How to maintain good relationship with China and avoid war !!

arya

Country flag
i want to ask a smiple question

how two power can take place in asia no way

we are going same postion as usa and russia was before the cold war

war must be take place but don't know when and in which style china may be not direct take action china will use Pakistan Bangladesh Nepal against India

jai hind

Vladimir79

Professional
China is dependent on energy so that enables Russia to play. Deals with XXXbillion have appeared in media many times in the last 15 years about pipelines from Russia. I'll believe it when Russian oil and gas really flow in. Russians have much higher per capita income than Chinese and better off too.
Russian oil exports have been increasing to PROC from 117,000 to almost 400,000bbl/d in the last five years. That is 10% of your oil imports. I have worked on contracts for the ESPO pipeline and its going smoothly. That will double exports with a possible tripling with further expansion. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

These are facts. Injustice and problems do exist in China. But prophecy that China's economy goes down is a fantacy. Artificial economy? That's a bias, I think. How many countries could or did inject such stimulus last year?
No country has run stimulus like China, not even Amerika. Most of their spending went to buying banques which will then be repaid with interest. They stand to actually make money with that bailout. What China has done is what caused the US housing crises. China has propped up most of their economy and land values by passing out bad loans and temporary housing construction jobs. The property values and increased housing are going to plummet when it reaches the bubble killing local tax revenues. The state already has the provinces paying for large portions of these projects. Once their housing bubble bursts, the people will lose the value of their homes and the provinces will go broke. It will be worse than what happened in the US.

China's agricultural output is presently more than consumption need. The government has abolished agricultural tax and started to impose welfare system to the countryside. Things are being looked after and will sort out to the better. Please let Chinese worry about it.
China has imposed a 25% tariff on imported foodstuffs to bolster domestic consumption, despite this, processed food imports continue to rise and will reach 1 trillion yuan in the next five years.

China has gone over the first phase of industrialization and developed. Wage increase is natural and it drives out those labor concentrated shoe making, toy making foreign companies. They are flooding into the next less developed victim areas. This is how it works.
And if you do, it will kill GDP growth. Here is why...

RIETI - China Shifts from Labor Surplus to Labor Shortage - Challenges and opportunities in a new stage of development

China's economic development will be much better than Russia's in foreseable future, maybe next 20 years. In the same time China has to solve many serious problems and challenges. I think it's just great because nobody has been successful in this way before. This is why Russian social scientists are analysing the Chinese model of development.
The only thing Russian and Chinese economy have in common are deep corruption of state owned business. Russian social scientists are looking at how to get out this mess, not dig ourselves deeper like China.

johnee

Hi friends !!
How to maintain good relationship between Indo-China and avoid any possible WAR. Having good relations is the best defense for both countries.
How to maintain good relations between India and China, right? Before, I answer the question, you tell me how do you define 'good relations'? Is avoiding war/conflict enough or do you want India to hold its own?

If avoiding war at any cost is the criteria, then we can perhaps hope to have good relations with China by being subservient to them. By gifting away any and every inch of land that they covet. By pleasing them on every turn even at the expense of our national interests, then perhaps we can hope to avoid conflict/war that the Chinese seem to be forcing upon us. But then again, after the recent articles published that talk about breaking India into several parts, I am not sure even our subservient attitude would suffice, perhaps it would only embolden them to make more brazen attempts at dismembering India.

But if you want India to protect its interests, then having good relations with China is not the top priority. The top priority goes to Indian interests. If China wants 'good relations', they come only from mutual respect. So China must not covet Indian lands, China must not support terrorist states that are actively involved in exporting jihad to India, China must not try to go against Indian interests in world forums like supporting Pakistan on the issue of Kashmir or trying to veto the banning of LeT or trying to veto the loan to AP, or trying to stop the NSG waiver to India.....etc. That means, China must show that it is interested in having 'good relations' with us.
We would need to match them militarily, diplomatically, and technologically or atleast present minimum deterrance to inspire such benign thoughts in communist regime of China. Our timid responses or 'friendly gestures' will only earn us contempt and further embolden the PRC. They understand the language of power and force. Let us talk to them in that language.

Chinese civilization and Indian civilization have lived in peace and prosperity for many centuries. But the current communist regime in China is not the inheritor of that great civilization or its ethos. It is an oppurtunistic and hegemonic regime, that must be thwarted for the peace of the region and well being of the country.

S.A.T.A

Chinese civilization and Indian civilization have lived in peace and prosperity for many centuries. But the current communist regime in China is not the inheritor of that great civilization or its ethos. It is an oppurtunistic and hegemonic regime, that must be thwarted for the peace of the region and well being of the country.
Couldn't have agreed more..We have to remember that this same regime couple of decades almost managed to wipe off the all remnants of the Chinese civilization as we know it.

amitkriit

Indian subcontinent was one of the richest region in the world when Europeans divided it amongst themselves (British got most of it), so economics alone is not sufficient to safeguard our boundaries. Political and Military might/resolve is important as well.

qilaotou

Russian oil exports have been increasing to PROC from 117,000 to almost 400,000bbl/d in the last five years. That is 10% of your oil imports. I have worked on contracts for the ESPO pipeline and its going smoothly. That will double exports with a possible tripling with further expansion. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Russian oil pipeline to China is still under construction, right? I don't have figures of how much China actually imports. My impression was that Russians talked with Japan, Korea and China for years about the pipelines while China got Russian oil by railway transport. I think there's much politics in Russian oil business.

No country has run stimulus like China, not even Amerika. Most of their spending went to buying banques which will then be repaid with interest. They stand to actually make money with that bailout. What China has done is what caused the US housing crises. China has propped up most of their economy and land values by passing out bad loans and temporary housing construction jobs. The property values and increased housing are going to plummet when it reaches the bubble killing local tax revenues. The state already has the provinces paying for large portions of these projects. Once their housing bubble bursts, the people will lose the value of their homes and the provinces will go broke. It will be worse than what happened in the US.
I admire your knowledge on China but I respecfully disagree about your judgement on Chinese economy. The fatal risk for China's economy would be a sudden collapse of the CCP centralized power before they change China to a more freely and social democratic system.

It's too early to say the shift is significant. China is still labor surplus country where labor costs have gone up quite a bit for investors.

The only thing Russian and Chinese economy have in common are deep corruption of state owned business. Russian social scientists are looking at how to get out this mess, not dig ourselves deeper like China.
Russians are welcome no matter what!

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
That's exactly the way Nehru and some felt about their china f(r)iends

Hi friends !!
I love Chinese people their culture their food, movies and many more, never heard any aggressive comment for China from my friends, never read any aggressive article about China in any newspaper, then why some people in various forums predict
Short of describing the authorship of the above, i would say the title sums it up

they build up a fantastic f(r)iendship, then see what happens

shotgunner

Psst...quite easy,just don't tell the Chinese their merchandise are of low grade quality and every thing will be fine.
Absolutely, and greet Indian by telling them their call centers are greatest IT innovations on earth!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Absolutely, and greet Indian by telling them their call centers are greatest IT innovations on earth!
If you were stereotyping there, you just missed it. Indeed they're the greatest IT innovations on earth. 5 Indian people solving your problems for the price of one American. They are a symbol of just how powerful our IT and telecom infrastructure is.

Now if I had to 'please' you even further:
  • We enjoy YouTube and xxxTube using the computer and telecom hardware made in your country. Thank You, We hope some day you can, too (uninterrupted).
  • When we talk to our doctor on the phone about the anal ulcer problem, we're assured that nobody else is listening. Thank you for teaching us just how precious civil-liberties and privacy are.
  • People from your country have set up woks all over our cities. They say that they're selling good quality Chinese food at prices lower than in China. Thank you for sharing your cuisine with us
  • Thank you for maintaining Communism, even after the Soviet collapse. Thanks to its implementation in places like West Bengal, we're able to see first-hand, just how craptastic Communism in an Indian setting can be, and why we shouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.
:thank_you2:

BLACK_COBRA

INDIA CAN HAVE BETTER RELATION SHIP WITH CHINA BY FOLLOWING WAYS:-

1) INCREASING TRADES E.G TATA NANO is world's cheapest car can be exported to big chineese market and several other trade options.

2) INDIA should settel all the border disputes eith china peacfuly.

3) A BITTER STATEMENT -----> We should quit supporting the tibetian Refuges and Dalai Lama Too.. This may be the main point that IRK chineese... Rather Than foucsing on tibet we should foucus on kashmir AND NORTH EAST...by DOING THIS WE CAN GET RID OF LAKHS OF TIBETIAN REFUGES WHO ARE actualy taking the employement oppertunities of Our Local indians...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles