How to make DFI more popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
There are tens of millions of Indian internet users so even a small percentage of them would be interested in defense and political structure of India.

I see other defense forums and they have more members, i dont think more than 50 people post here on a regular basis even though we have nearly 9000 members. Why is that ? are they afraid to voice there opinions ?

I think DFI should be advertised on India related facebook pages, in comments section (online) of all major Indian newspapers (TOI, Indian Express, Hindustan Times etc). If they can post in comments box then they will also post here.

Please suggest if you have better ideas :thumb:

A.V.

We can put an add on newspapers if you want ! and already we are outing ads up on adwords and facebook for our network of sites .

i have screenshots of our ads coming up on major other websites defence and non defence aswell will post here

Param

There are tens of millions of Indian internet users so even a small percentage of them would be interested in defense and political structure of India.

I see other defense forums and they have more members, i dont think more than 50 people post here on a regular basis even though we have nearly 9000 members. Why is that ? are they afraid to voice there opinions ?

I think DFI should be advertised on India related facebook pages, in comments section (online) of all major Indian newspapers (TOI, Indian Express, Hindustan Times etc). If they can post in comments box then they will also post here.

Please suggest if you have better ideas :thumb:
Wow I was also thinking the same, a while ago.
I think I've become psychic.:)
Thousands of members but only a few dozen posting.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We can put an add on newspapers if you want ! and already we are outing ads up on adwords and facebook for our network of sites .

i have screenshots of our ads coming up on major other websites defence and non defence aswell will post here
Add on newspaper won't be useful unless you mean the online version.

Im sure there are defense related magazines and an ad in them would suit DFI most since people reading those are our target audience.

What im saying is that our marketing should be precise like a sniper rather than spraying an ak47 in all directions.

Due to current ads and such we are attracting members but they are not posting, i dont know why ? maybe they are not interested.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Wow I was also thinking the same, a while ago.
I think I've become psychic.:)
Thousands of members but only a few dozen posting.
Even at this very moment 800 guests are reading the forum.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hmmm a question that members of the staff keep asking themselves everyday.

Let me see off the bat, it's get those who post on dushman desh forum over here. That would mean quite a lot of active posters.
The Internet forum community on defense matters is pretty small. Everyone knows the regular guys. A few new ones trickle in. A lot of those who sign up do it to check out one or two topics which are probably to answer their questions or even be school work on questions that we may have threads on in the political or religion section.

Trust us we are trying various things but either it takes time or it's not successful for variety of reasons. We are at it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The dhimmis posting on paki forum disgust me more than pakis themselves.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
How about making DFI more defense related than Political and Religion based..
Their are very few positive thread than negative mainly in these parts and full of it..
Any time the look of Shout box gives the idea what is going in Defense forum..
Its the quality of posts which gives the impression of the whole forum..

Moderation needed to be stricked for members, Mods with colors needed to be feared ..
Rules needed to be redefined..
Trolls derail the topics, And attract only other trolls, Hence invitation for more trolls, Hence degradation of forum...

Anyways, Mods and staff members are working, And i wish for good outcome of all the hard-work..

Last edited:

plugwater

^^ DFI is never the same again after the attack.

Lot of posts but no quality!!

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Their are very few positive thread than negative mainly in these parts and full of it..

Moderation needed to be stricked for members, Mods with colors needed to be feared ..
Trolls derail the topics, And attract only other trolls, Hence invitation for more trolls, Hence degradation of forum...

Anyways, Mods and staff members are working, And i wish for good outcome of all the hard-work..
Spot on Sir.......

But, post will be decreased by 50% doing that. We have to bring a balance between quality and quantity. But, I support your view of making it a defence forum where defence and strategic issues are to be dicussed.

There are too many propaganda threads- political and religious........

(If our defence ministry becomes little active in decision making we will see more defence related threads...unfortunately they dont move at all...how long one can discuss MMRCA,LCA, PAKFA without repeating if there is nothing new)

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Kunal appreciate your thoughts. The religion and politics thingy was demanded be members and we have to give an ear to all demands and accept suitable ones.

Moderation is a bit lenient I will accept but then it's only to give members maximum leeway to exercise their freedom of speech. We were quite strict earlier and that had a negative effect.

DFI is the members forum. We try to understand what the members want and go by it. It's very difficult to satisfy everyone at the end of the day.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

to add more to kunals point, there is lot and lot of religious fights going on for opium topics :(
come'on people, this is not some kind of religious forum but this is a pure defense forum. so all topic should be strictly related to defense only. plus, we also endup talking lot of political topic which are 4000% not related to defense in anyway. political and religious topics should be minimal.

@AV:

adwords won't bring any success. you need to advertise on Newspapers/magazines.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Let me put it this way, politics and religion too has a bearing on the defense, security and territorial integrity of the country and therefore a perfectly acceptable topic of discussion on a defense forum, off course certain measures are in place to not make it hate driven.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Let me put it this way, politics and religion too has a bearing on the defense, security and territorial integrity of the country and therefore a perfectly acceptable topic of discussion on a defense forum, off course certain measures are in place to not make it hate driven.
Most of these threads are meant for mud throwing and spreading hatred actually.....if you see them carefully you can understand...DFI should not be mouth-piece any political or religiouis group............

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Spot on Sir.......

But, post will be decreased by 50% doing that. We have to bring a balance between quality and quantity. But, I support your view of making it a defence forum where defence and strategic issues are to be dicussed.
50% of something outweighs 100% of nothing..

The post will automatically increase, So does quality of members getting in..

50% posts of no meaning down right negative is good riddance as it gives a bad image of DFI..

plugwater

DFI is the members forum. We try to understand what the members want and go by it. It's very difficult to satisfy everyone at the end of the day.
DFI does not need to satisfy every members demands, if they want some religious discussions they can go for some other forums. This is a defence forum i want it in the way it was when i joined.

Country flag
I think we should try to encourage more female members we have always had this in mind,but Females are not attracted to defense topics. Any members have suggestions to attract more females without losing our defense focus??

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
DFI does not need to satisfy every members demands, if they want some religious discussions they can go for some other forums. This is a defence forum i want it in the way it was when i joined.
Nearly all defense forums have political/religious section.

Point is that religious talk shouldn't be more than defense, removing it completely wouldn't be beneficial.

I think mods need to be stricter on religious topics, people generalizing and mud slinging should be warned and then banned.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
For Political and bureaucracy and strategical issues we have Internal security & Strategic forces sub forum..

How religion and politic is related to defense on any practical grounds ?, Further how any of India`s previous war since independence comes with religion related warfare ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles