Hinduism is ideal religion for modern age of incertitude: Shashi Tharoor

Trinetra

Country flag
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...itude-shashi-tharoor/articleshow/65897856.cms

These congis have come down to their knees to woo the Hindus for votes now. Otherwise two moths ago the person who said about Hindu Pakistan and Hindu taliban have changed his thoughts like lizard changes its color...

To all Hindus.... Be united so that these pseudo sickulars will listen to us and fall in line and Bharat will have prosperous future..

All Kudos to Modi, Swamy and RSS.. Proud of these three..

Trinetra

Country flag
It was until radical groups started killing people in the name of cow.
Like Modi said some local rowdies just to hide their mischief in society have started doing the Gorakshak job in the name Gouseva.. But they dont have any intention of doing any Seva.. If they would have wanted to do seva they would have taken the saved cows and took care of them.. But thats not happening.. They only just want get some political support for their false seva to hide their crimes.. We need to reject these people.. and support the real Gou sevaks who do true seva to cows not resenting to violence..

And also wee need to save the real Gou rakshaks who do their job but get killed by cow smugglers also..

So These are two thing we need to do as Hindus..

1. Reject False Gou rakshaks
2. Support moral wise and financial wise to True Gou Rakshaks..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Like Modi said some local rowdies just to hide their mischief in society have started doing the Gorakshak job in the name Gouseva..
1. Reject False Gou rakshaks
2. Support moral wise and financial wise to True Gou Rakshaks..
Why only cows? India should either be all vegan or let everyone have whatever they want.
Seriously, cow vilginatism is the only credible issue on which Hindus can bashed right now. Moreover, it's an animal, not human, why bother with someone's plate?

sorcerer

Country flag
Why only cows? India should either be all vegan or let everyone have whatever they want.
Seriously, cow vilginatism is the only credible issue on which Hindus can bashed right now. Moreover, it's an animal, not human, why bother with someone's plate?
Its not about plate.
Its using the iconography and Symbolism of Hindus to create a rift in society.
Its an old old stratagem.

Trinetra

Country flag
If its only about an animal... then why Muslims don't eat pigs.. why US doesn't eat Horse or dog meat.. and so and so around the world.. just because its related to Hinduism.. doesn't mean this need to be criticized.. This hypocrisy has to to stop at least in Indians.. irrespective whatever religion they belong..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Its not about plate.
Its using the iconography and Symbolism of Hindus to create a rift in society.
Its an old old stratagem.
If its only about an animal... then why Muslims don't eat pigs.. why US doesn't eat Horse or dog meat.. and so and so around the world.. just because its related to Hinduism.. doesn't mean this need to be criticized.. This hypocrisy has to to stop at least in Indians.. irrespective whatever religion they belong..
Look, I'm not talking about what others do. Nor I'm favouring their moronness in anyway. Cuz all the people doing the same thing just because others do, doesn't make any less moronic. Who's stopping you from eating pork too?
All values or every religion without ethics are useless.
Don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to think rational. And I'm not getting any logic.

Trinetra

Country flag
Look, I'm not talking about what others do. Nor I'm favouring their moronness in anyway. Cuz all the people doing the same thing just because others do, doesn't make any less moronic. Who's stopping you from eating pork too?
All values or every religion without ethics are useless.
Don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to think rational. And I'm not getting any logic.
Good that you think rational and with logic.. but can you remove religion from this world just like that.. NO.. so we have to respect each other's sentiment while living peacefully in this country.. If 100cr Hindus think Cows are sacred then why Non-hindus eat beef.. and there is no diktat in quran also to eat like they should eat goat.. just a thought..

Sikhbrah

Country flag
That is great but I do not consider Hinduism and shikhism separate.
There are some big difference, but both are under the Indic religion branch.

I would like to see India officially declare Hinduism and Sikhism as the nations official religion though - hiding behind the secular tag is nonsense, we don’t need to be ashame of our identity.

The secular India dream ended the moment they took half of Punjab in 1947 and made Pakistan.

If Pakistan become an Islamic republic, why are we not an Sikh/Hindu nation?

Yggdrasil

Country flag
There are some big difference, but both are under the Indic religion branch.

I would like to see India officially declare Hinduism and Sikhism as the nations official religion though - hiding behind the secular tag is nonsense, we don’t need to be ashame of our identity.

The secular India dream ended the moment they took half of Punjab in 1947 and made Pakistan.

If Pakistan become an Islamic republic, why are we not an Sikh/Hindu nation?
All indigenous religions should have the same status: "Hinduism" (which is really a collection of different practices across India with no central founder), and Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism (which have one founder each). These are the official state religions.

Foreign religions that do NOT seek to convert (Zoroastrianism and Judaism) are guest religions and should be given all freedoms and rights as well.

Monotheistic foreign religions that seek to convert others through force or deceit or bribery (Christianity and Islam) should be subject to anti-conversion laws.

Sourav Kumar

Answer provided. Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.

Subramanian Swamy would have given a different argument by citing indian constitution though. Cow is article 48 guys!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Good that you think rational and with logic.. but can you remove religion from this world just like that.. NO.. so we have to respect each other's sentiment while living peacefully in this country.. If 100cr Hindus think Cows are sacred then why Non-hindus eat beef.. and there is no diktat in quran also to eat like they should eat goat.. just a thought..
At least I want to. Unlike Abrahamics, Indic religion are known for progressive attitudes and openness to good change. That's why disbelievers & scientists could co exist with them in ancient period when Christians & Muslims we're impaling & burning them.
There is no way to justify a nonsense just because some other is doing same. Going on, it's the reason that the problem persists and someone can attack or insult your believe.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
All indigenous religions should have the same status: "Hinduism" (which is really a collection of different practices across India with no central founder), and Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism (which have one founder each). These are the official state religions.

Foreign religions that do NOT seek to convert (Zoroastrianism and Judaism) are guest religions and should be given all freedoms and rights as well.

Monotheistic foreign religions that seek to convert others through force or deceit or bribery (Christianity and Islam) should be subject to anti-conversion laws.
This would be ideal. But I don’t ever see any government having the guts to enforce this laws or apply it on our constitution.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles