How GPS Navigation work

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just imagine that you are in middle of a city with skyscraper. Now you want to go to another place in the city but you don't know where you are exactly at that point and how to go to your place of desire. Now for your help let's put some people on top of those skyscraper. You could consider them to be the GPS satellites. Now couple of these satellites would tell you where you are standing in the mesh of those buildings. Now you have to decide whose saying you would listen to? Obviously you would be listening to the people who is on the buildings nearer to you. Now in GPS, this is done by the hand held device. Based on the satellite reading it dos choose the best three whose signal are the strongest i.e., which are nearer to to your location. Thus it triangulates your position.
Now in next part you do send your querry about the place where you want to go to these people. Now they would guide you to the nearest reliable marker where you would get your next standing position. And then another pair of satellites take over and guide you further to another marker.
In short the satellites does read your query and based on there positions they simply guide you roughly towards your destination.

ISRO

How it calculate i.e. latitude and longitude

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hello,
How GPS Navigation work
Either it has info or it can spot all ways on map.
It can spot where are you through your receiver and displays the position of your device and map of place around this. This is called Satellite Navigation System. Many countries have their own systems to help their civilians and tourists and support their military as well.

USA-
GPS(Global Positioning System)

European Union-
Galileo

Russia-
GLONASS(Global Satellite Navigation System)

China-
BeiDou- 1(regional system, can serve only in Asia Pacific and South Asia)
BeiDou-2(Global Range, currently in development) planned for 2020,

India'
IRNSS(Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System)
Currently in final stage of development and covers South Asia(will be completed in March 2016).
Later, it's range will be extended to cover Asia Pacific also to match with BeiDou-1.
A Global Range system is planned for long term after executing important missions.

ISRO

how it calculate the movement of object in earth?

ISRO

yes i mean how it spot and pass information?

ISRO

Yes i have completed but there was no such topic.

Nuvneet Kundu

yes i mean how it spot and pass information?
Satellite communication is a closely guarded proprietary technology for all nations that possess it. I doubt you would get any specific answers to that anywhere on the internet; Unless you are a Chinese hacker willing to commit espionage. In that case you might find some information. :D

You might get generic answers about the structure of satellite downlinks, RF transmitters, repeaters, relays, but no specific inputs. That's military grade technology, and none of us know any exact specifications. Although I'd like to point you in the direction of your nearest planetarium. They give a lot of information on such things. They even have a museum for past satellites that have taken part in actual missions. I think there is one in Hyderabad and Mumbai, other cities, I don't know.

ISRO

I have recived signal from it.
In my syllabus it was not there in deep or don't remember.

ISRO

what is Singapore satellite...

ISRO begins countdown for launching six Singaporean satellites

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
what is Singapore satellite...
They were Singaporean satellites. They were made for training their students in making SATs. They were micro satellites and major among them was TELEOS 1.
ISRO begins countdown for launching six Singaporean satellites.
Begins?
Hann? They were launched last month(December 2015) by an onboard PSLV. :lol: Keep yourself updated sir.
ISRO successfully launches 6 Singaporean satellites

You must daily Open this site:
ISRO- Government of India

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India launch it but where Singapore come?
Singapore needs these satellites but India does not. Singapore developed and launched these satellites with the help of India.
It's just like other small countries like pakistan, Sri Lanka and Laos etc. take help of China,
Japan, Britain and South Korea, Saudi Arabia and many othees take help of USA,
Iran, North Korea etc. take help of Russia,

Countries like Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Singapore, Seychelles, Australia take help of India.
It's usual.

ISRO

so, Singapore made these satellites?
or India contributions?
what will be the future of these satellite?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles