Honoring our brave heroes

sky

HELLO ALL DFI MEMBERS
I HAVE BEEN A DFI MEMBER FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW,AND I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU ARE SERVING MEMBERS OR RETIRED MEMBERS OF OUR ARMED FORCES.
COULD YOU PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELFS AND THE SERVICE YOU WORKED IN/FOR.THE PURPOSE OF THIS IS VERY SIMPLE,SO WE CAN SAY THANKYOU.IF YOU ARE ALLOWED ,PLEASE ALSO GIVE US A IDEA OF WHAT YOU DO..
THANKS

:india:

dave lukins

Professional
I do notice that there is a British flag attached to your avatar, so when you say "our Armed Forces" do you mean the British Armed Forces?:wink:

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
ha ha ha,he he he.

Mr. Lukins, this might be unrelated to this discussion, i have three friends who have british citizenship, they dont care for britain one little bit.

Such a shame, your nation should probably fix this, many a times i have watched cricket matches played in england against subcontinental teams where the home team has less supporters then the visiting team, then again imperial rule for a couple of centuries has to have its disadvantages.

although on a personal level i have never felt more repulsed by any such thing (being a slight right wing a hole).

More such cases can be found in USA, i feel weird when ever i read of Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan lobby groups run by People who has a citizenship of that nation, these a holes try to project themselves as some sort of misplaced patriots, i am absolutly unable to understand this point of view.

sky

I do notice that there is a British flag attached to your avatar, so when you say "our Armed Forces" do you mean the British Armed Forces?:wink:
NO i mean india

i am a british citizen but that does not stop me loving my mother country INDIA.i see no reason why i cant be british and still have a strong indian identity.i could have had the indian flag as my avatar but i chose not to ,out of respect to the country of my birth.by the way i think britian is the greatest country in the world but one day i hope india overtakes us,the reason for this is simple.britian came to india for it riches and after 200 years left her in destitution.
:greatbr::india:

dave lukins

Professional
NO i mean india

i am a british citizen but that does not stop me loving my mother country INDIA.i see no reason why i cant be british and still have a strong indian identity.i could have had the indian flag as my avatar but i chose not to ,out of respect to the country of my birth.by the way i think britian is the greatest country in the world but one day i hope india overtakes us,the reason for this is simple.britian came to india for it riches and after 200 years left her in destitution.
:greatbr::india:

As you say, that was many years ago and not many here had a hand in it. If you want to fly the Indian Flag so be it ..go right ahead, and so you should. I hope you can see the confusion on the Armed Forces question.

I could probably tell you more on the Indian Army than most Indians but I will leave it to them to tell you.:wink:

dave lukins

Professional
ha ha ha,he he he.

Mr. Lukins, this might be unrelated to this discussion, i have three friends who have british citizenship, they dont care for britain one little bit.

Such a shame, your nation should probably fix this, many a times i have watched cricket matches played in england against subcontinental teams where the home team has less supporters then the visiting team, then again imperial rule for a couple of centuries has to have its disadvantages.

although on a personal level i have never felt more repulsed by any such thing (being a slight right wing a hole).

More such cases can be found in USA, i feel weird when ever i read of Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan lobby groups run by People who has a citizenship of that nation, these a holes try to project themselves as some sort of misplaced patriots, i am absolutly unable to understand this point of view.
KUKU, Namaste..I hope we beat you at those cricket matches:D. I must admit Cricket is not going through a good time with the British Public at the moment. It is making headlines now only because we may have a chance of capturing the Ashes from the Aussies:wink:

sky

I could probably tell you more on the Indian Army than most Indians but I will leave it to them to tell you.:wink:[/QUOTE]

one of the reasons i joined this forum was to learn more about india,so dave if you dont mind may i ask your opinions from time to time.any infomation you have i would greatly appreciate.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles