HAL's 'HLFT-42' Fighter Trainer Jet Project

karn

Country flag

My main question is if these trainers will be equipped with better sensors and can carry more than 102AA missiles where even Tejas MK 2 Only can carry 8 AA Missiles than why the hack Tejas is needed when these look on paper more capable
It's obvious at least from this early data that the mk2 is 1 ton lighter than the hlft42 (MTOW) while able to carry 2 extra tons of external load.
This probably due to the all metal body vs the composite on the Tejas .
Main factor is cost, being a lead in fighter trainer it will reduce flight hours of front line aircraft for training .
secondly this configuration has been influenced by all these half trainer half fighter type competitions that HAL has participated in .

NutCracker

Country flag

My main question is if these trainers will be equipped with better sensors and can carry more than 102AA missiles where even Tejas MK 2 Only can carry 8 AA Missiles than why the hack Tejas is needed when these look on paper more capable
HLFT will be cheaper to operate, not made of carbon composite and technologically below MK2.

also HAL thinks they need LIFT contender for international market , which tejasMK2 isnt.

M.E. countries can afford it . UAE/Saudis/Egypt would prefer HLFT over Fa-50 because for puny extra expense it will deliver huge payload.

Abheer Parashar

Country flag
In my opinion, the GE-F404/F-414 shouldn't be used in the case of HLFT-42 'if' the dry Kaveri with a newly designed afterburner(which I think is rumoured for the HLFT-42) is ready by 2028-30. If the GE-F404/F-414 will be used on the grounds for being 'matured', then no way India is going to have an indigenous alternative for an afterburning turbofan (excluding Dry variant bcz of its usage in Ghatak). If required, Dry Kaveri with the new afterburner should be 'forced' to be used in HLFT-42. After all China did the same with their aircrafts, forced underdeveloped engines on the aircraft to know problems, to make it matured and to kill their pilots(pun intended 😜). The only difference will be that by that time Dry Kaveri with a new afterburner will be far from underdeveloped and might be a potential contender for more aircrafts of 'phoren' and ours as well.

Sayman Ame

Country flag
In my opinion, the GE-F404/F-414 shouldn't be used in the case of HLFT-42 'if' the dry Kaveri with a newly designed afterburner(which I think is rumoured for the HLFT-42) is ready by 2028-30. If the GE-F404/F-414 will be used on the grounds for being 'matured', then no way India is going to have an indigenous alternative for an afterburning turbofan (excluding Dry variant bcz of its usage in Ghatak). If required, Dry Kaveri with the new afterburner should be 'forced' to be used in HLFT-42. After all China did the same with their aircrafts, forced underdeveloped engines on the aircraft to know problems, to make it matured and to kill their pilots(pun intended 😜). The only difference will be that by that time Dry Kaveri with a new afterburner will be far from underdeveloped and might be a potential contender for more aircrafts of 'phoren' and ours as well.
Good to see an youngling with such depth on a defence matter for his age (if you are really the 10th Grader you claim to be that is). That said, on a lighter note, you remind me of this kid from the meme "Jaldi Jaldi doodh pee leta hoon " for some reason haha :haha::haha: [Kindly report to the admins if you find it offensive, would have taken it down personally, but there seems like there's no such option]

4l6e5j.png

Abheer Parashar

Country flag
Good to see an youngling with such depth on a defence matter for his age (if you are really the 10th Grader you claim to be that is).
Thanks alot sir for the compliment, and yes I am a 10th grader, I may not look like one, though🤣. I actually gained this much knowledge from this forum itself (not to forget the StratFront as well). Many members may doubt that I am a bot, but I am simply interested in aerospace and related fields and strategic matters.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
From Grp Cpt HVT. This is going to feed into the HLFT-42 and other trainer programs like Tejas twin seater.

ADA needs a dedicated squadron for testbed aircraft for engines and other systems.

Every time we have to test something major, we have to send it to the Gromov Research Institute situated in Zhukovsky, Russia just because the miserly government won't buy 4 IL-76s, 4 Do-228s and 6 Tejas LIFT to be used as test beds for various systems testing.

Really, how hard is it to have a dedicated squadron of testbeds?

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
ADA needs a dedicated squadron for testbed aircraft for engines and other systems.

Every time we have to test something major, we have to send it to the Gromov Research Institute situated in Zhukovsky, Russia just because the miserly government won't buy 4 IL-76s, 4 Do-228s and 6 Tejas LIFT to be used as test beds for various systems testing.

Really, how hard is it to have a dedicated squadron of testbeds?
In a country like Bharath which has totally lost its strategic thinking culture, where the only priority of govt is freebies, economics, development, jobs....its VERY VERY HARD.

Very unfortunate, but very true. Will bite us also VERY VERY HARD in the future. Chinkas are coming

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Given that HLFT-42 is the in-spirit success of the HF-24 Marut and shares some characteristics, this is a short and well-made documentary on how advanced we were back in the 50s after which the Nehru dynasty turned our country's strategic thinking upside down.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles