Have you ever voted in an election? Please share your experience

Have you ever voted in an election?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Flint

If you have voted, please share your experiences - what were the conditions like? Did you face any problems?

pyromaniac

Founding Member
If you have voted, please share your experiences - what were the conditions like? Did you face any problems?
Well...like I said, I voted in America during the last presidential election(For Obama nonetheless) and there were absolutely no problems...I just walked into the School(that was where the booth was) and they checked my name off a list and vola I was done.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I did . I voted against Mushraf referendum. Gave vote in 2001 General Elections of Pakistan. Gave vote to Jamat-i-Islami candidate. I also voted in 2002 local elections and gave vote to PPP candidate. In 2007 General Elections of Pakistan I gave vote to random candidate coz Jamat-i-Islami and Tehrek Insaf boycotted the elections.

Experience, well at referendum they had booths in all offices so it was easy i went down stairs and voted. :)

In 2001, 2002 and 2007 election booth was in local mosque so it was easy too. Elections in Pakistan are usually very peaceful especially in 2007. People and the politicians do not create situation which give army a reason to come to power :) In fact it was like a "mela" rather than an election

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
In Pakistan they first check your name in the voter list with ur national ID card. Then u enter the booth. All where agents of the candidates and presiding officer is sitting. They all check ur name again in the list and tick it as "done" Then u take the vote and go into the booth. Give ur preference and cast

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I haven't 'cuz I'm too young to vote.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
I've voted in well 2 elections (state plus national), if we count college then 4 more.

Sohamasri, did you give 10th board this year?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I've voted in well 2 elections (state plus national), if we count college then 4 more.

Sohamasri, did you give 10th board this year?
NOOO !
I'll be giving my 12th board next year.
I'm in 12th now. Also have to give the IIT-JEE and BITSAT.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
NOOO !
I'll be giving my 12th board next year.
I'm in 12th now. Also have to give the IIT-JEE and BITSAT.
The damn engg. entrance papers, eh.

F man, i am sorry for the kids these days, there are entrance papers to get into a IIT-JEE coaching institute.

All of that for going into the boring boring engineering.

My home district and Delhi both are very quiet places, really no problems, back in Chamoli (my home district) i knew the candidates personally both of them had a clean record and both were well educated, one of them spent more time in the villages than other (who spent it in cities) so he got my vote, unfortunately he lost :(, the good thing is there has not been any incidence of violence in the elections.

In Delhi i read up on the candidates if i can(it is difficult), knowing about the party they contest from is easy.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The damn engg. entrance papers, eh.

F man, i am sorry for the kids these days, there are entrance papers to get into a IIT-JEE coaching institute.

All of that for going into the boring boring engineering.
Hey ! Engg. ain't that boring you know... Depends on the stream.
If I get into aero-space engineering then I'll take it, otherwise screw it.
I'm already in FIITJEE, not because I'm desperate to get into IIT, but because I want to get better in Physics, Chem, maths.

All this is not what I really wanna do though...
I just want to live in a small corner of the country away from the cities, have a huge library, write poetry and other books. Oh what glory !

Coming back on land... what do you do ?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I've voted in last 2 Lokesabha election, 1 state, two Municipal election. Well, at first i didn't want to go and vote, but my dad kicked my butt and said that if you can vocally give an opinion about everything under the sun, including incompetence of Political parties, then you can vote, should vote too. :blum3:

I voted Leftfront in 2 lokesabha, and in 1 state election; but in municipal I voted the opposition. And this time I'm gonna vote the opposition too. We, here in WB, need to teach the leftfront a lesson about virtue of humbleness before the state election.

And, no we didn't have any trouble during the elections ever. It is relatively a quite place.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Hey ! Engg. ain't that boring you know... Depends on the stream.
If I get into aero-space engineering then I'll take it, otherwise screw it.
I'm already in FIITJEE, not because I'm desperate to get into IIT, but because I want to get better in Physics, Chem, maths.

All this is not what I really wanna do though...
I just want to live in a small corner of the country away from the cities, have a huge library, write poetry and other books. Oh what glory !

Coming back on land... what do you do ?
sent a pm to you.

Pintu

I have voted 3 Loksabha elections , 2 Bidhan sabha elections , 2 Municipal elections,

Faced No trouble while voting , relatively peaceful in our area.

Regards

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I voted once when I was in India. It was combined state and central elections. I have not faced any problem, it was easy and was done in 10 minutes. I felt very happy and full of pride when I voted. This was some 5 years ago.

Since I'm not in India, I think my voter card got cancelled because I didn't go to get photographed for the voter ID.

Zmey Smirnoff

Voted in all Russian Presidential elections since 1996. Once was even an observer from one of the parties. Nothing exoctic. Plain boring.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i cast my vote after quite some time, in fact since the last 9 years this has been my first vote which certainly does not mean that i have not cast my vote prior to this day. my first ever vote was for the elections of municipal corporation and boy was i thrilled since i had just turned 18 that very year, but back those days it was the stamp of sorts that one used to put on the options available and then that used to be dropped in the ballot box. this time round the EVMs were there, my first encounter with this technology and was i impressed. extremely smooth, could easily find my name on the electoral rolls and people on polling duty were extremely polite and helpful and i was through ready to cast my vote in front of the ever famous EVM in no time and all i had to do was press a button and thats it, technology they say makes life easy and it surely proved it self to me again. had a great experience, and have got to say it feels great that i have been able to participate in my small way in deciding as to how our country could surge ahead with full confidence in the next 5yrs.

may the best man, party and political alliance win and take our country to heights that we would all feel proud of that fact that yes we were the ones who selected a government that could bring about that transformation.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ive voted since i turned 18. First time being the Vajpayee led government. Voted for BJP then. Have voted in each and every elections since, be it national, assembly or municipal election. I have not faced any problems as such in any elections so far. Process is very smooth. Walk into a booth, press the button and then enjoy the rest of the day as voting day is a holiday. Always go early by 0800 hrs so you have the whole day for yourself. Also there is no queue at that time.

vijaytripoli

I VOTED 1 IN LOKSABHA ELECTIONS( RECENT) AND ONE MUNICIPAL ALSO. i always wanted to vote but when i came to India all my excitement went off by seeing all these election drama!
chau

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I lost my voting virginity on the 7th of May, it was not bloody, nor painful, nor enjoyable, nor as exciting and boy was it quick.

Here's the low down.

The whole family(3 pax) and the driver packed ourselves into the car precisely at 1:54pm(making the time up, it was afternoon), and parked near the western wall off a govt school, our designated polling booth, some 500 mts away from my gharibkhana. The sun was belting down, and I was glad that my parents chose to ridicule my environmentally correct advice of walking down to the school.

Anyways, so we all alight from the car, our skin breaking into hives wherever the surya bhagwan's kiran fell. And, on we march, 20 torturous metres to the school entrance tucked in a little street round the corner. There aren't many vehicles or people around, I thought wow Delhites have turned into "pappu" Mumbaikars. Boy was I wrong, as I soon as turned into the little street in between the 2 police barriers, I was greeted to a sight of a mela of people.

Greeting were exchanged with some knowns, and smiles with unknowns. The school gates were partially open, and I could spy only 2 cops, a busty lady constable with a thin moustache sitting infront of a desk with a cuppa and a register, and a lone havildar for frisking purposes. So anyways my dad flashes his id, and the jaat havildar frisks him and says sir mobile hai, and then when me dad nods say sorry sir mobiles not allowed. I quipped from behind him "switch off kardatay hai", the havildar goes sorry sir mobile nahin allowed. As expected there was no provision of lockers for cells, and I had to grudgingly carry all the cellphones, 20 torturous metres back to the car and then make the same torturous journey back again. I was literally burning when I came back to find my parents have already disappeared inside. So I flash my id, gingerly walk inside, post a 0.2 sec frisking by the jaat havildar, and past a dozen cops all enjoying samosas and tea in the school's driveway.

Te school is quite average, a ground in the middle, classrooms all around the boundary wall. I spot my mom and dad up ahead under a tree's shade, talking to an official seated in front of a table with a sheaf of papers. He is giving us our polling room number, and marking the same in his record. He takes a few seconds to scan our numbers and then hands us our polling room number. We walk upto the first class room our designated polling room, my heart beat quickening with each step, I just realised I am still undecided, should I vote for the scumbag responsible for godhra riots or should I vote for the scumbag responsible for Delhi riots.

I make my way inside the room, adjusting my eyes to the sudden absence of bright sunshine. There was a longish table seating 4 officials, two for checking records and issuing slips after verifying your name, another is marking attendance I presume, and another to apply the "famous" ink on your finger, and in a corner there is the small shoddy table, covered by cardboard, on which is placed the "EVM". I flash out my id card again, am issued a slip, ink is applied on my index finger and I wait. In front of me a couple with their 8 yr old are casting their vote, the kid spying on his mummy and daddy's vote, EC officials nor anyone really seemed to care about the rape of "secret" franchise, and for once the as*hole in me too refrained from complaining, partly since I was still deciding on my vote. So the guy who applied the ink said, "sir aap jaiye", and I walk behind the cardboard screen towards the EVM. The humble machine is definitely not an apple product, its very drab looking, and I see a list of candidate names, party symbols and buttons next to them. I spot the Lotus symbol at number 1, and then I go down and at number 3 I see the hand. I look around from above the screen to the faces of my mum and dad in front of me the growing queue behind them and suddenly an enlightening flash strikes my brain and I am in a zen like zone. I press number 3 confidently and hear the longish beep confirming that my vote is registered in the EVM, and I step out, all smiling.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles