How USSR prevented a joint US-UK attack on India in 1971

pmaitra

You are right. the Wheat India got was subsidised and not free. I stand corrected. I always heard that the wheat was free, may be some sort of generalisation/rounding up on the part of those making the argument.
Thank you for that post. See, it is so simple now. It is best not to get angry when someone counters your points. :cool1:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Thank you for that post. See, it is so simple now. It is best not to get angry when someone counters your points. :cool1:
For the nth time i only reply with abuse when i am abused first.

pmaitra

For the nth time i only reply with abuse when i am abused first.
Your posts almost always contain abusive language, even if not directed at anyone. It is not something you do as a retaliation. It is your habit.

If you have a compelling case to bolster your point, you will win a debate without a single abusive word. Even if you must mock, keep it classy. Remember how Shashi Tharoor compared UK aid to India with India's fertilizer subsidies, and called it an appropriate metaphor? In other words, he implied that UK aid was bull-shit. :lol:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Your posts almost always contain abusive language, even if not directed at anyone. It is not something you do as a retaliation. It is your habit.

If you have a compelling case to bolster your point, you will win a debate without a single abusive word. Even if you must mock, keep it classy. Remember how Shashi Tharoor compared UK aid to India with India's fertilizer subsidies, and called it an appropriate metaphor? In other words, he implied that UK aid was bull-shit. :lol:
Point noted. Will try from now on.....

Yumdoot

India was no ally of the USSR in 1965, so the USSR had no reason to favour India. Pakistan was an ally of the US since 1954, so the US had every reason to favour Pakistan.

Regarding Haji Pir pass, thank you for accepting that it is a conspiracy theory. Even so, how would the USSR have benefited with Haji Pir pass remaining under Pakistani control? Even conspiracy theories are built upon possible motives of the power centres. I see none here.

Not just the fact that in 1965 Indians and Russians were basically strangers, not just the fact that the West was misleading defrauding the only useful idiot they had in India, not just the fact that the West had already chosen China over India (thank god for that) what is never reported by these fanboys trying to frontrun the Indian Nationalists is the fact that the guy incharge of the negotiations from the Russian side himself may have been compromised without the Russians even knowing about it. Kosygin himself was no less a useful idiot than Nehru. Check out his reaction to the Sino-Soviet clashes, his history, his stands during confusing periods. Kosygin at one point was confused for the real Soviet leader when Brehznev was a shadowy figure. I won't be surprised if the US had noted Kosygin's essentially fanboy character and set up the whole game by egging him onto the Tashkant Negotiations.

People like @Mad Indian are just the fag end of the Nehru’s kind. Chacha was an accidental Hindu and the bhatija is an accidental Indian. @Mad Indian is a Bechara himself and he keeps shifting his own worthlessness onto the whole of India.

How are you different from the Pakis when you keep calling the rest of us Vassals. Bhaijaan apne soorat dekho then you will see who has betrayed India’s potential.

Even more retarded posts. Besides, do you contest anything in that part I had posted? The Steel plants? The Nuclear plant? The aid US gave to India? If not, shove your bs up your ass from which it came from.

My god you are so ignorant that even here you do not realize that the so called Aid actually ended up creating dependent people like you. While the Russian strategic partnership actually ended up forcing the so called Aid to get real priced on the interest costs and forced the West to deliver on the projects faster. You, the interest costs and delays, were the real price of that Aid that India was supposed to pay.

It was the same in Nuclear research. China shows what was possible but because Nehru your chacha was beholden to the West we ended up taking a circuitous route which delayed us by several years.

In any case I am interested in real issues and not in Aid. Thank you west for the Aid. Obviously you are not going to remain up their for the rest of eternity. I and my kids will also throw some shahi tukde your way when the time comes. I have enough pride in my samskaras to follow through on a word given.

What the fuck does that have to do with Western aid to India? You made a claim out of your ass and I provided links on why it was false and all you have written so far is BS from your ass

Again, for your stupid brain, the question was not about Soviet vs Western aid. The question was whether there was aid from the west or not.

In short, you are a moron with massive comprehension issues

Yaar kabhi Aid sey bahar bhi jeene ki koshish kari hai. Ya sirf katora leke goron ke dware khade rahne mein hi apna fakr mahsoos kiya hai.

Stop degrading yourself if not for your own pride than at least for the sake of India. There is more to life than Aid and beggary. You really are a suited booted english speaking beggar.

Of course India was a vassal of the Soviets during 1970s- 1991. That is why fanboys like you have are trying to be more Russian than Russians themselves. For fuck sake have some self respect. And grow some brain while at it.

Your inner Paki can never rest now can it.

India started NAM, which pissed off the west, way before it started getting close to USSR. but then again, I am talking to a self respect lacking moron for whom facts does seem to matter

Pissed off the west. Bhai kis ched sey nikal kar aaye ho. Can you even think of a life where you do not seek permissions, where you have the ability to take ownership of your own decisions.

You are such an ignorant fellow that despite being pointed out the sources of facts you keep ignoring them. Just after the WW-2 the anti-commie faction in the US had identified Pakis as their bet. They did not want the large population of India and the large ground forces of India anywhere near what was called during internal meetings, as the 'wells of power' aka the Gulf states. They already knew that the gulf had a unique resource and a unique exploitable demographic profile. All the oil was in the Shia areas and all the land was with the Sunnis. Due to this reason they needed a good boy. There are deliberations of the US-National Security Council where the Americans used to accuse India of harbouring intentions to be a regional hegemon. The then Neocons used to think that Pakis were the rightful owners of Indian Subcontinent. Today the sons and daughters of the same neocons think India is the frontline state against China. Now they do not find anything wrong with India being a regional hegemon. Only it took them the lives of a million men (of other countries) and several thousand of American lives to realize this.

You are a fucking idiot if you think we should act for our interest equates to being a lackey of a west. But for all the Russian fanboys like you, the very Indian interest is to be a whore for the Russians. Now go be a good whore for the Russians

You think that a commercial transaction like selling labour and skills is a grant-in-aid.

You live in utter fear of losing H-1B Visas.

You claim that India was a Vassal.

You think that West was giving us Aid when in fact the West was seeding helpless abala/incompetent people, like yourself.

You think that Aid is the biggest idea that India should remain beholden to. Bloody 90% of your arguments start with Aid.

You believe a turncoat like Mithrokin/Bezmenov more than you believe in Indians trying to help your symptoms. Wonder how long before you site Arundhati Roy in your support.

You think that we have wrongly pissed off your Western masters, who have consistently proven themselves incompetent in handling conflict.

You think the leadership that India has chosen and recognized as right one is a misfortune because that did not give you enough choice.

And yet I am a Russian Fanboy. I am loving your sense of flexibility in definitions. You probably do not realize but your behaviour only exposes your kind further.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Guys, can we stop this namecalling please? The more such things are exchanged, the more it will tend to drag on. Let's put an end to this.

Yumdoot

Ok edited my post but you mods let him abuse India all the while. Hope you take care about that next-time too.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
India was no ally of the USSR in 1965, so the USSR had no reason to favour India. Pakistan was an ally of the US since 1954, so the US had every reason to favour Pakistan.

Regarding Haji Pir pass, thank you for accepting that it is a conspiracy theory. Even so, how would the USSR have benefited with Haji Pir pass remaining under Pakistani control? Even conspiracy theories are built upon possible motives of the power centres. I see none here.
Re-read my post again.............

pmaitra

Re-read my post again.............
You re-read your post again:
So LBS died without any reason and no further inquiries were held to find out. USSR was trying to play neutral rather than an ally in all post-war negotiations. Everyone else on this thread got the idea except you.

Yes, it is part of conspiracy theory, but since GoI does not make the old documents public, there is no way to put such theories to rest. Given that India went with strong position to the negotiating table, the end result was almost frustrating. And hence the conspiracies.
Now, re-read my post again:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
You re-read your post again:
Now, re-read my post again.....................

So LBS died without any reason and no further inquiries were held to find out. USSR was trying to play neutral rather than an ally in all post-war negotiations. Everyone else on this thread got the idea except you.

Yes, it is part of conspiracy theory, but since GoI does not make the old documents public, there is no way to put such theories to rest. Given that India went with strong position to the negotiating table, the end result was almost frustrating. And hence the conspiracies.

pmaitra

Now, re-read my post again.....................
Still, doesn't answer my question. How would the USSR have gained by having Haji Pir Pass under Pakistani control? This has nothing to do with attempting to being neutral.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Still, doesn't answer my question. How would the USSR have gained by having Haji Pir Pass under Pakistani control? This has nothing to do with attempting to being neutral.
They wanted to act neutral and hence washed away any war gains(Indian gain in this case). There was no explicit gain but implicit gain by helping Pak.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Soviet Cruiser Varyag served in the Indian Ocean between 13 December 1971 and 6 March 1972 as part of a substantial Soviet naval presence during the Indo-Pakistani War ostensibly as a counterweight to ensure non-intervention by the Royal Navy and US Navy.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

karn

Country flag
New book on 1971 war by murican libtards(they write for NYT), they are saying with glee that US's seventh fleet had orders to nuke Indian air force(whatever that means).

What's with american liberals going full warmonger these days .. they seem to have effectively taken on a Neo con world view

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What's with american liberals going full warmonger these days .. they seem to have effectively taken on a Neo con world view
murican liberals have been warmongers since clinton, there were only two instances CNN did not say negative things about trump once when he launched a tomahawk salvo(i forget on whom) and the other when he launched MOAB on ISIS in afghanistan.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles