HAL making 159 Dhruvs for Indian Army

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
HAL making 159 Dhruvs for Indian Army

The defence public sector undertaking, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited's (HAL) helicopter division on Tuesday said that the company's order book position is strong. The HAL is working on producing 159 Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH) to be handed over to the Indian Army.

The company also said that it is focusing on producing Weapon System Integrated (WSI) ALH to be handed over to the services and work on this was in the different stages.

M S Srinath, General Manager, Helicopter Division, said here, "HAL had handed over seven ALHs to Border Security Force (BSF), which is being used for the anti-naxalite operations."

Srinath added that HAL has 19 production units and nine R &D centres spread across India. HAL has expertise on a diverse range of military and civil aircraft, providing self reliance to India's aerospace capabilities.

HAL, Helicopter Division, was established in the year 1974 and has produced more than 600 Cheetah, Chetak helicopters. The division is also credited with manufacturing more than 100 Advance Light Helicopters (ALH) which has been christened Dhruv.

Srinath also said that the division has also produced ALHs which have been exported to Ecuador, Mauritius and Maldives.
:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I thought the DGA grounded the Dhruv after the crashes? Moreover the BSF was furious over it once.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I thought the DGA grounded the Dhruv after the crashes? Moreover the BSF was furious over it once.
There are no complains from Army and IAF as they are mass user of this equipment..

I can hear only Paramilitary crying loud coz there fleet is small and they use them very often causing problems and malfunctions..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Srinath also said that the division has also produced ALHs which have been exported to Ecuador, Mauritius and Maldives.
Is that all? The wiki article says Burma, Nepal, Suriname, Israel, and Bolivia too.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Is that all? The wiki article says Burma, Nepal, Suriname, Israel, and Bolivia too.
There are few pictures of RNA Dhruv available, I doubt Burma but it can be, Israeli MOD use Dhruv in there fleet, Cant say abt Bolivia and Suriname..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles