Here's How Israel will Attack Iran

Auberon

Oh missiles do "cause harm" all right.

The assertion isn't that they are not a threat, they are in fact the biggest threat, but not an existential one.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
So, that source or article cant be taken seriously, because "Existential" threat can be delivered if the missiles fall into Tel Aviv and the other main cities, simply because Israel is a small country. Its not in its interest in any way to let even a single missile slip by which the article says can happen with the "Harm" claim!

What abou the other Source which claims Iran has only 90 missiles? If I or others accept it, we got to admit that Iran has J10s and S300s! Didnt read further or else I might have come to know a lot of weapons Iran has!

No source can claim how many missile Iran has.And we cant trust the Iranians on the figure they give. They might have 100 or they might have 5, but we will only know the truth when Israel attacks!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Lets keep out "future scenarios" Where Syria will have S400s and Iran will have heaven knows what. Lets discuss the stuff at hand and not 2014 or a future date.

If you can kindly quote something interesting from the PDF file, because I am kinda not interested in going through files of the likes of which say Iran has S300s or J10s from china.

Auberon

Stuff at hand? How many Iranian missiles will get through and reach their targets in Israel? How much will be the destruction caused by this? Existential means ceasing to exist, how many missiles will need to reach their targets for that? Will Israel do nothing retaliatory in the meanwhile? They war will be fought in Iran, not Israel. World opinion be damned, in case of an attack like that on its mainland, I believe Israel will nuke Iran. Israel won't cease to exist, but Iran will certainly be screwed to the extent of being ineffective militarily.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Frankly speaking, Israel cant predict How many Missiles will get through, because to do so will be a flawed idea. But You should know that If its a End game being played out, then It will be a Big end game.

The War will not be Fought in Iran until and Unless US comes in from Iraq and Afghanistan! Kindly take a look at the map and see the area difference. Israel cant even keep carrying out airstrikes against Iran without US involvement, which I doubt, because Obama is in office.

The war will be a War of Missiles! Simply because Israel and Iran dont share a border! But the War can be taken to Israel with Hezbollah and allies!

Lastly, Israel will Nuke Iran and damn the rest of the world. But they will do so when they are sure they will go down and there will be No More tangiible Israeli state. I doubt they would just go and nuke Iran in the first strike!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Lastly, Israel will Nuke Iran and damn the rest of the world. But they will do so when they are sure they will go down and there will be No More tangiible Israeli state. I doubt they would just go and nuke Iran in the first strike!
You are mistaken here. Israel will use its nuke even if it gets a whiff of its existence being at risk. It will not let Iran send a barrage of missiles before it strikes with nukes.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I wrote "When they are sure" So It means they will do so without being attacked and are sure Iran will send missiles over. Israel knows Iran will send missiles over, so no need of Whiff of anything. Its just plain written all over. Iran doesnt have an army or airforce or navy which can fight Israel or anybody. They got Missiles and Israel knows they will use the only point of defence they got.

Let me tell you all here, Iran will acquire Nuke weapons and that Israel and the US will live with it. They should have taken out Iran a decade back if they wanted to. They just plainly played a foolish game of Waiting, and Its now too late to roll back the Iranian nuke programme, unless there is a Sudden regime change and the new regime lets in Israel and Us to Dismantly the nuke structure completely!

Auberon

Oh I bet Israel has a more accurate idea about that than anyone else, their intel is the best in region.

IMHO Hezbollah and allies will face a severe drubbing in case of all out war by Israel.

In case of a War of Missiles, it ll be prudent to remember that both the sides will have them, not just Iran!

Its my view anyway that Israel will not let Iran get nukes at any cost, up to and including extreme military casualities, but nukes will be used if the Israeli mainland comes under heavy attack.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ahmed,
Thats why I said earlier that the decision of the US is of importance. If it decides to live with a nuclear Iran, then it ends here. If not, an all out war.

But then it all depends on how accurate the intelligence is on how advanced the Iranian nuke program is. If recent US reports are any indication, the US intel thinks Iran is not at an advanced stage of acquiring nuclear weapons.

Auberon

Thats where I disagree. If Iran comes close to the final stages, the US involvement scenario will be thrown outta the window and Israel will have a go at it alone no matter how risky.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
If we were to accept that Israel knows best then there would be NO need of this Discussion. We dont know what Israel knows, hence this discussion.

Yes, both sides Have missiles, and Never did I imply that Only Iran has them at any point and neither Did I say that Hezbollah would run over Israel? No I suppose, but they will play their part by rocket attacks and ambushes!

Now to the Israel stopping Iran part. How do they plan to do it? The Know How is trenched my friend, and the Structures are hardened and Iran is far away. A Land assault is necessary, and for that US needs to come in!!! Or A Regime Change!

Heavy Military casualties will only be possible in a land war. In an Israeli Strike the max casualty will be some Jets down. Nothing more. The casualties will be Civilian my friend, poor people on both sides. Where will the armies fight if they cant even see each other? This is not an Iraq where the US had bases all over nearby countries. This is Iran and Israel is a far away without US giving it permission to fly over and use the bases!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Ahmed,
Thats why I said earlier that the decision of the US is of importance. If it decides to live with a nuclear Iran, then it ends here. If not, an all out war.

But then it all depends on how accurate the intelligence is on how advanced the Iranian nuke program is. If recent US reports are any indication, the US intel thinks Iran is not at an advanced stage of acquiring nuclear weapons.
Yes, I agree 110% coz if US says No, then its a No. Mr Netyanahu has left for the US, lets see what happens on the Iran issue. Obama is in no mood for an Iran war I feel.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes, I agree 110% coz if US says No, then its a No. Mr Netyanahu has left for the US, lets see what happens on the Iran issue. Obama is in no mood for an Iran war I feel.
Obama's mood doesnt count. What does is the intelligence assessment of Irans nukes and what policy decision the US will take vis a vis Iranian nuke program.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Obama's mood doesnt count. What does is the intelligence assessment of Irans nukes and what policy decision the US will take vis a vis Iranian nuke program.
US intelligence assesment cant be counted upon. It flip flops. If obama wants war then a Sexed up dossier will be made, published and sent to Brown and company and Off they go to Iran! If they dont want war, then the normal mellow reports come out. I dont see a Change under Obama, its just that US is in no stage to fight a war. They are working hard to jumpstart the economy.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But then it cannot come at the expense of its security.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag

How IDF troops 'infiltrated alleged Syria nuke site' - Haaretz - Israel News

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2461421.ece

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Osirak: Over the reactor

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Factfile: How Osirak was bombed

Nuclear Weapons - Israel

I wrote "When they are sure" So It means they will do so without being attacked and are sure Iran will send missiles over. Israel knows Iran will send missiles over, so no need of Whiff of anything. Its just plain written all over. Iran doesnt have an army or airforce or navy which can fight Israel or anybody. They got Missiles and Israel knows they will use the only point of defence they got.

Let me tell you all here, Iran will acquire Nuke weapons and that Israel and the US will live with it. They should have taken out Iran a decade back if they wanted to. They just plainly played a foolish game of Waiting, and Its now too late to roll back the Iranian nuke programme, unless there is a Sudden regime change and the new regime lets in Israel and Us to Dismantly the nuke structure completely!
The moment Iran attacks Israel with missiles Uncle Sam comes knocking.
If US military gets involved, all they need is the order and within 12 hours Irans military will have a lot of trouble along with all of its nuclear program sites. Why give US the motivation to do that?

I think In case Israel drops a bomb or two in Iran, Iran will not use its missiles, it can not launch a air, land or sea based attack.

May be Hezbollah and co. become the rain of rockets, however Israel might just attack them in a Lebanon type operation before attacking Iran. They can also call back Tehran and tell them to wait for the right time, after all attacks on Syrian sites did not cause much trouble in the region.

I think the only thing that is certain is that anything could happen at the end of the day, hopefully a peace agreement.

Auberon

Yeah I believe Israel knows best in the region. This discussion is about the feasability, probability, outcomes and different scenarios involving an attack on Iran, Israel's intel capability is just a part of it, so I don't see how there ll be NO need for discussion if assumed that Israel does have the necessary intel to launch a successful attack.

I believe Hezbollah will be crushed in an all out war with IDF, when all their resources are mobilised, they are much more than Hezbollah's match in urban warfare and these are scenarios they are trained for.

The attack will definately by air. No land assault.

Kindly refer to a map and look at the CENTCOM bases in the region. Quit comparing it to Iraq, Israel's primary objective is merely destroying the nuke facilities, not changing the regime.

Israel isn't the only country worried by Iran's nuke program, it is my belief that Israelis will fly over, and refuel over, Saudi Arabia--with their blessing.

ahmedsid

Top Gun

How IDF troops 'infiltrated alleged Syria nuke site' - Haaretz - Israel News

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2461421.ece

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Osirak: Over the reactor

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Factfile: How Osirak was bombed

Nuclear Weapons - Israel

The moment Iran attacks Israel with missiles Uncle Sam comes knocking.
If US military gets involved, all they need is the order and within 12 hours Irans military will have a lot of trouble along with all of its nuclear program sites. Why give US the motivation to do that?

I think In case Israel drops a bomb or two in Iran, Iran will not use its missiles, it can not launch a air, land or sea based attack.

May be Hezbollah and co. become the rain of rockets, however Israel might just attack them in a Lebanon type operation before attacking Iran. They can also call back Tehran and tell them to wait for the right time, after all attacks on Syrian sites did not cause much trouble in the region.

I think the only thing that is certain is that anything could happen at the end of the day, hopefully a peace agreement.
The Moment US gets involved, Iranian Military is finished. And If US can stop Iran from launching Missiles then it will be a doubly awesome.

But I think Iran wont keep silent like Syria, remember Syria is in no way a threat to Israel and that Israel and Syria are close which makes any attack Easy.

Iran survives on its hype that It can give a blow to Israel if needed, if they dont, then the Mullahs can very well say bye bye to Power because the people will know that the Govt is just bluff and ripe to be overthrown. The morale will be down and a New regime might come in too, because I feel the people of Iran are somewhat pissed off with the mullahs.

Again I hope the peace agreement is the thing that will happen and Not War!

johnee

Gurus,
I have a doubt:
what is the best scenario for India is this mess of a situation?
What can India do to create circumnstances for that scenario which is favourable for India?
If Israel attacks Iran, what would be the reaction of India? and What 'should' be the reaction?
If Iran is in final stages of going nuke, what would be the reaction of India? and What 'should' be the reaction?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles