High Speed Railway Corridor

Darth Malgus

Country flag
My brother often comes from Mumbai to Surat and says that he wants to shift to Surat. Near my house, there are high rises (13 floor is high rise in surat), Lush green farms, Tens of Gardens, Posh clubs, Night cricket grounds, Botanical garden, Aquarium, many schools including International schools, huge temples and show-rooms of all famous brands and over 60 restaurants. There are 7 medium size shopping complexes (Between 100 to 200 shops and showrooms) in 200 m from my house. One can enjoy natural beauty of village and simultaneously enjoy all privileges available in city. It is very cheap. Vegetables to rent, everything is very cheap. Only milk is costly. Education is a bit costly but if you want to spend some 2 lakh a year, your child can learn like a prince in posh school. So there shall be more more people willing to shift to Gujarat.
Now I want to shift to Surat :\

amoy

A bit surprised to notice the original post on "Indian Shinkansen" that dates back to 2010! :biggrin2:

During my recent trip in India I took around 9 trains. Quite an eye-opener to me.

I liked foods/drinks on Shatabdi Express trains.

Haldiram

Country flag
To become rich is an art and Gujjus are master in that.
Business, just like politics, thrives on nepotism and monopolization. This "art" will be tested in the coming decade with reduction to entry barriers in business and e-commerce business. Earlier, the sales one gets was dependent on the location of one's store being located in a high footfall area. Communities which had the first moving advantage locked-in these prime areas and passed it on only among their own relatives. Whenever other people tried to enter the business/buy land/shop, they'd quote prohibitively costly rates or outright refuse to sell, to maintain their monopoly.

The e-commerce sites are going over each other's heads to offer discounts. They can also afford it because they can store their goods in a warehouse in the outskirts, instead of buying a showroom in the middle of the city, and deliver via courier. People who had previously locked-in shops in prime localities are finding that the footfall has decreased due to people ordering online.

Further, having an understanding among themselves meant that shop owner's unions could set the prices of goods at a profit margin that is favorable to them and be confident that none of them will compete with each other to give a discount to the customer. That's why they confidently used to say whenever a customer bargained "you are free to check in any other shop, you'll get the same rate". It is this "edge" which allowed trading communities to stick together, unionize against consumers and other business owners that allowed them to flourish, which they tom tom as their business acumen.

Haldiram

Country flag
A bit surprised to notice the original post on "Indian Shinkansen" that dates back to 2010! :biggrin2:

During my recent trip in India I took around 9 trains. Quite an eye-opener to me.

I liked foods/drinks on Shatabdi Express trains.
China and India have signed a bilateral agreement to start a trade school/university for training railway engineering related engineers.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-speed-train-project/articleshow/61089367.cms

China had in fact not only pitched for the Mumbai- Ahemdabad high speed network, which was finally bagged by Japan, but also for the bullet project in the Mumbai-Delhi sector, which is yet to be finalised.

China is also training railway engineers in heavy hauling and it is with Chinese collaboration that India is setting up its first railway university.

G10

Country flag
Whats required is bullet train along golden quadrilateral and NSEW corridor.

Haldiram

Country flag
Along with dedicated freight corridor.
Gadkari has promised this. It will be an ship freight corridor that will pass through water channels once the river interlinking project is done.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
One friend explained to me the purpose of bullet train . The bullet train will act as local train bringing gujjus from Surat Bharuch Baroda etc from where Mumbai will be hardly one to one and half hour by bullet train . Remember these people will not have to buy property to settle in Mumbai . They will come by bullet train in morning and go back by bullet train in evening . Just like people coming from Karjat Kasara by local train . So it will be easy for gujjus to grab white collar jobs held by Marathi people in Mumbai and erase whatever existence white collar marathis are eking out in Mumbai .

70 such rides per day are planned by bullet train---35 from Gujarat to Mumbai and 35 back .

Once the bullet train starts what existence the Marathi manoos will have in Mumbai ? In fact the bullet train is like a pistol aimed at heart of Marathi manoos in Mumbai .
Why do you assume that gujjus will be able to take all Marathi white collar jobs just because they can commute easily? Aren't there educated Marathis whom they will have to compete with?

mayfair

Gadkari has promised this. It will be an ship freight corridor that will pass through water channels once the river interlinking project is done.
Ganga is navigable only upto Prayag, so not really possible to have a River freight corridor along the entire length of the GT Road section of the Quadrilateral.

River linking itself will not ensure passage of barges and freighters since the waters in recepient rivers are supposed to make up for lean months. Adequate amounts of water will be needed to allow big cargo transfer.

I think what we will see is a combo of river-road-rail stretches in these "unified" corridors.

Compersion

Country flag
Bullet train in the Mumbai to Ahmedabad section it is a demonstrator for everyone around. Not only Bharat but outside.

Gujarat and Maharashtra has a connection on this with a certain Chinese area ... not only Bullet Train. Business model and more.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Not bullet train, but India's first ever high speed train, Train 18 has had a trial today.
@220kmph looks even enough & commercially more viable than suddenly introducing 350kmph train in system.

lcafanboy

Country flag
One friend explained to me the purpose of bullet train . The bullet train will act as local train bringing gujjus from Surat Bharuch Baroda etc from where Mumbai will be hardly one to one and half hour by bullet train . Remember these people will not have to buy property to settle in Mumbai . They will come by bullet train in morning and go back by bullet train in evening . Just like people coming from Karjat Kasara by local train . So it will be easy for gujjus to grab white collar jobs held by Marathi people in Mumbai and erase whatever existence white collar marathis are eking out in Mumbai .

70 such rides per day are planned by bullet train---35 from Gujarat to Mumbai and 35 back .

Once the bullet train starts what existence the Marathi manoos will have in Mumbai ? In fact the bullet train is like a pistol aimed at heart of Marathi manoos in Mumbai .
PERFORM or PERISH is mantra for free market economy and private sector jobs. So if Tobacco rubber and eater Marathi manoos (which seeks exorbitant money for paltry job and then goes to wine shop) PERISHES it's actually a good thing....:)

ashdoc

Country flag
PERFORM or PERISH is mantra for free market economy and private sector jobs. So if Tobacco rubber and eater Marathi manoos (which seeks exorbitant money for paltry job and then goes to wine shop) PERISHES it's actually a good thing....:)
No wonder the Thackerays are still popular. The Marathi manoos rightly realises that there are marathi haters like you who can be taught a lesson only by a hard kick in the groin .

https://defenceforumindia.com/forum...led-gandhi-nathuram-godses-last-speech.80728/

Your thread forgot to mention that gujju Gandhi was shot dead by a Marathi named godse . Similar will be the fate of gujjus who have malignant intentions towards us. And remember that while many Marathis join the armed forces , hardly any gujju does .

Last edited:

G10

Country flag
This river navigation is going to pollute our source of water.

Haldiram

Country flag
Not bullet train, but India's first ever high speed train, Train 18 has had a trial today.
@220kmph looks even enough & commercially more viable than suddenly introducing 350kmph train in system.
The bullet train was probably some type of political understanding between Japan and India. We seemed to have gotten interest-free credit for the train (and possible some technology transfer?) and on top of that a currency swap agreement in return. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure China was ready to supply a cheaper variant, even at a loss, just to spite Japan and prevent India from forging close economic ties with Japan.

Japan will also be assisting the BRO in road construction and other things.

A meeting between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe later this month may yield more progress on a deal that would allow their armed forces to share military facilities.

The proposed agreement, likely to be discussed during the 13th India-Japan summit in Tokyo on October 28 and October 29, would increase their security cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region by allowing the reciprocal exchange of supplies and logistical support, according to the Deccan Herald.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ganga is navigable only upto Prayag, so not really possible to have a River freight corridor along the entire length of the GT Road section of the Quadrilateral.

River linking itself will not ensure passage of barges and freighters since the waters in recepient rivers are supposed to make up for lean months. Adequate amounts of water will be needed to allow big cargo transfer.

I think what we will see is a combo of river-road-rail stretches in these "unified" corridors.
Plan is to take it to Assam via Bangladesh, and we are sponsoring the dredging in Bangladeshi rivers.

One more route will probably also go to Tripura.

lcafanboy

Country flag
The Marathi manoos rightly realises that there are marathi haters like you who can be taught a lesson only by a hard kick in the groin .
Who told you I am marathi manoos hater? I live in Maharashtra and love it. But I will call spade a spade. You call a Marathi electician to replace a switch he will ask for rs 250-300 and will take 4-5hours with tobacco rubbing, tea and pissing to change to justify the cost, once done will go to nearest wine shop and end the day. Now compare to UPwala who will charge RS 75-100 and will do it in 15 mins who will visit 10 homes and earn rs 1000-1500 per day. That's the difference and people prefer efficient workers even that so called Marathi manoos whether you like it or not....:biggrin2::)

Again free market economy survives on PERFORM OR PERISH...

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
This is the most important thing this government has done. This will hedge INR against USD.
It doesn't hedge against the USD at all. It only locks in the INR's rate against Japan's currency. Both INR and the Yen have been going down w.r.t the USD. It just plugs us into Japan's economy. If, theoretically, China were to plug in to this whole setup, then we'd essentially have a de facto Asian economic zone, that would make it difficult for the US to single out Asian countries for imposing sanctions without affecting the other countries and affecting American trade with them. That would be a nightmare scenario for the US, that's why they prefer giving waivers to India on S400 and Iranian oil to prevent India from getting into currency/gold swaps with Russia and Iran.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles