FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Sir this thread please

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Sir this thread please
Where we need to concentrate more on is Capacity-building, the process of developing and strengthening the skills, instincts, abilities, processes, and resources that organizations need to survive, adapt, and thrive in a fast-changing world. An essential ingredient in capacity-building is a transformation that is generated and sustained over time from within; transformation of this kind goes beyond performing tasks to changing mindsets and attitudes. HAL for example falls woefully short. They need a paradigm shift in work culture if they want to stay in the race.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Where we need to concentrate more on is Capacity-building, the process of developing and strengthening the skills, instincts, abilities, processes, and resources that organizations need to survive, adapt, and thrive in a fast-changing world. An essential ingredient in capacity-building is a transformation that is generated and sustained over time from within; transformation of this kind goes beyond performing tasks to changing mindsets and attitudes. HAL for example falls woefully short. They need a paradigm shift in work culture if they want to stay in the race.
We’ll need to bring aerospace related jobs in India to improve our aerospace ecosystem, brain drain is avoided by creating oppurtunities domestically.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I am still wondering what is the point if IJT-36 at this point. Is the IAF planning to retain a 3-tier training program for the pilots? If yes, then:
  • What happens to the Hawk-I, that is built by HAL with BAE?
  • How does IAF plan to replace Hawks (still very new) with IJT-36?
  • What is the sales potential for this aircraft to foreign countries, given that the US, China, UK, South Korea, Russia & Italy heavily dominate this sector?

abingdonboy

Country flag
I am still wondering what is the point if IJT-36 at this point. Is the IAF planning to retain a 3-tier training program for the pilots? If yes, then:
  • What happens to the Hawk-I, that is built by HAL with BAE?
  • How does IAF plan to replace Hawks (still very new) with IJT-36?
  • What is the sales potential for this aircraft to foreign countries, given that the US, China, UK, South Korea, Russia & Italy heavily dominate this sector?
IJT will not compete with the Hawk which is an AJT with higher performance

IJT is meant to replace the Kiran

Not 100% sure of the need for a IJT these days with the ability to go from PC7 to AJT but the IAF knows best on these things and how to churn out their pilots

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
IJT will not compete with the Hawk which is an AJT with higher performance

IJT is meant to replace the Kiran

Not 100% sure of the need for a IJT these days with the ability to go from PC7 to AJT but the IAF knows best on these things and how to churn out their pilots
IAF is still pretty archaic in its thinking. Don't assume that they'd know it just because they manage it. More and more countries are moving from high-end basic trainers directly to AJTs.

jets in Kiran's category could be entirely done away with and saved that cost. HAL is 15 years late.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
IAF is still pretty archaic in its thinking. Don't assume that they'd know it just because they manage it. More and more countries are moving from high-end basic trainers directly to AJTs.

jets in Kiran's category could be entirely done away with and saved that cost. HAL is 15 years late.
More pilot training churning out the good ones, helps to identify the best. Large countries still have 3 tier programmes

Flying Dagger

Country flag

Yes the IJT course work can be done on Pilatus plus Hawk

But with HTT 40 I dont know may be HVT can tell or market it better.

Though I may be wrong as it's specifications are not yet out in concrete but service ceiling range etc are limited in it in comparison to Pilatus as per wiki.

May be they'll improve it in blocks or something so let's see how it folds out.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes the IJT course work can be done on Pilatus plus Hawk

But with HTT 40 I dont know may be HVT can tell or market it better.

Though I may be wrong as it's specifications are not yet out in concrete but service ceiling range etc are limited in it in comparison to Pilatus as per wiki.

May be they'll improve it in blocks or something so let's see how it folds out.
Today htt-40 hasn't cleared dac:crying::crying::crying::crying:

arkos

Country flag

Yes, need to be focus on LCA LIFT.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Today htt-40 hasn't cleared dac:crying::crying::crying::crying:
Probably in 2023 budget this time. Seems like offensive weaponry would be a priority now. What's the chance that HAL can propose a foreign sale in the meanwhile? HTT-40 can be a cheap option for several small countries. There are many who'd like it to be a surveillance aircraft as well. I can think of 20 nations right now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles