Have to neutralise terrorists using terrorists, says Defence Minister Parrikar

Abhijat

Country flag
http://www.firstpost.com/india/indi...rorism-defence-minister-parrikar-2256880.html

New Delhi: Asserting that terrorists have to be neutralised only through terrorists, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said India will take "pro-active" steps to prevent a 26/11 type attacks hatched from foreign soil.

"There are certain things that I obviously cannot discuss here. But if there is any country, why only Pakistan, planning something against my country, we will definitely take some pro-active steps," he said at an event in New Delhi.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. PTI

Speaking candidly, the Minister used the Hindi phrase "kante se kanta nikalna" (removing a thorn with a thorn) and wondered why Indian soldiers should be used to neutralise terrorists. He said the pro-active steps could include pressure tactics.

"We have to neutralise terrorists through terrorists only. Why can't we do it? We should do it. Why does my soldier have to do it?," he said adding that this issue cannot be discussed beyond this.

He was speaking at 'Manthan' conclave organised by news channel Aaj Tak and was replying to a question on what would be government's reaction if a repeat of Mumbai attacks or a Parliament attack takes place.

He said the best response would be to ensure it does not happen.

Meanwhile, he said the army has been given orders to neutralise infiltrators trying to enter India.

"I can only say that anyone trying to infiltrate will be neutralised," he said.

He also aid that a terrorist who comes with a gun cannot be lectured on human rights.

However, the Minister added that instructions have been given to take precaution that there is no "collateral damage" and that no Indian soldiers die.

"Take precaution there is no collateral damage. Don't touch civilians," he said.

Asked what has changed from the previous government's tenure, the minister said, "Porosity on borders is less; intelligence has improved".

Parrikar also said he will stand by the army at any cost if they are right.

PTI

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
http://www.firstpost.com/india/indi...rorism-defence-minister-parrikar-2256880.html

New Delhi: Asserting that terrorists have to be neutralised only through terrorists, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said India will take "pro-active" steps to prevent a 26/11 type attacks hatched from foreign soil.

"There are certain things that I obviously cannot discuss here. But if there is any country, why only Pakistan, planning something against my country, we will definitely take some pro-active steps," he said at an event in New Delhi.

Speaking candidly, the Minister used the Hindi phrase "kante se kanta nikalna" (removing a thorn with a thorn) and wondered why Indian soldiers should be used to neutralise terrorists. He said the pro-active steps could include pressure tactics.

"We have to neutralise terrorists through terrorists only. Why can't we do it? We should do it. Why does my soldier have to do it?," he said adding that this issue cannot be discussed beyond this.

He was speaking at 'Manthan' conclave organised by news channel Aaj Tak and was replying to a question on what would be government's reaction if a repeat of Mumbai attacks or a Parliament attack takes place.

Meanwhile, he said the army has been given orders to neutralise infiltrators trying to enter India.

He also aid that a terrorist who comes with a gun cannot be lectured on human rights.

However, the Minister added that instructions have been given to take precaution that there is no "collateral damage" and that no Indian soldiers die.

"Take precaution there is no collateral damage. Don't touch civilians," he said.

Asked what has changed from the previous government's tenure, the minister said, "Porosity on borders is less; intelligence has improved".

PTI
Yes ............. our Goan tiger ...................A true technocrat ...... :):):):):):)...also a little :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:.........bomb those p0rkies with :brahmos::brahmos::brahmos:.............

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakis will go bonkers. He refused to divulge more details so it leaves it open to interpretation in any manner.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
...Parrikar also said he will stand by the army at any cost if they are right.
was seen recently. any exaggeration if we say he's a walking morale booster shot for our Forces? one of the shiniest gems of our Govt.'s cabinet! meri [bhi] umr lag jaaye inhein (i know there will be more who wish so :tongue:)!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Any idea on what he meant when he said "we need to cut flab in our forces"...

Bheeshma

Well lets hope he walks the talk and dawood, hafeez etc are neutralized along with LET, JEM but for now will settle for zimbabwae tour being scrapped.

Kashif

PTI
Is it a new thing? India is doing this from decades.

blueblood

Is it a new thing? India is doing this from decades.
Apparently you know something our defence minister don't.

And if by any chance you meant supporting the man who won the 1971 election and was the rightful PM of pak and gave birth to nation then Allah help you bro because I can't.

sorcerer

Country flag
This statement goes well with the previous report on GoIs plan to revive deep assets inside Pak.
Pak establishment is being very open about RAW in the past weeks; such a move by them points in the direction that Pak is worried about India reviving its ops inside Pak.

Good move by GoI : neutralize them even before they get anywhere closer to India

flyingarg

I hope this does not involve funding them, training them or any such stupidity :shock:. Because that worked out so well for so many countries :confused1:.

SafedSagar

Country flag
Like we haven't done this before.:hehe:
Btw, i loved it how he left us in suspense. lol

Kashif

Apparently you know something our defence minister don't.

And if by any chance you meant supporting the man who won the 1971 election and was the rightful PM of pak and gave birth to nation then Allah help you bro because I can't.
I don't mean that, funding BLA/BRA and TTP to create situations in Pak, Doval presented that theme in his speech which is available on internet, same method is being applied by Indian NSA and now parrikar's statememt is an evidence that it is actually happening.

Alien

NEW DELHI: India is going in for intelligence-backed "targeted kills" against terrorists in J&K while militarily dominating the Line of Control with Pakistan, forcing a 30% drop in both cross-border ceasefire violations as well as infiltration bids.

"The situation is pretty much under control. Our proactive attitude is to identify terrorists and then effectively neutralise them. Every case is handled firmly with clear-cut intelligence for targeted kills, ensuring minimal if any collateral damage," defence minister Manohar Parrikar said in a wide-ranging exclusive interview with TOI.

This is the first forthright acknowledgement that the Army has been asked to undertake surgical strikes against terrorists, rather than conduct random operations. Incidentally, the Army neutralised 110 terrorists in 2014, the highest such tally in the last four years.

Ahead of his visit to J&K and the frozen frontier of Siachen on Friday, Parrikar clarified that when he said "terrorists should be neutralised by terrorists" or "kante se kanta nikalna (remove a thorn with a thorn)" earlier in the day, he did not mean covert operations being undertaken by "our own people".

Instead, the aim is to exploit the differences between terror outfits for both intelligence-gathering as well as surgical strikes. "Many terrorists are drawn into terrorism because of financial allurements... they are paid money for it. If such people are there, why not use them? What is the harm is using terrorists against terrorists? Why should our soldiers be in the front?" asked the straight-talking Parrikar.

On Pakistan's behaviour, the defence minister said "the situation actually depends on how we react to it", stressing India's "very firm" response to cross-border firing and abetment to terrorism was paying dividends. As per defence ministry figures, there has been a decline of 32% in Pakistan-initiated ceasefire violations and a decrease of 28% in "successful infiltrations" since the Modi government came to office in May last year.

On the China front, Parrikar made it clear he had imposed just a "temporary freeze" on the ongoing raising of the Army's new mountain strike corps (MSC), which is geared towards acquiring quick-reaction ground offensive capabilities across the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

"It's downsizing of the plan (the 90,000 soldiers strong formation was to be raised at a cost of Rs 64,678 crore over seven years), not the MSC itself. The previous UPA government arbitrarily approved it without any allocation of funds or proper planning," he said.

"I have put a temporary stop (to the MSC)... it does not mean permanent. The 37,000 troops already inducted need proper infrastructure, arms and equipment, which are currently being drawn from our reserves since the previous government made no arrangements," he said.

The minister said he would undertake a review of the non-operational flab in the 1.18-million strong Army, which would then be slashed to save on costs. "I will first make financial provisions and then come back to the MSC," he added.

The raising of the new corps, the 17 Corps, which began in January 2014, is part of the overall military plan to belatedly counter China's menacing build-up of trans-border military capabilities and infrastructure all along the 4,057-km LAC. The Army believes that it will not only act as a deterrent against China, but also keep Pakistan off-balance.

The logic was to have "requisite deterrence" since China can move over 30 divisions (each with over 15,000 soldiers) to the LAC, outnumbering Indian forces by at least 3:1 there. With two new infantry divisions geared for high-altitude warfare as well as armoured, artillery, air defence, engineer brigades spread from Ladakh to Sikkim, the 17 Corps is slated to have its headquarters at Panagarh in West Bengal and be fully in place by 2018-19.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...anohar-Parrikar-says/articleshow/47378303.cms

Alien

Happy hunting Guys! Kill those Jihadis and send them to their heaven wherein they can enjoy those 72 virgins.

Side Note:

I pity on those 72 virgins :(

Wait, 72 virgins? are they still virgins? Do they have a Jihadi doctor who operates on those virgins when they loose their virginity?

lakhs of jihadis might have raped them till now :tsk:

SafedSagar

Country flag
Happy hunting Guys! Kill those Jihadis and send them to their heaven wherein they can enjoy those 72 virgins.

Side Note:

I pity on those 72 virgins :(

Wait, 72 virgins? are they still virgins? Do they have a Jihadi doctor who operates on those virgins when they loose their virginity?

lakhs of jihadis might have raped them till now :tsk:
Plot twist: Its 72 year old virgin not 72 virgins.

SafedSagar

Country flag
I don't mean that, funding BLA/BRA and TTP to create situations in Pak, Doval presented that theme in his speech which is available on internet, same method is being applied by Indian NSA and now parrikar's statememt is an evidence that it is actually happening.
What goes around comes around, mate. :smile: ......................

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
We will not sending our men into your land just like u do .

We need not to do that but If you will try to create situation in our country we can also use offensive tactics like supporting all the groups working against Pakistan.

This is what MP meant.

When it comes to terrorism India does not support it but not at the cost of risking National security.

Time to taste ur own medicine but more bitter than ever

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles