Happy Holi.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Happy holi to you.

Not happy for me though. Hyderabad has no water to celebrate holi.
I miss my vizag more than any thing in life.
We used to play till 11AM and go to beach to wash all the colors.

DEJAVU

Happy holi to fellow hindus here. May Allah brings more happiness in your life.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Happy Holi to all DFI members.
And please, play it waterless. :rolleyes:
I'm reading journal about environment that by 2030, 40% of clean water on earth will be exhausted.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
happy holi guys..

people who are in India.. you must not forget that what you peole have got .. is no where and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.

Be proud of it, because people who are outside India miss it badly. And realize that we are so damn rich by culture and everything. Preserve it guys don't let it vanish and don't get brainwashed like us seeing the shining buildings and artificial society.

alphacentury

Country flag
RIP Holika:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Someone in Lahore, we have no clue what Holi is? May be some one from Karachi knows, since they have alot of Hindus there.
My question, based on my "biased" perceptions about Holi. So forgive me if I offend you.

I have heard that in holi, guys do alot of "badmashi" with girls, and good families do not let their daughters / women go out on that day?

Can any person throw colours at you, if u go out or is it only between families and friends?

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
My question, based on my "biased" perceptions about Holi. So forgive me if I offend you.

I have heard that in holi, guys do alot of "badmashi" with girls, and good families do not let their daughters / women go out on that day?
no almost every Indian plays holi, it's just some low calss (mostly poors) teenagers do "Badmashi" with girls.

but girls mostly have their Boyfriend with tem to protect their boob.

[/QUOTE]Can any person throw colours at you, if u go out or is it only between families and friends?[/QUOTE]
everybody.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Someone in Lahore, we have no clue what Holi is? May be some one from Karachi knows, since they have alot of Hindus there.

Can any person throw colours at you, if u go out or is it only between families and friends?
Acts of immorality and eve teasing has nothing to do with playing holi, which is celebration of colors and having fun.

People misbehave in metro rails, buses, streets, airports, college campus and canteens etc. For what i know people have misbehaved with their cousins sisters and strangers have treated another complete stranger sisterly. Its just person about whom you are talking. However during its usual for people to do alcohol and lose their mind and do some immoral things. And yes parents do caution their children against these peoples.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Can any person throw colours at you, if u go out or is it only between families and friends
everybody.
Thanks :) Good to know their boy friends protect their boobs :-D

don't be jealous ....................

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

If they are in relationship or open guys, that's a different thing and nothing to do specially with Holi.
And here's case of perverts, they are beaten up badly later if cross their limits. :D
You said you don't know about Holi(really funny)
Holi 2016: Celebrations around the world
One of the most colourful, playful festivals ever, Holi draws revellers from all corners of not just India, but all corners of the globe, too.
One of the most colourful, playful festivals ever, Holi draws revellers from all corners of not just India, but all corners of the globe, too.

Did you know that Coldplay, the popular International rock band, was so mesmerised with the festival of colours, that they flew down to India (yes, they did!) just to include the festival in their latest music video, Hymn For The Weekend. Everyone seems to love the spirit of fun and enjoyment and it's no surprise then that the West has also dived into the barrel of colours to play Holi. Here's a look at cool ways it is celebrated abroad...

Spain
There is actually a town in Spain that has been celebrating Holi for the past seven years! That's right, seven! Sadabell, a town located 20 kilometers north of Barcelona, receives almost 10,000 people from all ethnicities for the Holi festivities. It stays true to its origins with colour, white outfits, music and food. A huge draw is dancing, where choreographed groups perform moves to bhangra and Bollywood beats.
Free Rs 300 mobile recharge & 200 MB 3G dataAd TaskBucks
Install now

The USA
Holi is a huge attraction in America. They have The Color Run — a five-kilometer run where participants have colour thrown on them at regular intervals. Heavily inspired by Holi, it originated in Utah, USA and is now widely conducted across Europe and USA. Getting colour-dyed is all the fun, as the rule is to start the run with white outfits and end it with hues from top to bottom! Quite a fun and unique way to khulke khelo, for sure!

The United Kingdom
Holi means a lot of fun, refreshments and colour in the UK too, as Indians are said to be the second largest ethnic majority in the UK. Major cities like Birmingham, Leicester and Newcastle have folks stepping out with spray cans and tons of gulaal. There are Holi parades in the streets. Manchester will have several food stalls and dance sessions, while Redaing will have singing and a Holika play.

Suriname
This small country on the northeastern coast of North America is where the festival of colours is celebrated with great preparation and excitement. Called Phagwa by the locals, it marks the beginning of Spring. As per tradition, a castor oil plant is planted weeks before the festival and is burnt on the day of Holi as part of Holika Dahan. The highlight is to tuck into delicacies like gulgula, bara, chutney and potato balls.

Mauritius
As per a site, about 50 per cent of the Mauritian population are Hindus, which means that the festival is celebrated with exhilaration here. People perform the famous ritual of Holika Dahan by lighting a bonfire and celebrating the victory of good over evil. On Holi morning, people play by smearing each other with gulaal and squirt out coloured water from pichkaris that are from Mauritian bamboo stalks. The crowds sing and dance to music, which is accompanied by jhal (cymbals) and dholak (drums). In the evening, people greet each other with tilak and exchange sweet dumplings like gujiya.

Not only in Hindus, it has become popular because of extreme fun among other people too.
Brazil and Argentina for example.