million a piece missile on a daily basis. Which is where, low cost, low mach missile like Nirbhay helps a lot. For some deterrance applications such as anti-ship, high profile area destruction Brahmos can be used. I always felt that some new project should be launched where cost-cutting on AA missile (Akash), Nirbhay missile should be done just like in the case of Nag missile.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
India plans expanded missile export drive, with China on its mind

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-missiles-idUSKCN0YU2SQ

Cross posted
Yes, That is the way to deal with this bastards. They have strengthen this monkey muzzie country named pakistan. It is the high time to return them their dues with interest. Give them LRSAM as well so that chinese may pisss in their pant and stay away from Israel. Brahmos Sale to vietnam will make chinese piss in their pant. Second country to sell should be Philippines followed by others.

rishivashista13

Country flag
What the big plus on tibet front is that china depends heavily on railway for its logistics. Its goods come from far way distances. On other hand we depend on roads web with a lots of alternate roads. We have all our supply located near our border. With few strikes of Brahmos, we can cripple the rail network of china in tibet and f**k them badly over there. However the only main obstacle i see against our offensive is S400 wich china is buying from Russia.
We are also buying S400 from russia .
And by the way S 400 can't tackle cruise missiles , it is a air defence system mainly for fighter planes , drones and somewhat for ballistic missile .
S 400 batteries are not threat for Bhramos , but Bhramos is a big threat for S 400 batteries .

AnantS

Country flag
In a long term war, nobody uses a 3 million a piece missile on a daily basis. Which is where, low cost, low mach missile like Nirbhay helps a lot. For some deterrance applications such as anti-ship, high profile area destruction Brahmos can be used. I always felt that some new project should be launched where cost-cutting on AA missile (Akash), Nirbhay missile should be done just like in the case of Nag missile.
thats what i wrote, the brahmos will be used as first salvo to overcome defences, then followed by cheaper options.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
For that brahmos need to fly in lo-lo mode which will ristrict the range to 120 KM.
We are also buying S400 from russia .
And by the way S 400 can't tackle cruise missiles , it is a air defence system mainly for fighter planes , drones and somewhat for ballistic missile .
S 400 batteries are not threat for Bhramos , but Bhramos is a big threat for S 400 batteries .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles