HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

karn

Country flag
Deliveries have started apparently for training, but the 15 LSP
Deliveries have started apparently for training, but the 15 LSP (10 IAF, 5 IA) contract isn't signed yet. This is the latest from 9/1/22:

View attachment 133447

View attachment 133448

Meanwhile, HAL is planning to ramp up production to 30/yr for the balance 145.
View attachment 133449

..which seems like a distant dream at the moment, it will go slow for the time being on the balance 12 LSPs otherwise the line may be shut and that has repurcussions:
View attachment 133453

:frusty:
Any info on the the EW on the lch ? MAWS etc all?

karn

Country flag
Ugh it screwed up the quotes .. I'm not able to delete the above post.. pls help mods .

@MonaLazy

Any info on the MAWS on the LCH ..

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Isn't the capital account for this FY finished though ? With what money will they buy it.
The next one? Make it mandatory for them to confirm it or if they don't, then do not approve any attempts to acquire any imported attack helicopters in the near future and cut their budget. Without punitive measures, they will not learn it the hard way. Sorry, I love the forces and the brave men and women, but there has to be a way to limit imports more forcibly.

karn

Country flag
The next one? Make it mandatory for them to confirm it or if they don't, then do not approve any attempts to acquire any imported attack helicopters in the near future and cut their budget. Without punitive measures, they will not learn it the hard way. Sorry, I love the forces and the brave men and women, but there has to be a way to limit imports more forcibly.
Cmon man you know that's not how it works.. . So far they have released a letter of intent to HAL . I haven't even seen any reports of an "Acceptance of necessity " by the DAC yet . Which needs to happen before they spend any money on this.

Last edited:

johnj

Hmm.. didn't the LCH only pass trials last year ?
Can you point me to some resource that has the current status of the lch .. Like the tejas mk1A thread there we know the saga in detail of RWR MAWS internal gun etc etc .. Anything on LCH? Like have they flown it with full combat load with MAWS at the high altitude regions ? If not I expect more trials pe trails .
vikrant1_660_081313090214.jpg

According to latest info from this forum, DRDO complected air launched missile for helio. IA and IAF need missile for Rudra first.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
LCH doesn't have a proper weapon yet except the unguided rockets and cannon. First ask DRDO and HAL to integrate some weapons to it. Whats the use of attack helicopter without proper missiles. Helina just had trials from Mi-35 test bed few weeks back. It's expected that the carriage trial will continue to LCH post successful trial from Mi-35 and firing trials later. Dhruvastra for IAF is still not integrated to LCH

johnj

Anything on its MAWS ?
Till date, I am unable to find any article regarding maws, but if required, hal can easily add one, not a problem.
Also maws do not provide much protection becz most sam firing happens within 5 to 15km including mpads, need both maws and ir missile counter measures.
The main issue is atgm, still drdo not developed a quad/tri launcher, so IA consider buying atgm for rudra first.
Any one having info about quad/tri launcher for atgm ?
IA need 100s of LCH, means LCH having huge potential for modification.

johnj

LCH doesn't have a proper weapon yet except the unguided rockets and cannon. First ask DRDO and HAL to integrate some weapons to it. Whats the use of attack helicopter without proper missiles. Helina just had trials from Mi-35 test bed few weeks back. It's expected that the carriage trial will continue to LCH post successful trial from Mi-35 and firing trials later. Dhruvastra for IAF is still not integrated to LCH
except atgm[full load] LCH meets all weapons requirements including main gun and air to air missile, drdo complected[from official statement and dfi] all test of atgm for LCH and hal started LSP.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
What has this to do in LCH thread?
tell that to the member who posted it above in this thread let me help you with the link

I was just pointing out to the mistake he posted

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
MBDA Mistral A2A Missile has also been integrated, not just cannon and rocket pods.
1643102280434.jpeg

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Helina has cleared all development trails, what's preventing it from testing it in LCH?
Even Dhruvastra, the variant of Helina is also developed and tested. I think Dhruvastra is tested from LCH. Test video is there on U Tube. Watch and enjoy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles