- Jan 9, 2012
SIALKOT: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Sunday said if India tried to impose war on Pakistan, heavy losses will be inflicted on India, “which she will remember for decades,” reported Radio Pakistan.
Talking to journalists during his visit to Kundunpur village along the working boundary in Sialkot, Asif said cowardly acts by Indian forces had “strengthened our forces’ determination to defend our motherland.”
“The armed forces will defend every inch of their motherland at every cost.”
Kundunpur was among the villages badly affected by the recent firing and shelling from Indian border forces along the working boundary.
Read: At least 11 killed as Indo-Pak border troops exchange fire.
The defence minister said India’s “real face had been exposed as it was supporting terrorism in Pakistan and creating tension on borders through unprovoked firing along the working boundary and the Line of Control.”
Asif went on to say that India is diverting attention from its “internal failures” by creating tension on borders.
Condemning the recent ceasefire violations by Indian troops along the LoC, Asif said the “sacrifices of our martyrs will not go waste.”
The minister said Pakistan had proof of India’s interference in Pakistan, adding that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will present the evidence at the upcoming United Nations General Assembly meeting in September.
“The prime minister will also present these proofs to the US leadership during his visit to America in October this year.”
Asif later visited the residences of those killed and injured by Indian firing in Sialkot’s working boundary area.
The minister also announced assistance of Rs500,000 for the families of the deceased, while Rs100,000 each was announced for those injured.