HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Maghavan sounds good. But its Rig Vedic name of Indra dev, not a weapon, according to this. And if LCH is called Maghavan then the SANT should be renamed to Vajra.

No. They bought the MR. For Infantry. Not the NLOS or ER which is meant for heptrs.
Maghvan was used by meghnad also , tbh he was better armed than arjun .
But indra was the common arms supplier to both

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Maghvan was used by meghnad also , tbh he was better armed than arjun .
But indra was the common arms supplier to both
Meghnad was atimaharathi, while Arjun was maharathi.

All will be clear tomorrow ig hopefully they name it something good btw will the name be only for air force version?
Yep, that name will only be for Air Force. Air Force and Army will call the same thing by different names. No standardization in anything, and compare it to how effective the American weapons nomenclature is (AGM, etc). And then some officers talk about how they can operate jointly even without CDS or theater commands.

jai jaganath

Country flag

Yep, that name will only be for Air Force. Air Force and Army will call the same thing by different names. No standardization in anything, and compare it to how effective the American weapons nomenclature is (AGM, etc). And then some officers talk about how they can operate jointly even without CDS or theater commands.
I have heard indrajit always used Maya to win battles but didn't have calibre to face any powerful enemy on merit
But yeah had trinity or all 3 astra so might be
Athimaharathi

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
I have heard indrajit always used Maya to win battles but didn't have calibre to face any powerful enemy on merit
But yeah had trinity or all 3 astra so might be
Athimaharathi
Your reference to Indrajit using Maya made me think about how rich our understanding of warfare was to write about information warfare back then. Meanwhile look at us now, complete mismanagement and getting destroyed on the information warfare front. What a fall.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Your reference to Indrajit using Maya made me think about how rich our understanding of warfare was to write about information warfare back then. Meanwhile look at us now, complete mismanagement and getting destroyed on the information warfare front. What a fall.
Exactly bro
I also have a deep feeling that we might even used or known electronic warfare of some sort (I am just imaging some shit) but I have a deep feeling of existence of ew systems
But for that there needs to usage of electronics but ravan had pushpakviman who knows what they had during that time

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Exactly bro
I also have a deep feeling that we might even used or known electronic warfare of some sort (I am just imaging some shit) but I have a deep feeling of existence of ew systems
But for that there needs to usage of electronics but ravan had pushpakviman who knows what they had during that time
My point is how much our civilization has changed, regressed. We have become so incompetent at information warfare. Modi is right, we need to Indianize the thought process of the still-British Indian Armed Forces. Ranks and all being based on British system for now is fine, even weapon names are fine, these are just cosmetic changes. What we truly need to change is our military top brass's way of looking at/studying and applying strategic and operational arts. They should work to reconcile the modern realities with what is mentioned in the Vedas and other texts like Arthashastra. They should use it to validate current methods and refine their understanding of them. Whether we had ew systems back then or not is secondary. What we did have was knowledge on how to wage war and maintain peace.

abingdonboy

Country flag

It’s unlikely LCH will be referred to differently by the 2 forces. That hasn’t happened with any new induction thus far- Dhruv, Rudra etc.

I don’t really care what they call it though. I’m more concerned by the lack of orders beyond 10+5, lack of ATGM (thanks to no selection of foreign ATGM and no acceptance of HELINA by the users), lack of a self protection suite to speak of etc. token inductions and fanfare over accepting 3 units into service means jack ****. There’s still a LONG way to go for this project

aspdeepak

Country flag

"It has Mistral ATAM, rockets(optionally guided), Turret guns"
"Over a period of time it's going to be upgraded... It's going to have missile approach warning sensors, jammers, and perhaps more weapon systems in the future. Basically this(platform) is going to be the mainstay of our attack helicopter platform for the airforce and the army"

aspdeepak

Country flag

"It has Mistral ATAM, rockets(optionally guided), Turret guns"
"Over a period of time it's going to be upgraded... It's going to have missile approach warning sensors, jammers, and perhaps more weapon systems in the future. Basically this(platform) is going to be the mainstay of our attack helicopter platform for the airforce and the army"
Just remember that this is still LSP (Limited Serial Production)

The following will be part of the SP (Serial Production)
- MAWS
- EWS

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 12.32.45.png
Bunker Bunker/Tank busting - ATGM (HEILNA, SPIKE, HELFIRE)
UAV destruction - AAM (MISTRAL, in future a variant of DRDO MANPADs)
SEAD(Suppresion of Enemy Air Defense) - ARM (Anti-Radiation missiles, most likely RUDRAM)
GUN - Soft targets(Human, Lightly armoured)
BOMB, RKT - Self explanatory

Everything above excluding the ARM is mentioned in it's official weapons config.

SmartSelect_20220925-200803_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles