HAPP develops high-speed Anti Submarine RGB

Rage

DFI TEAM
Panning this off the: Research in DRDO and PSU news and discussion

HAPP develops high-speed Anti Submarine RGB

http://news.outlookindia.com/item.aspx?677152

Mar 18, 2010

The Heavy Alloys Penetrator Project (HAPP) here has developed a high speed indigenous version of Russian anti-submarine Rocket Guided Bomb (RGB-60) for the Navy.

The missile, with enhanced capabilities, had been developed within a short duration of less than a year, HAPP General Manager M Ravi told reporters.

HAPP, an ordnance factory, would shortly hand over a few numbers of RGB-60 to the Navy for field tests, after which it would go in for bulk production as per the requirement, he said.

RGB-60 carrying a war head mass of 25 kg was meant for firing from rocket depth bomb launcher mounted on Naval war ships and could be used as an effective and reliable anti-submarine ammunition, he said.

HAPP had last year developed RGB-12, a small range version.

The factory was also in the process of developing the outer shell and tail piece for 84 mm Carl Gustaf, an infantry ammunition popularly used by the Army, Police and other security forces, Ravi said.

He said the plant would step up its production capacity to meet the Army's enhanced requirement of pre-fragmented ammunition pieces for Pinaca Rockets. The Army required the ammunition pieces for 5,000 rockets while the existing capacity could meet only 700-800 rockets annually.

http://news.outlookindia.com/item.aspx?677152

x-x-x-x

Any info on what the "enhanced capabilities" are? Speculation on hardware, explosives, propellants? Criticisms of weight, size, warhead capacity, etc. vis--à-vis our requirements? Diagrams, illustrations, &c ...

Special call to brother sayareakd with 'inside information' and others in the loop...

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
One more good news 5000 pinaka rockets per year :D

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
He is referring the first post only

Tamil

Country flag
nice its from my local city trichy....HAPP

Rage

DFI TEAM
Ok, gentlemen, here's the RBU-6000 Smerch-2 213mm projectile launcher, that fires the RGB-60 unguided depth charges (with the RPK-8 upgrade to the system, it can also fire the 90R rocket, which is actively guided in the water; I'm not speculating on active guidance for our indigenous variant).

The RBU-6000 is installed on all three Delhi class destroyers (D-61, D-60, D-62) and five Rajput-class destroyers (D-51, 52, 53, 54, 55) and is also rumoured to be incorporated on the Project-28 Anti-Submarine Corvettes and Project 17 Shivalik class frigates, altho I'm not sure yet if this is with active guidance- I'd speculate it is, given the modernity of these projects; anyone confirm? And if so, who's manufacturing the 90R munitions?

More on the RPK-8: http://warfare.ru/?linkid=2335&catid=267

Agantrope

Rite now i dont have any info on the RPK. But have a tonnes of info on Pinaka.

I reserve this post for further info on this RPK :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles