How is AFSPA different from the British Rowlatt act ?

Tenzin

How is present day AFSPA different from the Britisher's Rowlatt act?

Tenzin

Re: Information needed

Just curious to know.

Moreover here in NE we do here about AFSPA regularly and about Rowlatt read it in history.

SamwiseTheBrave

hmmm....curious indeed. you are the first person i know who`s applied stuff we`ve read in history books years ago to the realities of today :rolleyes:
the sources i`ve read online comparing the two have some blatantly secessionist and racist overtones, which was not pleasant to read at all. hope you are not coming from that angle - incidentally, i do believe AFSPA is alsoa Black law & should be repealed in the Northeast but only wherever the ground situation is conducive todo so.

Tenzin

hmmm....curious indeed. you are the first person i know who`s applied stuff we`ve read in history books years ago to the realities of today :rolleyes:
the sources i`ve read online comparing the two have some blatantly secessionist and racist overtones, which was not pleasant to read at all. hope you are not coming from that angle - incidentally, i do believe AFSPA is alsoa Black law & should be repealed in the Northeast but only wherever the ground situation is conducive todo so.
I don't about racism in AFSPA. But I know both are martial laws and it gives power to the armed forces to try anyone without trial.

I also wanted to know is AFSPA applied in Naxal areas even though most of it is forest areas.

And I also want to now if the Indian opposed Rowlatt act why is the same Congress party supporting AFSPA.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

deleted..........................

Last edited:

Tenzin

AFSPA
http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/armed_forces_special_powers_act1958.pdf

Britisher's Rowlatt act (Pages 13 to 19)
http://lawmin.nic.in/legislative/textofcentralacts/1915.pdf

you go through them, on first look they are different.

I will explain later on.
History is always written by the Victors.

So if I read about AFSPA from nic it is useless. The GOI or amed forces will never give the real pictures.

Also if I read about Rowlatt act from nic website their might be some fabrications which GOI changed according to its propaganda.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

History is always written by the Victors.

So if I read about AFSPA from nic it is useless. The GOI or amed forces will never give the real pictures.

Also if I read about Rowlatt act from nic website their might be some fabrications which GOI changed according to its propaganda.
are you aware about Cr PC ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

I don't about racism in AFSPA. But I know both are martial laws and it gives power to the armed forces to try anyone without trial.

I also wanted to know is AFSPA applied in Naxal areas even though most of it is forest areas.

And I also want to now if the Indian opposed Rowlatt act why is the same Congress party supporting AFSPA.
are you aware what martial laws are and have you read the AFSPA ?

BTW what do you do and how old are you ?

Tenzin

AFSPA empowers the Indian army to arrest anyone without any reason. And it has lead to lot of killing s in our NE and Kashmir and false encounters too.

Tenzin

deleted....

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

AFSPA empowers the Indian army to arrest anyone without any reason. And it has lead to lot of killing s in our NE and Kashmir and false encounters too.
It appears that you forget to read Section 5 of the Act.

BTW you need Information or you want to spread your own agenda here ?

Tenzin

Well I need information but not from an Indian source like NIC but a neutral source. So if you can reccomend me a neutral link.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Well I need information but not from an Indian source like NIC but a neutral source. So if you can reccomend me a neutral link.
Go to UK and search their records.

Tenzin

UK Come on the oppressor won't have the best records. Anyway I will try to look in the NIC site.

Anyways sorry mate if i offended you in any manner.

Last edited:

sasi

Many N-E states and j&k have 370-a,b,c special status. If they want to revoke AFSPA,then we have to revoke 370 also.
370 also black law,it doesn't give equal status to all states.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles