Hindu families from Pakistan seek refuge in India

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Are you sure about this??? Especially when you claim that Pakistanis cannot get Tourist visas????

If this is true, it is truly shocking.... but, of course, the decision might have been taken to avoid security complications....
Its true and visa given to a Pakistani is not for whole india but for 3 cities. This is same for Indians coming to Pakistan

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Its true and visa given to a Pakistani is not for whole india but for 3 cities. This is same for Indians coming to Pakistan
Which 3 cities if you visit India ???

And, which 3 cities if I visit Pakistan ???

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Tourist visas wont be issued or what? I mean if I dont have family in india, wont I be able to go to india???

EnlightenedMonk

Tourist visas wont be issued or what? I mean if I dont have family in india, wont I be able to go to india???
If what musalman says is true, that is exactly what seems to be the case... I'm pretty surprised too... but, come to think of it, it's possibly security wise a very smart thing to do...

I read somewhere a couple of years ago, that a lot of Pakistanis who'd come to India with Visas had simply disappeared.

I'll try to find a link and give it to you...

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
.... sikhs and hindus are issued religious visas to visit pakistan but they are only allowed within the vicinity of religious shrines, in a group and are closely monitored and provided security cover for their own safety... special trains also run for them..

those coming on family visa have to report to the cops every day...

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
yes unless its an official trip or some other reason like India Pakistan gave each other cricket visa. But in normal days and normal circumstance u and i can not visit each other countries as Indian and Pakistani.

BTW if its an official trip approval of interior ministry is required :) I was going to Dehli in 2006 but my interior ministry approval never came due to red tape ;)

If what musalman says is true, that is exactly what seems to be the case... I'm pretty surprised too... but, come to think of it, it's possibly security wise a very smart thing to do...

I read somewhere a couple of years ago, that a lot of Pakistanis who'd come to India with Visas had simply disappeared.

I'll try to find a link and give it to you...
Yes the reason is security.

.... sikhs and hindus are issued religious visas to visit pakistan but they are only allowed within the vicinity of religious shrines, in a group and are closely monitored and provided security cover for their own safety... special trains also run for them..

those coming on family visa have to report to the cops every day...
Yes true.

screwterrorists

Founding Member
Hell they are from pakistan.
My dad's Hindu colleague from work used to live in Kashmir. Her entire family was abused there. They wanted out of the state but the people would not even let them leave...confusing i know..il ask my dad to clarify what happened.

In the middle of the night they snuck of out their home leaving behind everything and moved to Delhi. Now they are in America.
I know this is a little off topic but we should be looking at the situation in state before wandering out.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i think the point made by ahmed on asylum being allowed on humanitarian grounds holds a ground like none other but still one would like to see a limit to it, though one has to admit not may people anyways seek an asylum in india, one because india does not have the political clout through which the asylum seekers could further their agenda, and second we are a developing country suffering from many socio-economic ills, which does not argue well for the very basic requirements necessary to human survival, though there are international aid agencies in the country to take care of those basics but still its a burden on the rather bleak resources and infrastructure of our country.

i have a question in mind, how many of us really have seen the horror and terror of being under a constant threat of being killed, not many i suppose, so the point of humanity gets important and when such situations arise then either there is an influx of refuges or there are certain number of people asking for asylum. the good thing i see with these people is at least they are coming into a country through a legal route, trying to get the required documentation from the government of india, when they always had the option of disappearing in an ocean of over 1.1crore people, which they opted out from, and then searching them would have been like searching a grain of sand in a sea of desert and we know how competent our police is to come up with any results.

its not asylum that should bother us but illegal immigration into the country like what happens on our eastern borders, and on the northern border but we duck away from highlighting the same when it happens from nepal for the treaty we have with them and because the people flocking in are hindus. we have to tackle this problem when sitting in any corner of the country one gets a driving license made from any part of the country, the same holds true for ration cards, the voter id cards, and the scams goes to the level of passports and these are the documents that prove that someone is an indian, and very conveniently an outsider is a declared an indian and something that is creating tensions at the local level, at times a violent revolt from both the ends as in the locals and the immigrants and in some places complete domination in terms of demography by the outsiders. this is the real danger faced by the country, and there are mafias at work which help all this happen and guess which are the biggest mafia, the very leaders and their political outfits that we give the responsibility of governing this country. this is a rot if left unchecked, and uncured will create unrest and uprise in times to come, something i doubt would be the case if its an asylum seeker, who can always be controlled and when need arises be asked to leave and look for someother place.

EnlightenedMonk

Hell they are from pakistan.
My dad's Hindu colleague from work used to live in Kashmir. Her entire family was abused there. They wanted out of the state but the people would not even let them leave...confusing i know..il ask my dad to clarify what happened.

In the middle of the night they snuck of out their home leaving behind everything and moved to Delhi. Now they are in America.
I know this is a little off topic but we should be looking at the situation in state before wandering out.
I didn't know the situation was so bad in Kashmir. He used to live on our side or Kashmir or the other side??? I suspect it was our side from what you seem to be suggesting...

shiv

religon doesnt get into way of patriotism,just like our muslim brothers love india as much as we hindus do,these hindus love pakistan as much as their fellow muslim citizen.....

can we trust these people coming and seeking asylum to india........
thats the main question???

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
religon doesnt get into way of patriotism,just like our muslim brothers love india as much as we hindus do,these hindus love pakistan as much as their fellow muslim citizen.....
and how did you deduce it ?
those who have lost all, are made to feel unwanted, provided inadequate insecurity etc are leaving their nation to seek asylum in India .. google partition and you will understand the scenario somewhat..

as per my PoV those belonging to Indian ethnicity irresp of religion ought to be given asylum in their motherland (barring a few circumstances)

RAW officials regularly defect..

EnlightenedMonk

That is exactly what I was trying to ask Ahmed in one of my earlier posts.... What if these people are in fact LeT or Taliban militia trying to get into the country. They might be trained to infiltrate and either get information out to their handlers, or to carry out sabotage and other terrorist attacks...

KS

Bye bye DFI
Persecution forces 60 Hindu families to migrate to India

LAHORE: Amid increasing cases of violence and lack of security against their community, 60 Hindu families from Balochistan and Sindh have decided to migrate to India, Express News reported on Thursday.

Four out of the 60 families left for India during midday via Samjhota Express from Lahore Railway Station. The rest of the families are expected to travel by today.
Read more at Persecution forces 60 Hindu families to migrate to India – The Express Tribune

========

Welcome home and celebrate Aug 15 as your independence day . :india:

Blackwater

Re: Persecution forces 60 Hindu families to migrate to India

well i will suggest them to file asylum to Canada or Australia.

In India they wont get any facilities.

In Canada or OZ, At least they will get free house, and $$$ per month ,free education and free health.which is not possible in India

Asylum seeker is king in western countries

ani82v

Country flag

What I don't get is what the ---- they were doing at the wrong side of border for last 65 years???

What the hell they were waiting for?

Is this an example of a frog in slow heating water? :p

KS

Bye bye DFI

@Blackwater -- I agree. Perhaps they are not aware of the facilities coming from interior parts of Sindh and Balochistan and the only refuge they know of is India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles