HSTDV test flown.

kunal1123

Country flag
yes....
i am looking for this for long time,............................................

:balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::india::india::india::shoot:

Yes, that day is finally here. @DRDO_India tested the Hypersonic technology demonstrator vehicle (HSTDV) for the first time today

....................................................................................................

Odisha: India today successfully launched a Technology Demonstrator missile vehicle to prove a number of technologies for futuristic missions. Missile was launched successfully. The missile was test fired using an Agni-series missile off the coast of Balasore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Breaking:According to reports, #India conducts the first test of Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV). This is an unmanned scramjet demonstration aircraft.@VinodDX9 @Aryanwarlord @LawrenceSellin @I30mki @IndoPac_Info @vgmenon99
https://zeenews.india.com/india/india-successfully-conducts-flight-test-of-unmanned-scramjet-demonstration-aircraft-2210971.html …

Arihant Roy

Country flag
The best thing about this test is that Rajnath Singh himself was present at Abul Kalam Island.

The presence of the RM himself speaks volumes about the importance that the GOI is giving to this project. And the quantum of funds that has already been allocated.

Now brace yourselves for some enlightening articles by the likes of Ankit Panda, Jeffrey Lewis and Vipin Narang. The Western butthurt anal cysts will soon be triggered by this test.

And fellas, India's very own Global Prompt Strike system is here. I agree it's the very first test, and there is still some road to go before we operationalise the tech, but this maiden test is indeed a watershed moment for our hypersonics cruise missile program.

Illusive

Country flag
Is there a cutout diagram showing the internals of this missile, like where the warhead and the seeker/sensors located?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Is there a cutout diagram showing the internals of this missile, like where the warhead and the seeker/sensors located?
It's not a missile yet. As the old diagram in my post shows it is encapsulated in Agni missile payload space and released at very high speed where scramjet starts working. No seeker for now.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Illusive

Country flag
It's not a missile yet. As the old diagram in my post shows it is encapsulated in Agni missile payload space and released at very high speed where scramjet starts working. No seeker for now.

So it will be kinetic kill vehicle?

IndianHawk

Country flag
So it will be kinetic kill vehicle?
At hypersonic speeds it can be. But right now it is simply a tech demonstrator. It will be developed into cruise missile like zircon and kinzal type ballistic hypersonic missile . So it will come with warhead also in future .

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
At hypersonic speeds it can be. But right now it is simply a tech demonstrator. It will be developed into cruise missile like zircon and kinzal type ballistic hypersonic missile . So it will come with warhead also in future .

Future tests will show......where it will be used

Like sfdr test....which was a tech demo too

IndianHawk

Country flag
Future tests will show......where it will be used

Like sfdr test....which was a tech demo too
Now we are on verge of mastering both ramjet (solid fuel) and scramjet technology. India will be completely independent in all types of missile technology from air to air , surface to air , cruise missile etc.

It's a revolution as significant as IGMDP.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Guys... Any idea for how long the scramjet engine functioned... and what distance it travelled...?

rkhanna

Country flag
Guys... Any idea for how long the scramjet engine functioned... and what distance it travelled...?
I believe there as a NOTAM notification for 550kms - that could be an indication.

Distance was not the point of the test however. it was the engine and the separation of modules.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

I hope it does better than zircon and kinzhal, those are as effective as their nuclear powered cruise missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles