Humble Request to all DFIians for Noble cause

ZOOM

Founding Member
Dear All

Kindly put a pot full of water in the balcony for birds to protect them in hot summer.

If your house is a row house type, request to do the same for animals.

We must protect our birds & animals, those who can’t speak their troubles.

Kindly forward this message to all your friends & relatives.

(I happens to come across this message in my mail box and even some of you may have recieved the same, then only I decided to post it for a wider reach):bye:

ZOOM

Founding Member
Hopefully, my effort to least can be done to save our environment would not go unnoticed.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir a pot full of water for them to sit on or for drinking ?

PS: did anyone notice small sparrows have all but disappeared from Delhi..

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Dear All

Kindly put a pot full of water in the balcony for birds to protect them in hot summer.

If your house is a row house type, request to do the same for animals.

We must protect our birds & animals, those who can’t speak their troubles.

Kindly forward this message to all your friends & relatives.

(I happens to come across this message in my mail box and even some of you may have recieved the same, then only I decided to post it for a wider reach):bye:
I love birds and animals, especially chicken and mutton. :D
Sir a pot full of water for them to sit on or for drinking ?

PS: did anyone notice small sparrows have all but disappeared from Delhi..
Ya all i see are pigeons, they are like flying rats, shitting everywhere they go.

shiv

singh sir they have disappeared from all over india.havent seen them in years

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I still see them in Mumbai, but the number is certainly decreasing...

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I believe its something to do with telecom towers ?? I see them in wooded areas, like ridge road in Delhi ..

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I believe its something to do with telecom towers ?? I see them in wooded areas, like ridge road in Delhi ..
Hmmm... interesting... I have to notice this and will get back to you on this...

A.V.

zoom a very fine thought we do it always here in moscow during the winter when everything is covered in snow birds and animals find it hard to search for food we do scatter crumbles of bread on the snow for the pigeons and other birds.
its a very common practice in over here and it must be followed worldwide.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^^We put out grains for the birds and other food items for the stray animals... only stray monkeys are not fed.. :p

PS: I have peacocks, hawks, parrots and pigeons near my place.. will post a pic next time :)

ahmedsid

Top Gun
This practice been in my family for a long time! Its a great way to give back to nature what we are taking. Not only that, the Prayers/Blessings of these Birds and Animals will come in handy one day or the other! God Speed.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^iirc, feeding animals, taking care of them is one of 5 daily duties of all humans as per hindu scriptures.

threadbrowser

hey thanks for the idea. Poisoned water! Those damn flying rats (pigeons) are so dead this year.

Samudra

The pigeons are a pain. Natural selection had to favor them!

In anycase I counted seven species of birds at my place last time I was there. Ever since I took to birding. Infact I'm only a beginner - I don't even have a binocular!!!

In the old days people did have watering places for animals/birds. My ancestors did maintain one - right now all we have is a lawn with a lot of shade and worms that make up food for birds. There's plenty water. Next time I will be back I will be killing a few squirrels. They're eating away everything

Auberon

I had this Litt Proff in college who used to make nests, 9 inch x 7 inch wooden box, with a little aluminium handle to enable the birds to sit on it, put straw or dry grass into it and put it on the wall, feed grains and keep green peas so insect larva can be developed in them, his effort paid off too, sparrows used to love it. Later on he started this NGO and started giving away free nests.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I get to see the sparrows everyday from my house. My kids enjoy the birds. Also lots of pigeons, crows and squirrels around as well.
What has disappeared are the eagles and kites that I used to see when I was in school. Also the vultures have all but disappeared from India

Su-47

India's rapid expansion has resulted in the habitats of many animals being destroyed. We have to do more to help the flora and fauna of our beautiful country.

Its not just animals. Even plants are suffering. I have noticed less and less plants in Indian cities these days. More trees should be planted. Aside from providing habitat for animals, they will also release fresh oxygen into the atmosphere.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles