How Pakistan helped India during 1962 war with China

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru told then Defence Minister V K Krishna Menon in 1961 that he had received reliable information that the Chinese would not offer resistance if there was a show of force to make them vacate the check-posts...

As the 1962 war began, the Shah of Iran sent Nehru a copy of letter he had written to Ayub Khan, suggesting that he send his soldiers to fight alongside Indian forces against the 'red menace'...

General P N Thapar had submitted a note to the government when he took over as chief in 1960. In it, he had pointed out that the equipment with the army was in such poor condition and in such short supply that China or Pakistan could easily defeat India...

Veteran journalist and former member of Parliament, Kuldip Nayar has written in length on the wrangling inside the corridors of power in New Delhi in the run up to the war with China, in his latest book titled Beyond the Lines

We reproduce excerpts from the book with his kind permission

For more How Pakistan helped India during 1962 war with China - Rediff.com News

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Deeper than ocean and taller than mountains friendship. :rofl:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
A lost opportunity for us to re capture our Kashmir and Punjab

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Kuldip nayar a Pakistani sympathiser.

Next time be ready to strike
next time is too late.we had to do something within the next 2-3 years...

by the time i graduate i want atleast J&K on our side and by the time i pass my part I of FCPS i want Indian punjab on our side.

Tronic

by the time i graduate i want atleast J&K on our side and by the time i pass my part I of FCPS i want Indian punjab on our side.
FCPS?? That's scary... As much as I love trolling with you, a friendly word of advise; you shouldn't be spending this much time on these forums than.. It's not good for your development as a person..

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
FCPS?? That's scary... As much as I love trolling with you, a friendly word of advise; you shouldn't be spending this much time on these forums than.. It's not good for your development as a person..
Indeed and it is going to reduce in the coming months.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
OUR you say ??

At least learn some English....

you should have written "your"...

Zar, Joru aur Zamin usaki hoti hai jo uske upar hota hai...... samajhe

bennedose

<wank>By 2016 I want Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padokone, Katrina Kaif on my side</wank>

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
never mind the past , lets conc on the now and the future

my extrapolation is that with prc-lizard about to get into trouble economically and socially, pak will start looking toward india ... i believe nawaz has started the ball rolling with his interview statement that he "loves" india and requests for joint-ventures and electrical power

i think all our pundits in goi and indeed all people of india should - "watch it " - be cautious - no more nehru-type bhai-bhai, please !

would they really seek cooperation with india - or is it just a temporary shelter policy with the hidden hope that their prc-lizard deeper than deep saviour might bounce back - then they will try an about-turn against us !

Last edited:

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
Similarly we lost the opportunity to capture Pakistan in 1971 and help in creating independent Baluchistan, Pashtunistan and unite POK,Gilgit, Panjab, and Sindh with India. But there is a catch this opportunity that we lost in 1971 may not be lost after all, after what is happening in Pakistan we can expect them to disintegrate in the no so distant future. :taunt1:

desicanuk

By the time you graduate Pakistan would have achieved what its people always wanted - MARTYRDOM !!!

:lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles