High Mark 2010 - (an Exercise by PAF underway, 15th March - 23rd April)

DaRk WaVe

PAF to launch ‘Exercise High Mark’ next week

By Sajjad Malik

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will launch its countrywide “Exercise High Mark-2010”, from next week to test its professional skills and capabilities.

Defence sources say that this kind of exercise is held after every five years and involves all aerial frontiers and bases from across the country, including the latest missile and firepower of the country.

“The exercise would continue for 40 days and, for the first time, the JF-17 Thunder will also participate in the exercise, in addition to F-16s and other fighter planes,” the sources said, adding that it would be entirely an internal activity and no foreign nation would be invited to participate in it.

It is the main peacetime activity and will cover the entire country from Skardu in the north to the Arabian Sea in the south.

The exercise would also involve the army and naval contingents to show an integrated approach to deal with any eventuality in the time of war.

It would include joint operations with extensive participation from the army and navy, which would further enhance cooperation amongst the three forces.

"The exercise would also involve the army and naval contingents to show an integrated approach to deal with any eventuality in the time of war.
It would include joint operations with extensive participation from the army and navy, which would further enhance cooperation amongst the three forces.

Last edited:

DaRk WaVe

Pakistan’s biggest joint military exercises High Mark 2010 commence next week

March 12, 2010

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is organizing country’s biggest joint military exercises Exercise “High Mark-2010” with Pak Army and Pak Navy.

According to Spokesperson of PAF, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman briefed Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani about these exercises.

The Army Chief along with senior army officers visited the Air Headquarters in Islamabad on Friday.

Exercise “High Mark-2010” would cover the entire country from Skardu in the North till Arabian Sea in the South.

According to sources of PAF , the Army Chief praised the organizing of exercises, saying it would not only further enhance the integration and cooperation amongst the three services but would also make three forces professionally prepared to meet any eventuality.

The exercise will include joint operations with extensive participation from Pak Army and Pak Navy.

The Air Chief while giving briefing to COAS said that PAF would test the capability of its force, new system of planes, fleets and missile system.

According to sources, the military leadership has praised the process of training of armed forces despite the on-going war on terror and other issues related to the internal security.

Sources said that these exercises would be started in three to four days.

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
PAF to launch ‘Exercise High Mark’ next week

By Sajjad Malik

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will launch its countrywide “Exercise High Mark-2010”, from next week to test its professional skills and capabilities.

Defence sources say that this kind of exercise is held after every five years and involves all aerial frontiers and bases from across the country, including the latest missile and firepower of the country.

The exercise would continue for 40 days and, for the first time, the JF-17 Thunder will also participate in the exercise, in addition to F-16s and other fighter planes,” the sources said, adding that it would be entirely an internal activity and no foreign nation would be invited to participate in it.

It is the main peacetime activity and will cover the entire country from Skardu in the north to the Arabian Sea in the south.

The exercise would also involve the army and naval contingents to show an integrated approach to deal with any eventuality in the time of war.

"The exercise would also involve the army and naval contingents to show an integrated approach to deal with any eventuality in the time of war.

40 days long exercise????quite long.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is the PAF and PN subordinate to the PA? Why do they report to the PA chief? Do the two branches report to the army?
Its good that pakistan is conducting this exercise. It will give indian Awacs to test its capabilities. See if it can light up birds from across the border.

DaRk WaVe

Is the PAF and PN subordinate to the PA? Why do they report to the PA chief? Do the two branches report to the army?
bwahh, you need to read it again & he's COAS (Chief Of Army Staff)

It would include joint operations with extensive participation from the army and navy, which would further enhance cooperation amongst the three forces

Its good that pakistan is conducting this exercise. It will give indian Awacs to test its capabilities. See if it can light up birds from across the border.
Good for you & good for us as well, time to test some AWACS & JF-17s >>>>>>

Here in Islamabad preparations have already started, saw two F-7PGs & can hear them after every few mins

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Emogirl I know Kiyani is Coas. I am talking about the power structure. The report you posted talked about the other chiefs briefing the coas. I just thought that the PA dominates the other forces. yes its the case in all forces where each branch tries to dominate. But in pakistan it may well be that all policy decisions too of the other branches may be taken by the army. Correct me if I am wrong. Just my thought.

DaRk WaVe

Emogirl I know Kiyani is Coas. I am talking about the power structure. The report you posted talked about the other chiefs briefing the coas. I just thought that the PA dominates the other forces. yes its the case in all forces where each branch tries to dominate. But in pakistan it may well be that all policy decisions too of the other branches may be taken by the army. Correct me if I am wrong. Just my thought.
COAS visited to PAF HQs just to be briefed on High Mark 2010 because it will involve Army, yes i have to say that Army somewhat Dominates but you are wrong in saying that 'policy decisions too of the other branches may be taken by the army'

Last edited:

gogbot

Just think back to all the Military coups and dictators Pakistan Has.

That alone will tell you where the power lies in Pakistan.

MMS asked Musharraf, "who is in-charge in Pakistan You or the Army."

Musharraf responded "I am the Army"

DaRk WaVe

Just think back to all the Military coups and dictators Pakistan Has.

That alone will tell you where the power lies in Pakistan.

MMS asked Musharraf, "who is in-charge in Pakistan You or the Army."

Musharraf responded "I am the Army"
because he was the Army at that time
Ajeeb bat karte ho tum log

BTW Topic is Exercise High Mark 2010

Reactions: Neo

gogbot

because he was the Army at that time
Ajeeb bat karte ho tum log

BTW Topic is Exercise High Mark 2010
I highly doubt one slightly OT post can detract from this thread.

And besides, i was answering a query as to if the Pak-Army dominates other Branches.
And i gave my answer that yes it does.

either way the Army is usually always more powerful than the other branches, in certain kinds of states.
With teh absence of a government to keep the military in check the, the army has built the Power structure around it self

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Emogirl I was just asking an honest question. In no way I wanted to take this thread OT

DaRk WaVe

Massive PAF exercises this month

ISLAMABAD, March 12: Pakistan Air Force will hold its biggest exercises in the third week of this month. The exercises will cover the entire country, from Skardu in the north to Arabian Sea in the south.

Sources told Dawn on Friday that High Mark 2010 would be different from all previous exercises because it would also feature operations involving army and navy personnel.

The recently inducted squadron of JF-17 Thunder aircraft and all other fighter jets will participate in the war games.

The sources said all new inductions, including the Swedish Airborne Early Warning and Control planes and mid-air refueller aircraft, would take part in the High Mark-2010 which was expected to continue for about 45 days.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...ont-page/massive-paf-exercises-this-month-330

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
for the first time, the JF-17 Thunder will also participate in the exercise
Is the first squadron of JF-17 ready to take part in this exercise? If I am not wrong it was inducted to PAF just a few months before.

If possible please do post some pictures of JF-17 firing a BVR missile or any LGB during the exercise.

DaRk WaVe

Is the first squadron of JF-17 ready to take part in this exercise? If I am not wrong it was inducted to PAF just a few months before.

If possible please do post some pictures of JF-17 firing a BVR missile or any LGB during the exercise.
A-5Cs of Black Spiders have been grounded this means JF-17 is operational with all weapons

This will be first exercise for JF-17, I will try my best to get hands on JF-17s firing SD-10s :)

ahmedsid

Top Gun
MOD: Please Avoid One Liners. Do chip in some other info and make it longer as it doesnt augur well for the Forum. God Speed

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles