How female CIA agent discovered Bin Laden's Pakistan lair after hunting terrorist

Blackwater

The real life Carrie Mathison revealed: How female CIA agent discovered Bin Laden's Pakistan lair after hunting terrorist for five years
Former Navy SEAL wrote tell-all about the Osama bin Laden raid
Talks about 'feisty' female CIA agent who spent 5 years tracking bin Laden
Similarities exist between that woman, who he only refers to as 'Jen', and the lead character Carrie Mathison in Showtime's CIA drama Homeland
Interview and book detail final moments of bin Laden's life - and how the SEALs shot him dead as his arms were hidden beneath his body

The Navy SEAL who wrote the controversial book detailing the assassination of Osama bin Laden credits a 'feisty' female CIA analyst for leading them to their target, after spending five years hunting him.
Author Matt Bissonnette – whose identity was revealed even though he wrote the tell-all book under the pen name of Mark Owen – only refers to the woman using the pseudonym 'Jen' in his book.
The similarities between her backstory and that of the lead character in the hit television series Homeland are obvious.
During an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes, the former SEAL spoke publicly for the first time about his book No Easy Day and described the role that 'Jen' played in the bin Laden raid.

'I can't give her enough credit,' he said during the interview. 'I mean, she, in my opinion, she kind of teed up this whole thing.'
In his book, Bissonnette writes that he sat next to the woman during one of the long-haul flights as they headed to Pakistan for the mission, and his brief description paints a picture of a young and extremely dedicated analyst.

Recruited by the agency out of college, she'd been working on the Bin Laden task force for the last five years. Analysts rotated in and out of the task force, but she stayed and kept after it.
'After the al-Kuwaiti phone call, she'd worked to put all the pieces together... she had been our go-to analyst on all intelligence questions regarding the target,' he writes.

The biggest question facing the SEAL team as they headed into the mission was whether or not the intelligence gathered that pinpointed bin Laden to his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan was correct.
For much of the mission, they referred to the target as 'The Pacer' because the only time he was ever seen outside was when he went on brief strolls in the compound's garden.
During their exchange, she told him that she was 'one hundred per cent' certain that bin Laden was The Pacer, which made him worried that she was overconfident.
During the raid itself, those fears were proved unfounded as he told CBS' Scott Pelley that every fact she had given the team from her research was correct.
He went on to describe the moment when the team left the compound having killed the al Qaeda leader and brought his body back to the hangar where the military officials and the female analyst were waiting to see for themselves that the mission had been completed.

Read more: Is the female CIA agent who tracked down bin Laden the basis for the character on Homeland? | Mail Online

average american

I real the book, those guys are amazeing soldiers. He said half of them took nap befor the arrived on the raid.

Jim Street

Country flag
Like this series. Mr. Winters from Band of Brothers performance is same as the old one, Awesome.

Liked the portrayal of Bipolar patient.

Real stories like these always reminds us that Truth is Stranger than Fiction.

Bushra Aziz

I real the book, those guys are amazeing soldiers. He said half of them took nap befor the arrived on the raid.
They are really very brave and shoot down anything from pilot-less aircraft and guided missiles by sitting hundreds of miles away. For them it is not the man but technology behind him that matters in a war.

US Army General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff had to flee the country to save his life when Afghan Taliban carried out attack on US's controlled highly protected Bagram Air Base on August 21, 2012. General Dempsey escaped an attempt on his life but his aircraft which was directly hit got damaged.

The Dempsey immediately fled to some unidentified location in Indian Ocean or Middle East in another aircraft. The official statement from Pentagon claimed that strike was not aimed specifically at Dempsey's plane. However, the statement admitted hitting of General Dempsey's plane in which two personnel of the Air Base were injured while General Dempsey C-17 plane and an Apache helicopter were damaged.

Jim Street

Country flag
They are really very brave and shoot down anything from pilot-less aircraft and guided missiles by sitting hundreds of miles away. For them it is not the man but technology behind him that matters in a war.
Agreed but you can't count out Human factor. You can't train these drones or robots to deal with isolated, unimaginable circumstance.

Remember, when in marriage function where people fired AK-47 in air was thought as terrorists and hellfire struck them.

Technology is for to provide intel to Humans.

Navy seals are among the best. They are trained to execute the mission if their critical equipments get failed.

So for US, man matters the most.

average american

Some of the notes I highlighted that I found interesting was in Iraq they use to do one or two raids a night like going into Osams bin Ladens hide away. Day after day, the seal whom wrote the book had been deployed ten or twelve times. He mentions several times they shot fithers in one room with a suppressed MP7 and their comrades next door did not even know it.

He tells about the missio he was on to secure the Mukatayin hydroelecdtric dam in NE irak Capital.

The rule is When in doubt , load it out, means take every thing you need.

One of his weapons was called a pirates gun,, looks a single shot hand gun that fires a grenade.
They call it vampire hours, working at night.

In Iraq they used a helicopter called little bird to land 4 men on a roof while other troops went in the ground floor,,, they also had two rings of securiety to take care of people they called squirters.In Afganstan they would land several miles away and go in on foot, sneak into homes.

Running joke in Afganstan if you wear black Cheetahs you were suspect.

The dirty secret of it all is that everyone including me loved it. We wanted to get the call everytime. which meant everything else in the world took a back seat,

In 2009 he was on his 11th consecutive deployment.

We knew that within a fe days , after the raid (Afganstan) teh villege elders would be down at the local NATO accusing us of tilling innocnet civilians The kind of innocent civilians who we knew and could prove carried RPGS and AK47s, talking about takeing pictures of the dead. SSE Senstive Site Exploration.

Good planning and use of stealth is a lethal combination.

We tried never to fall in love with a plan because it breeds complacy.

They knew details of the Osama complet, size of doors and which way they opened.

The goggles they use cost 65000 dollars. See 160 degrees.

Bin Laden knew we were coming when he heard the helicopter I had more respect for Ahmed in ghe guesthouse becaue at least he tried to defend himself and his family. Bin Laden had more time to prepare then the others , and didnt do anything. There no honor in sending people to die for something you wont fight for yourself.

In all of my deployments, we routinely sae this phenomenon. The higher up the food chain the targeted individual was, the bigger a pussy he was.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
All of us were shouting in DFI for years that osama is in pakistan and probably somewhere near pok.

It didn't take a genius to figure that out.

average american

Raids like this evidently so routine half the men on the helicopter going into Pakistan took a nap, he mentions he was woke about ten minutes from the target. Lot of these guys had been on thousands of raids of terrorist location, he also mention how much informatin they got, stacks of memory chips and CDs and there is a fair chance they got a lot of what was left behind from Pakistan. Evidently Osama was highly organized...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Did they use drones in killing Bin Laden?

average american

The military advocated takeing Osama out with B2 raid, best I can tell it was Obamas decison to send in Seal Team 6....The reason for the six was to make Russia think there were more teams then their really was.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles