How to maintain good relationship with China and avoid war !!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Hi friends !!
I always hear about India's defeat in Sino-Indian War. We always talk about why it happened i think we should talk about How to maintain good relationship between Indo-China and avoid any possible WAR. Having good relations is the best defense for both countries.
Please suggest possible ways to do so, keeping in mind that we had good relations with China in past. I love Chinese people their culture their food, movies and many more, never heard any aggressive comment for China from my friends, never read any aggressive article about China in any newspaper, then why some people in various forums predict WAR (mostly Pakistanis). I would like to hear Chinese members' view on it. What both governments are doing to have good relations ? What are the future plans of India and China to maintain peaceful relations? :viannen_10:

amitkriit

There is no foolproof way to maintain a coordial relation with China, as more we bend to accomodate our mighty neighbour more sacrifices will be expected from us. Best method I can device is this: "Be fearless in eyes of ur enemy", while not getting adventorous too much. India must match China man-to-man, machine-to-machine, innovations-to-innovations to maintain a good relation on the basis of mutual respect.

A chauhan

Country flag
Yes !!! it's the primary target to achieve an equal position & it would be foolish idea to trust China without it.My question is more concerned with government's attempts.

sky

Hi friends !!
I always hear about India's defeat in Sino-Indian War. We always talk about why it happened i think we should talk about How to maintain good relationship between Indo-China and avoid any possible WAR. Having good relations is the best defense for both countries.
Please suggest possible ways to do so, keeping in mind that we had good relations with China in past. I love Chinese people their culture their food, movies and many more, never heard any aggressive comment for China from my friends, never read any aggressive article about China in any newspaper, then why some people in various forums predict WAR (mostly Pakistanis). I would like to hear Chinese members' view on it. What both governments are doing to have good relations ? What are the future plans of India and China to maintain peaceful relations? :viannen_10:

Best way is trade,the more direct india and china have the less chance of war.The whole eu project was to stop world war 3,by making counrties within the eu dependent on each other though the idea of free trade.

Regarding the pak quote, i often see in pak forums the same sort of india bashing.You have to remember they have few friends in the world and the ones they have they really take to there heart.You see them post the pak and chineese flags with great pride.It's as if they think china is the sword arm of pakistan that will come down and smight india . :twizt:

S.A.T.A

How to maintain good relationship with China and avoid war !!
Psst...quite easy,just don't tell the Chinese their merchandise are of low grade quality and every thing will be fine.

Martian

Respected Member
"Best way is trade,the more direct india and china have the less chance of war."

Economic interdependence raises the costs of a military conflict.

US-China relations are a good example. During the 1960s, the US threatened nuclear strikes against China (i.e. see Nuclear blackmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). However, three decades later, the US and China had a booming trade relationship and the saber-rattling rhetoric was toned down considerably.

At least China has never threatened India with nuclear blackmail. In that sense, China is a nicer/friendlier power than the US.

no smoking

Country flag
Psst...quite easy,just don't tell the Chinese their merchandise are of low grade quality and every thing will be fine.
Oh, no, don't worry about that. We know our product is of low quality, not good enough to compete with US, Japan, EU. But we also know they are good enough to trade with india's raw material.:goodstuff:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Peace cannot be guaranteed until all border disputes are resolved. They cannot be resolved, because China's territorial claims are dynamic, and recklessly opportunistic.

What can be done is observe a status-quo, increase trade, and throw some CBMs around. Things will be much better than they are now.

A chauhan

Country flag
Nice prank ! But now scenario is changing my friend we can't assume that a huge and one of the fastest growing economy will always have low grade quality merchandise, technology is not a static thing, who knows, what if they succeed in making the most advanced engine having more thrust and t/w than all others, fixed in a more advanced jet than F22 Raptor !!!? I think they will definitely resolve their technological failures in near future. :thank_you2:

ppgj

Best way is trade,the more direct india and china have the less chance of war.The whole eu project was to stop world war 3,by making counrties within the eu dependent on each other though the idea of free trade.
that was why india and china embarked and emphasized on trade. china is already one of biggest trading partner. but tensions in the recent past has only increased. so i think- keep alert, build quietly, continue the trade, maintain a friendly posture, interact more between peoples 'cos both belong to great civilizations. there is much to learn from each other.
there is no one solution for this.

A chauhan

Country flag
"Best way is trade,the more direct india and china have the less chance of war."

Economic interdependence raises the costs of a military conflict.

US-China relations are a good example. During the 1960s, the US threatened nuclear strikes against China (i.e. see Nuclear blackmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). However, three decades later, the US and China had a booming trade relationship and the saber-rattling rhetoric was toned down considerably.

At least China has never threatened India with nuclear blackmail. In that sense, China is a nicer/friendlier power than the US.
Yes, but we will have to know of what China is possibly doing.As on 2009-09-18 RAW reported we will have to trade more with other neighbor countries...
Chinese dragon encircling India, warns RAW

And low quality Chinese products available at very low prices are also damaging the Indian market and manufacturers & threatening economically...

Vladimir79

Professional
Nice prank ! But now scenario is changing my friend we can't assume that a huge and one of the fastest growing economy
Lets not forget that Chinese GDP indicators are actually faked by the CCP. Western investment groups have estimated that Chinese GDP could be negative at the moment based on energy usage and spare capacity. The need for the government to actually look like growth is their main key to remaining in power. Also, Chinese are in an asset bubble right now with overevaluation of assets at 29%. India is far more transparent, what you see is what you get.

will always have low grade quality merchandise, technology is not a static thing,
China's inefficient R&D process is not going to be competing with the West anytime soon.

who knows, what if they succeed in making the most advanced engine having more thrust and t/w than all others, fixed in a more advanced jet than F22 Raptor !!!? I think they will definitely resolve their technological failures in near future. :thank_you2:
Lets not put the carte before the horse. China still can't make engines first made in the 1970s, much less develop a 5th gen fighter.

Martian

Respected Member
"Lets not forget that Chinese GDP indicators are actually faked by the CCP."

I hate it when people say that. Facts may be an inconvenient thing, but they are still true. China's growth in currency reserves over the last decade and continuous increases in oil imports clearly show that their economy is growing a lot.

The top 4 oil consuming countries are: US (21 billion barrels/day), China (7 bbl/day), Japan (5.4 bbl/day), and Russia (2.9 bbl/day) See http://www.photius.com/rankings/economy/oil_consumption_2008_0.html

If China's #1 rank in foreign exchange reserves of $2.1 trillion dollars, #2 rank in electricity consumption (3.3 terawatt-hours), and #2 rank in oil consumption doesn't convince you that they have a big and growing economy, what in the world do you require for proof?

Vladimir79

Professional
"Lets not forget that Chinese GDP indicators are actually faked by the CCP."

I hate it when people say that.
How China Cooks Its Books | Foreign Policy

Facts may be an inconvenient thing, but they are still true. China's growth in currency reserves over the last decade and continuous increases in oil imports clearly show that their economy is growing a lot.
China has estimates of 60% of GDP in debt. That outweights their FOREX reserves.

China's hidden debt problem - Jul. 27, 2009

Their oil imports have declined 5% in the last month.

China's Oil Consumption Drops First Time in 6 Months | cleanskies.com

If China's #1 rank in foreign exchange reserves of $2.1 trillion dollars, #2 rank in electricity consumption (3.3 terawatt-hours), and #2 rank in oil consumption doesn't convince you that they have a big and growing economy, what in the world do you require for proof?
The fact that China is heavily laden with hidden debt and declining in energy consumption is proof to me that their economy is tanked and they are trying to cover it up.

Martian

Respected Member
Fair enough Vladimir. I guess China's economy has taken a few knocks in the last six months during the worldwide financial crisis. I didn't know that their oil consumption had fallen.

It's important to remember that China's economic growth is real. This year, China will be either the largest or second largest car market in the world.

qilaotou

How China Cooks Its Books | Foreign Policy

China has estimates of 60% of GDP in debt. That outweights their FOREX reserves.

China's hidden debt problem - Jul. 27, 2009

Their oil imports have declined 5% in the last month.

China's Oil Consumption Drops First Time in 6 Months | cleanskies.com

The fact that China is heavily laden with hidden debt and declining in energy consumption is proof to me that their economy is tanked and they are trying to cover it up.
Don't worry about it! Putin is in Beijing asking for loans from China. Oil consumption drop is no good news to oil dependent Russian economy The Associated Press: Russian president: Economy sank more than forecast.

Every economy has its own problem and bottle neck. So is Chinese. There have been numerous fortune telling on the fall or the flaw of China's economy. They all turned out to be fantacy. It's still so far so good for China.

Vladimir79

Professional
Don't worry about it! Putin is in Beijing asking for loans from China. Oil consumption drop is no good news to oil dependent Russian economy The Associated Press: Russian president: Economy sank more than forecast.
Putin is in Beijing to make China dependent on Russian energy, this visit is about gaz and nuklear power plants. Deals account for $100 billion going from China into Russian coffers. Russian economy was forcast to drop 9% 2009, now it is 7.5% as the recovery has already begun with 2010 estimated as high as 5% growth depending on global economy. The ruble is strong and inflation is low, it makes it much easier on my wallet.

Every economy has its own problem and bottle neck. So is Chinese. There have been numerous fortune telling on the fall or the flaw of China's economy. They all turned out to be fantacy. It's still so far so good for China.
Has it turned out to be fantasy? Every year riots, strikes, and protests increase... almost 100,000 this year alone. It is estimated 40-50 million migrant workers are unemployed thanks to a 27% decrease in exports. China has spent a trillion dollars this year to create an artificial economy to supplant it creating a major asset bubble. Thousands of foreign firms in the south have shipped out due to rising wages. Steel projections from China next year estimate a 14% drop in demand, oil consumption has already dropped 6%. 75% of all men are addicted to cigarettes. Due to the one-child policy, China faces a worker shortage as that labour now enters the job market. Pollution, solid-waste, and desertification have already destroyed 10% of China's arable land and that increases by 307,000 hectares a year. China only has 130m hectares with 10% already destroyed. Every three years goes another percent. 12 million tonnes of grain are destroyed by acid rain annually with that only increasing. China's farming trade deficit grows on average 50% a year. Last year it grew by 14.3 times. Almost half of all workers are employed in agriculture with several million losing their livelihoods a year. If you think those facts are fantasy... think again.

Koji

Putin is in Beijing to make China dependent on Russian energy, this visit is about gaz and nuklear power plants. Deals account for $100 billion going from China into Russian coffers. Russian economy was forcast to drop 9% 2009, now it is 7.5% as the recovery has already begun with 2010 estimated as high as 5% growth depending on global economy. The ruble is strong and inflation is low, it makes it much easier on my wallet.

Beijing was not dependent on Russia for energy, nor is it now. Russia is a minority player in providing energy to China. "Russia is keen to attract Chinese funding, while Beijing has welcomed the chance to further diversify sources for energy needed to fuel its fast-growing economy.
"Why not? It meets the needs of both sides," said Qiu Xiaofeng, an energy analyst at Merchant Securities, in Shanghai.
"Russia is keen to get Chinese refiners to invest and help it develop its resources," Qiu said."

Furthermore, it is not just energy. They are inking deals for mining, transportation, and infrastructure development.

Vladimir79

Professional
Beijing was not dependent on Russia for energy, nor is it now.
10% now... 20%+ once these pipelines are built, not to mention our electricty exports in the Far East.

Russia is a minority player in providing energy to Russia.
:swtf: Russia provides us with our own energy.

Furthermore, it is not just energy. They are inking deals for mining, transportation, and infrastructure development.
Pittance compared to the energy deals and the transport and infrastructure are for the energy delivery. Mining is for uranium which equals more energy. That is all it is about.

qilaotou

China is dependent on energy so that enables Russia to play. Deals with XXXbillion have appeared in media many times in the last 15 years about pipelines from Russia. I'll believe it when Russian oil and gas really flow in. Russians have much higher per capita income than Chinese and better off too.

Has it turned out to be fantasy? Every year riots, strikes, and protests increase... almost 100,000 this year alone. It is estimated 40-50 million migrant workers are unemployed thanks to a 27% decrease in exports. China has spent a trillion dollars this year to create an artificial economy to supplant it creating a major asset bubble. Thousands of foreign firms in the south have shipped out due to rising wages. Steel projections from China next year estimate a 14% drop in demand, oil consumption has already dropped 6%. 75% of all men are addicted to cigarettes. Due to the one-child policy, China faces a worker shortage as that labour now enters the job market. Pollution, solid-waste, and desertification have already destroyed 10% of China's arable land and that increases by 307,000 hectares a year. China only has 130m hectares with 10% already destroyed. Every three years goes another percent. 12 million tonnes of grain are destroyed by acid rain annually with that only increasing. China's farming trade deficit grows on average 50% a year. Last year it grew by 14.3 times. Almost half of all workers are employed in agriculture with several million losing their livelihoods a year. If you think those facts are fantasy... think again.
These are facts. Injustice and problems do exist in China. But prophecy that China's economy goes down is a fantacy. Artificial economy? That's a bias, I think. How many countries could or did inject such stimulus last year?

China's agricultural output is presently more than consumption need. The government has abolished agricultural tax and started to impose welfare system to the countryside. Things are being looked after and will sort out to the better. Please let Chinese worry about it.

China has gone over the first phase of industrialization and developed. Wage increase is natural and it drives out those labor concentrated shoe making, toy making foreign companies. They are flooding into the next less developed victim areas. This is how it works.

China's economic development will be much better than Russia's in foreseable future, maybe next 20 years. In the same time China has to solve many serious problems and challenges. I think it's just great because nobody has been successful in this way before. This is why Russian social scientists are analysing the Chinese model of development.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles