hello from me

Calanen

I just wanted to say hello from Australia, I am interested in defence related matters in the area of India and Pakistan and nearabouts.

I am a white guy, I also came on board to say, it's not white people (in the main) who are attacking Indians in Australia. White people are victims of crime, just the same, they just *normally* live in areas that are more crime free than where Indians live. But I can tell you if I went out to Harris Park or Lakemba at night, my life would be measured in minutes also, and I am not Indian.

And it wouldn't be white guys who would kill me - but 'youths of middle eastern appearance' as the press so likes to call those responsible.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Howdy mate welcome to the DFI

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Welcome to DFI mate.

Its good to get an Australian perspective on these unfortunate happenings and other events.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
welcome, always good to have people from different nationalities. keep posting your views and enjoy your self.

cheers!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Welcome to DFI mate.
Racism is an issue all over the world, including India but by far most of the society whether in India or Australia, I hope, is anti-racism. A few rotten apples give the whole country a bad name, and sadly, right now Australia is up there with Pak for all the wrong reasons from an Indian PoV. :)

Calanen

Welcome to DFI mate.
Racism is an issue all over the world, including India but by far most of the society whether in India or Australia, I hope, is anti-racism. A few rotten apples give the whole country a bad name, and sadly, right now Australia is up there with Pak for all the wrong reasons from an Indian PoV. :)
That's cool - but remember who is doing it. It's not white guys. It's predominantly muslims who consider Indians to be 'kuffar' and infidels. It's not really racist, but more religious based. But the muslims attack white people like me, just the same as they would Indians. The difference is, they cannot get to me because I live in the wealthy areas of Sydney. In fact the border of that area Woollahra is nicknamed the "Demilitarised Zone' because it's where the madness stops. And the Indian point of view, has been hindered by our government not wanting to say 'HEY ITS OUR MUSLIMS THAT ARE ATTACKING THE INDIANS!' when everyone knows that's what's happening. Because, that would be 'racist' apparently. So instead, we'll pretend its fictional white ku klux klan members attacking Hindus. I can tell you if we did have supremacist racists here in a significant number, they would be attacking the Lebanese, Sudanese, Nigerian and Somali muslims - not the Indians.

In Australia there is very little racism per se. Most people so do not care who you are or what you do as long as you do not cause problems for them. Such animosity as there is, is not directed at Indians. In fact I don't think I've ever heard any white people say they had problems with Indians, or didn't want them here or were worried about them. I have heard them say it about another group, and for very, very good reasons.

ZOOM

Founding Member
I just wanted to say hello from Australia, I am interested in defence related matters in the area of India and Pakistan and nearabouts.

I am a white guy, I also came on board to say, it's not white people (in the main) who are attacking Indians in Australia. White people are victims of crime, just the same, they just *normally* live in areas that are more crime free than where Indians live. But I can tell you if I went out to Harris Park or Lakemba at night, my life would be measured in minutes also, and I am not Indian.

And it wouldn't be white guys who would kill me - but 'youths of middle eastern appearance' as the press so likes to call those responsible.
Welcome Calanen, warm welcome on board.

We know that not many Australians are alike, which is quite appeared from the fact that we do have a Australian members whose thinking is very positive. But surprize us the most about Australia, especially about Australian people, is their extraordinary silence that they have maintained on such a ruthless issue which is unnecessarily creating suffering to the peaceful lifes of Indian stundents. If honest and responsible Citizens of Austrialia come forward and exhibit their willingness to the cause of Indian students by pressing their government to take drastic action, then it will do a world of good for both the countries.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
That's cool - but remember who is doing it. It's not white guys. It's predominantly muslims who consider Indians to be 'kuffar' and infidels. It's not really racist, but more religious based. But the muslims attack white people like me, just the same as they would Indians. The difference is, they cannot get to me because I live in the wealthy areas of Sydney. In fact the border of that area Woollahra is nicknamed the "Demilitarised Zone' because it's where the madness stops. And the Indian point of view, has been hindered by our government not wanting to say 'HEY ITS OUR MUSLIMS THAT ARE ATTACKING THE INDIANS!' when everyone knows that's what's happening. Because, that would be 'racist' apparently. So instead, we'll pretend its fictional white ku klux klan members attacking Hindus. I can tell you if we did have supremacist racists here in a significant number, they would be attacking the Lebanese, Sudanese, Nigerian and Somali muslims - not the Indians.

In Australia there is very little racism per se. Most people so do not care who you are or what you do as long as you do not cause problems for them. Such animosity as there is, is not directed at Indians. In fact I don't think I've ever heard any white people say they had problems with Indians, or didn't want them here or were worried about them. I have heard them say it about another group, and for very, very good reasons.
Welcome to the forum Calanen.
My cousin was attacked in Melbourne a few months back, and the attackers were no Muslims. They were the regular white Aussies. Not to say that Australia as a whole is rascist, but you seem to be skipping over a lot.

Calanen

Welcome to the forum Calanen.
My cousin was attacked in Melbourne a few months back, and the attackers were no Muslims. They were the regular white Aussies. Not to say that Australia as a whole is rascist, but you seem to be skipping over a lot.
I can never deal in absolutes, and of course everyone can have a story, perhaps even about Indians being violent. What I can say, is that the bulk of assaults in this entire country, are not caused by whites pro rata. They just are not. You couldn't possibly believe me to say that whites have never hit an Indian.

What I am saying is that the majority of the problem, for *everyone* is not white guys. And I am sorry to hear about your cousin, but I could tell you many more stories about white guys getting bashed by muslims. If you go to the courts, the criminal courts on any day, the cafes surrounding them are full of muslims waiting for their cases to be heard. If you visit the jails, they are full of muslims. In Melbourne, the big problem are the Somali, Sudanese and Nigerian gangs.

I've been attacked by white guys too - long ago. There are idiots everywhere. But our biggest problem in terms of violence on others are the muslims located in the western suburbs who have become untouchable and emboldened by the fact that the police do not wish to confront them, and the public will not talk about the problem because its supposedly 'racist' to do so. The fact that the jails are full of muslims, mostly of middle eastern origin, demonstrates that something is happening. Although probably some would just say its our justice system that is racist...funny how there are no jews, hindus, or sikhs (or very few) in our prisons. Perhaps its because they do not belong to a supremacist ideology that is bent on global domination through violence - no, to think like that would be racist.

What race is Islam again?

Pintu

Warm welcome to the Defence Forum of India , Calanen

Please enjoy your stay here.

Regards

A.V.

welcome to DFI fell free to express yourself
enjoy the forum

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Welcome mate. Have a good time here.

Latest Replies