How The Chinese View India

prohumanity

Country flag
I would like to point out that Amoy's picture of Mari-time Silk road is not correct. The correct picture of Maritime Silk Road includes an India port....that is of Kolkata. I have checked this on authentic sources. Besides, Maritime silk road and India led Cotton Route are being integrated and being co-ordinated ...its not final as of today.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I know lots of Chinese who are recent immigrants, students, etc, and I like many of them.

But they have a sort blind nationalism that makes it impossible for them to take another side in any debate about international relations, etc.

Let me give you an example: If India were to claim an small piece of rock about a 100 miles off the coast of Thailand.....most fair-minded Indians would admit that that was not fair to the Thais and as it over a thousand miles from Indian coast, and India had no right to claim it.

But when China claims islands that are barely a 100 miles from the Philippines - you will not find a single Chinese that will openly admit that they are bullying a smaller and weaker country. Even the most liberal open-minded cosmopolitan Chinese will simply parrot the official line that the whole of South China Sea belongs to them.

This is the fundamental difference between Chinese and other races - Chinese don't really believe in anything that does not directly benefit them. Their principles, values, ethics. conscience, and morals are all ELASTIC. The Chinese will do good things if it benefits them. They will also do bad things as long as it benefits them, and no one can stop them.

Everything is elastic......there is no sacred ground that they won't stomp on as long as it is profitable and they can get away with it.

Right now as we speak they are dredging up the coral reefs that supports one of the richest natural fisheries in world to build the new islands on the Spratlys. They are building islands on 5 different reefs and moving millions of tons of soil and rock from the ocean. They don't care what it does to the environment or the fisheries or neighboring countries.

Somehow no matter how many times the Chinese stomp on India with insults and humiliations that are timed just when an important diplomatic meeting happens - there are still many gullible Indians who firmly believe that China and India can become friends and even allies.
Nimo.......have you ever looked at a Map of the Spratly and Paracel Islands and exactly how far away it is from Philippines or Vietnam as compared to China.......are you freaking crazy ? This is exactly my point......it is like someone arguing that Britain has more right to the Falklands than Argentina ?

But more to the point of my post, Nimo - what I am saying is the Chinese people even the smartest, best educated, best travelled among them are completely blind to any form of reason when it comes to nationalistic matters.

I am saying the mentality of Chinese people is a "dog eat dog" mentality. And the more you give in to China - the more they take from you. So unless they have a reason to fear you.....they are going to stomp on you all day and all night if you weak. The Chinese don't respect good behaviour - they only respect strength. India and all neighbours of China need to be wary.
Mattster you have such an accurate view ...wonder how long it took you to write those and i liked at least one of them - v well written

Only one side note i can add to that is that they are expert in playing the good-cop bad-cop roles between individual and state ....the individuals can "like" India and its culture while their gov is preparing to or actually attacking us either militarily or economically .

oh i agree ! china does not hate ANYONE - just that whatever china wants is always historically and morally correct for them to take and they will simply take it - no need to hate anyone , just take their resources, that's all .

Indians are not fighting for these islands, but your claim to most of the territory in the south china sea is not going down easy with others... Are you prepared to fight everybody else?
the short answer is YES ....ccp is ready to fight them all

but better than that china policy is to be so strong and in such an overwhelming position of strength that others ( in this case the south east asian countries ) will be dissuaded from even thinking of trying anything with china - ...... that is actually their preferred strategy

Okay, China is a revisionist that the status-quo-ist superpower is suspicious of and not ready to embrace yet for fear of eroding its own dominance. Indeed not much solace in the reassuring rhetoric of "the pacific is wide enough to accomodate both" .

It takes much time, for stakeholders, to gauge and embrace the changes.

In due course the status-quo-ist, along with other SCS claimants will get used to the new equilibrium, as much as India's taken for granted the presence of the Diego Garcia base. China shall not continue to be freeloading on the security America provides. Instead she shall shoulder some more responsibility as expected to safeguard navigation freedom etc. etc., to alleviate the burden on the US.

By then there wouldn't be such a racket.
interesting map Sir, so the Sunda straits will replace Singapore and will avoid the straits of Malacca ? .....youre assuming Indonesia will allow it ? or do you hope to capture that straits for yourselves ?

Last edited:

amoy

interesting map Sir, so the Sunda straits will replace Singapore and will avoid the straits of Malacca ? .....youre assuming Indonesia will allow it ? or do you hope to capture that straits for yourselves ?
Madam the map was picked up only to show both Diego Garcia and Spratlys overseeing critical sea routes of strategic importance, instead of writing off Malacca.

Then what makes the difference for Indians? Diego is situated much closer right in IOR vs. Spratlys far off. India has got cozy with Diego as benign so will u be with Spratlys the same way. It takes time of course for Indians to see the good of a multipolar world and a new order where various powers (p5 primarily) r willing to contribute to the world peace rather than stand on the sidelines.

In this process there're always traumas as people usually fear changes and take refuge in stagnation, and disinfo spread only to slow it down.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

G90

Average Chinese dont have much opinion towards Indians, to them, indians are just aliens that you dont expect to see or talk with in your everyday life, (well, maybe besides Chinese in Guangdong or a few other southern cities).

But in some city-oriented forums/bbs, I do have saw some local complains about indians there, but not as much as the complains of Africans/muslims/Arabs or even Koreans, etc, because in general indians in China can be considered as invisible.

As for the country, well, they just view it as another south asia country.

tomblues007

@mattster I am not among those Indians who believe that India & China can be allies ... It simply can not be they are competting against each other for resources and energy... further the history says Nehru found how far China can go to back stab anyone for its interests... In fact you will see the hate in China for USA who saved their A$$ in world war - II.

Chinese are not taught to think rationally and independently, not following cummunist line will invite severe punishment with long jail terms... China have a closed society devoid of any dissent ...
funny ,so you look upon china like this!first,chinese govt doesn't represent people .second ,we are not monster.prejudice doesn't do help to solve problem.

tomblues007

Are you sure that there is absolute no difference and nothing to differentiate between Communist Chinese and Non Communist Chinese. Not sure if it is fair to say this but I feel you are pretending to be ignorant. And also there is no difference in approach to India for both groups. I do respect your opinions but there is no need to create a ambiguity for fear of being wrong and don't be afraid of being honest.

1. The Communist Chinese and Non-Communist Chinese is not like a left and right party and please do not get into it being elected and people electing them. If that was the situation the CPC would be part of the Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau elections. None of these areas have any residue of open Chinese Communist Party presence and apparatus (why it is hidden and subliminal is wonderful analysis). The most ironic is that PRC CPC makes their positions and support through people by labeling them to be Pro PRC and patriotic but never Pro Communist and a Communist Chinese.

Xi Jinping is a Communist Chinese no doubt about that. Is that false.

You can even raise KMT and DPP but they are not Communist Chinese. Ask a Taiwanese right and left opined person are they Communist. Next ask a Singaporean after that Hong Kongese, after that Macausese, after that American Born Chinese, after that a British born Chinese. Even ask the most students studying overseas from PRC (especially those that dont return).

You know that you know that a Communist Chinese is only CPC. and not all Chinese are Communist Chinese.

I refer to the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

Membership (2014) 86.7 million

That is not even 10% of Chinese people (PRC and non-PRC).

Perhaps even you are not Communist Chinese (by the way you try and make everyone the same and like Communist Chinese perhaps you have some shame and not agreement in being label Communist).

The more advanced analysis and different in approach is something like this:

A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._Jayakumar

B. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Yeo

C. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Shanmugam

And also when Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau elect people you never see a person say please vote for them they are Communist Chinese and Communist Party of China member. Do people have a choice to not accept CPC in China (are they above Special like Specially Special - more on that later).

Why there is no CPC Hong Kong, CPC Taiwan, CPC Macau ...

2. I dont really understand the disliking part ... i would have confidence in my girl friend being faithful and abiding by principles of righteousness and fearing the consequence of doing anything wrong. Being truthful and doing the right thing ... a ex-boy friend that has mental issues would not make any difference to a girl friend that has a strong bond and trust in her boy friend fear nothing. Plus we are taught from our ancient scriptures about family and doing the right thing and being truthful (some of which have been translated for Communist and Non Communist Chinese benefit).

I think the better template is envy and jealousy that you are combing into dislike. It is a hybrid of such. But again i dont think that there is even dislike between Chinese and Indians. CPC and Government of India sure that is different. Again CPC is all Chinese. CPC is 86.7 million people. You are saying 10% more Chinese people dislike Indians.

3. Are Communist Chinese better business-people compare to Non Communist Chinese.

You say they are the same. Again dont pretend to be ignorant.

I would not make the policy decision of making southern PRC a manufacturing hub to be a business decision and making money. Sure it can be entitled to such a grouping because a lot of money has been made. But making money was not the primary reason. Even now making money is not primary reason for Communists (CPC). But for non-communist and majority of Chinese making money is (major) primary reason. And frankly many are really good at it. And there is no shame about that.

What happens when Communist Chinese is given only one choice either (i) make lots of money and (ii) protect the domestic solidity.

Thats when we observe the Communist Chinese (is it upgrading) becomes a Non-Communist Chinese ... they become Special. A Communist Chinese cannot be a good business person because it is simply impossible:

special ˈspɛʃ(ə)l/Submit adjective 1. better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual. "they always made a special effort at Christmas" synonyms: exceptional, particular, extra special, unusual, marked, singular, uncommon, notable, noteworthy, remarkable, outstanding, unique More 2. belonging specifically to a particular person or place. "we want to preserve our town's special character" synonyms: distinctive, distinct, individual, particular, specific, certain, peculiar, definite, express, precise "we want to preserve our town's special character" noun 1. a thing, such as a product or broadcast, that is designed or organized for a particular occasion or purpose. "television's election night specials"

The Special Trinity of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau and their Special agreements and Special Constitutions.

The Special Communist People of China. The Specially Special Chinese. The Specially Special Special Politburo of the Communist Party of China and Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China.

As long as things are in a status quo thats fine. Like you said there are people that you need and can hate and Indians are not anywhere near those.

But frankly we Indians do not like to be talked to like you are special. And frankly Indian people do not think they are more special to Chinese people. Chinese people and Indian people can do a lot and work together and frankly it is such a shame that we dont do it more often.
wow ,it's so hard for chinese to read this article!i lost my patient.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
:lol:
My personal opinion on China is that they are "unconstrained".... The belief in central planning and authority is massive which is unbelievable. The uniformity of 1.3 billion people is amazing.
However Chinese culture , though of the same type as Indian(i.e. Asian Culture), is completely opposite. In India there is no centralization or agreement ... things are not so harmonious here.
I am always intrigued by the Chinese .... let us see what they come up with after the AIIB/OBOR. Would love to see how they handle a slumping economy.

prohumanity

Country flag
I think much of our view of Chinese people are tainted by decades of China bashing by English language media.
Only of late, some glimpse of real Chinese culture has been seen. PM Modi's visit to China and display of the great, ancient Chinese culture and their music, dance, hospitality, history has impressed Indians very much.
In coming years, lots of misinformation about Chinese people will be dispelled once Indians and Chinese have people to people contact thru Nathu La pass and other roads.
My personal experience of Chinese has been positive..I find them shy, hardworking, sometimes timid and overall
good human beings. I wish they become more open and engage with Indians to show their real nature and remove the bad image created by Western funded media outlets in India.
I don't see any negative articles about India in Chinese media such as Global times, CCTV, XinHua etc.

tomblues007

I think much of our view of Chinese people are tainted by decades of China bashing by English language media.
Only of late, some glimpse of real Chinese culture has been seen. PM Modi's visit to China and display of the great, ancient Chinese culture and their music, dance, hospitality, history has impressed Indians very much.
In coming years, lots of misinformation about Chinese people will be dispelled once Indians and Chinese have people to people contact thru Nathu La pass and other roads.
My personal experience of Chinese has been positive..I find them shy, hardworking, sometimes timid and overall
good human beings. I wish they become more open and engage with Indians to show their real nature and remove the bad image created by Western funded media outlets in India.
I don't see any negative articles about India in Chinese media such as Global times, CCTV, XinHua etc.
i agree with you,thank you for your suggedtion.

Compersion

Country flag
Appreciate your reply. Also i am sure you are clever enough to know for example when people make fun of a person who speaks chinese ... Sure it can sound funny to some and many make cheap jokes (e.g Hu Jintao satire but some say those were not jokes) !! but again someone will point and say it is a ancient language and difficult to learn. perhaps they are not learned and others are more learned and many are including your fellow chinese. perhaps you speak with a biased tongue and perhaps you speak from a different point of view which is all fine.

If you have the patience please do share - Are you a Communist Chinese ... what type of Chinese are you ??

(And after that please have a look at Post No# 5 and enjoy the read.)

Communist Chinese and Non Communist Chinese view of India - is it the same: Are you a Communist Chinese ...

Last edited:

tomblues007

Appreciate your reply. Also i am sure you are clever enough to know for example when people make fun of a person who speaks chinese ... Sure it can sound funny to some and many make cheap jokes (e.g Hu Jintao satire but some say those were not jokes) !! but again someone will point and say it is a ancient language and difficult to learn. perhaps they are not learned and others are more learned and many are including your fellow chinese. perhaps you speak with a biased tongue and perhaps you speak from a different point of view which is all fine.

If you have the patience please do share - Are you a Communist Chinese ... what type of Chinese are you ??

(And after that please have a look at Post No# 5 and enjoy the read.)

Communist Chinese and Non Communist Chinese view of India - is it the same: Are you a Communist Chinese ...
sorry to bother you.i mean at my english level,read so long and so complicated article would taken a long time ,and sometime may don't understand what you mean.for god i have learn english for at least 10 years,that's pathetic for chinese students.
OK i answer the questions .
i am not a Communist Chinese.
yes ,i can't vote ,life in china is not so bad.yet i won't be satisfied.sometime i dislike government when he disturb my life.like,why we have to learn political course,every college student take some of it as bullshit. i have enough of the geovernment when they violate human rights.sometimes they don't respect the law ,instead they publicize the law to obey by citizen.but things always change,so is the party.china has been more democratic and free.he has to,because the party faces the pressure from outer world and insider Middleclass.china's economy is developing ,the reform is carrying out.i want it goes fast,but it takes time.i don't think fast revolution is good for china ,it may be cost a lot.i want the progress to be peaceable,using the power of law .chinese society elite are debating the future of our country.the real democracy will come.
i am s sand of our coountry .may be i will have power maybe not,but i will do my contribute to social progress within my power.
by the way ,CCp is not always bad,let's finish it or right it from wrong.maybe we can say ideology has been forget.It's always about politics , power and interest.
then what common people believe ?
they believe in happy life ,to be a good man ,have rights,have freedom and create a better life.
there is so called Communist.some is rich and powerful.some is poor and weak.it depends on your ability .the Communist's superior is that they maybe have superiority than common people in government and state corporation.but ability is the most important,no matter where.sometime background can be usfull.
you know the whole world have many things in common.
i have many classmates are members of the party .but it does not help them much.who cares about it.
in china people don't have to has political belief.the social elite has belief .but we are always programtic.the real democracy will come.it's the world trend.no one can stop it .
A good system is very important .because it guarantees freedom and democracy.i guess china will first establish full democracy and freedom system.then it will be a culture.but it doesn't mean china don't have democracy culture now ,it just been partily forbidden by authority.
and china is not as closed as india think.
we just can't vote and the power to restrict gevt is weak.maybe there is something i don't know.we don't think we are like North Korea.
a socialist is not always socialism.attitude always changes when issues changes,socialism is belief
.but it can't aply ererything.no matter socialism or capitallism,it's just about how to share rights,distribute power,share interests ,distribute interests.
democracy thought is so important.i think many chinese knows it and need it.and social system is also important ,we can improvement.it's optional.
i don't know, Communist Chinese and Non Communist Chinese view of India maybe is the same.i mean the loyal Communist Chinese is very small,i doubt someone believe Communism.the so called common
Communist don't have some special view of India,i don't understand why shoud they have. most communist say they are communists only because they want get benefits.nowadays ,the benefit is more little.
we both think India is a great country.but now it is poverty.it is growing fast.indian is so clever.

prohumanity

Country flag
I agree that democracy is a world trend and China is certainly moving towards democracy..gradually. Democracy is rule of people...its the best thing as people can decide who should be their leaders and what they want.
Its power in peoples hands and therefore I wish China keep opening up to idea of democracy more and more.
However, sometimes, democracy can be harmful as enemies can spread falsehood and create chaos in a democratic nation. For example...foreign funded news media in India spread nonsense and create confusion about India's policies. As far as I understand, India and China are going to get more and more close due to trade and opening of border areas..leading to increased tourism . Lots of myths will be cleared about each other. China needs to be careful about trusting Pakistan as Pakistan can create enmity as this nation suffers from serious inferiority complex and has very great envy and hatred towards India. Using terrorists in India's kashmir is a proof of this hatred. India -China trade will be in hundreds of billions in coming years.

Compersion

Country flag
sorry to bother you.i mean at my english level,read so long and so complicated article would taken a long time ,and sometime may don't understand what you mean.for god i have learn english for at least 10 years,that's pathetic for chinese students.
yes ,i can't vote ,life in china is not so bad.yet i won't be satisfied.sometime i dislike government when he disturb my life.like,why we have to learn political course,every college student take some of it as bullshit. i have enough of the geovernment when they violate human rights.sometimes they don't respect the law ,instead they publicize the law to obey by citizen.but things always change,so is the party.china has been more democratic and free.he has to,because the party faces the pressure from outer world and insider Middleclass.china's economy is developing ,the reform is carrying out.i want it goes fast,but it takes time.i don't think fast revolution is good for china ,it may be cost a lot.i want the progress to be peaceable,using the power of law .chinese society elite are debating the future of our country.the real democracy will come.
i am s sand of our coountry .may be i will have power maybe not,but i will do my contribute to social progress within my power.
by the way ,CCp is not always bad,let's finish it or right it from wrong.maybe we can say ideology has been forget.It's always about politics , power and interest.
they believe in happy life ,to be a good man ,have rights,have freedom and create a better life.
there is so called Communist.some is rich and powerful.some is poor and weak.it depends on your ability .the Communist's superior is that they maybe have superiority than common people in government and state corporation.but ability is the most important,no matter where.sometime background can be usfull.
i have many classmates are members of the party .but it does not help them much.who cares about it.
in china people don't have to has political belief.the social elite has belief .but we are always programtic.the real democracy will come.it's the world trend.no one can stop it .
A good system is very important .because it guarantees freedom and democracy.i guess china will first establish full democracy and freedom system.then it will be a culture.but it doesn't mean china don't have democracy culture now ,it just been partily forbidden by authority.
we just can't vote and the power to restrict gevt is weak.maybe there is something i don't know.we don't think we are like North Korea.
a socialist is not always socialism.attitude always changes when issues changes,socialism is belief
.but it can't aply ererything.no matter socialism or capitallism,it's just about how to share rights,distribute power,share interests ,distribute interests.
democracy thought is so important.i think many chinese knows it and need it.and social system is also important ,we can improvement.it's optional.
i don't know, Communist Chinese and Non Communist Chinese view of India maybe is the same.i mean the loyal Communist Chinese is very small,i doubt someone believe Communism.the so called common
Communist don't have some special view of India,i don't understand why shoud they have. most communist say they are communists only because they want get benefits.nowadays ,the benefit is more little.
we both think India is a great country.but now it is poverty.it is growing fast.indian is so clever.
you mean to also say the view towards India is by Non-Communist Chinese (people like you) and not Communist Chinese !!
Thanks for replying have read your whole post. like you say there are many non communists. There are many Non communist like you do represent PRC. The view of communist and non communist Chinese is described by your write up where you even grapple with its relevance. I will not comment for sake of continuity on your definitions. There is a view point you are describing and one might say the definition it is open to different interrogation which brings with it different opinions. You can be more honest.

But your view point is also not fully advanced because you stop at the border and limit its application . That physical border has much more advancement of your thought process and you need to enter into special administrative regions , overseas regions, and soverging nations with Chinese views of india .

Communist party of China has about 80 million members it is a fact. Surely like you have said you don't think non communist and communist Chinese think different of India it is "the same"

Why we read there is dislike and difficulty.

Why is there problem to our relationship with PRC a communist chinese controlled area

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles