HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I just don't get it how do they plan to effectively employ SANT(3km LOBL, after that LOAL) without effective ALL WEATHER targeting system like MMW radar and army compendium asked companies for fcr radar for Helis, I mean there's intent so why HAL not capitalising on that requiremento_O. Makes no sense, in rough weather you are not acquiring targeting data for SANT through EO pod anyway, so there goes the advantage off mmw seeker of SANT in a ditch.
There's a reason mmw hellfire was developed along with MMW longbow fcr radar.
There goes my thought off fcr radar on lch.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I just don't get it how do they plan to effectively employ SANT(3km LOBL, after that LOAL) without effective ALL WEATHER targeting system like MMW radar and army compendium asked companies for fcr radar for Helis, I mean there's intent so why HAL not capitalising on that requiremento_O. Makes no sense, in rough weather you are not acquiring targeting data for SANT through EO pod anyway, so there goes the advantage off mmw seeker in a ditch.
Can you share source for army asking for this? If they ask HAL have to either source one from abroad or someone has to make it here if the tech is available, this makes me believe army hasn’t or hasn’t yet asked for such a system.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Can you share source for army asking for this? If they ask HAL have to either source one from abroad or someone has to make it here if the tech is available, this makes me believe army hasn’t or hasn’t yet asked for such a system.
As I said they did asked and in written, now HAL seems to forget something maybe. Guess for which attack heli they will ask for fcr, apache comes with its own, it leaves lch, exactly and then hvt saying they are not developing it whatever the way, I am bamboozled :tongue2:

Here's the link for whole document

Here's the particular point of interest
Screenshot_2022-01-22-19-48-17-125_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Ask HVT if you can regarding this. Indian defence equipment planning sometimes makes no sense and anything happens whatever.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
As I said they did asked and in written, now HAL seems to forget something maybe. Guess for which attack heli they will ask for fcr, apache comes with its own, it leaves lch, exactly and then hvt saying they are not developing it whatever the way, I am bamboozled :tongue2:

Here's the link for whole document

Here's the particular point of interestView attachment 133257

Ask HVT if you can regarding this. Indian defence equipment planning sometimes makes no sense and anything happens whatever.

johnj

I just don't get it how do they plan to effectively employ SANT(3km LOBL, after that LOAL) without effective ALL WEATHER targeting system like MMW radar and army compendium asked companies for fcr radar for Helis, I mean there's intent so why HAL not capitalising on that requiremento_O. Makes no sense, in rough weather you are not acquiring targeting data for SANT through EO pod anyway, so there goes the advantage off mmw seeker of SANT in a ditch.
There's a reason mmw hellfire was developed along with MMW longbow fcr radar.
RF FCR sounds great, but I'm happy to see. DRDO complected helina development. Considering the DRDO, better wait until complection SANT pgm then HAL consider RF sensor.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Rudra is enough for IAF, for protecting their bases.
The LCH was demanded by the Army & IAF after the MI-35s couldn't take on the altitudes of the Kargil war, forcing IAF to use jets to bomb the enemy. This is the Army's creation. LCH was developed with their input and the QSRs that they had presented. If they did not want it, why did they demand this? For commissions of course. But when HAL finally developed something, they are scuttling it away giving vague reasons.

This like Tejas needs to be shoved down their throats. If they don't want it, cut the Army's and IAF's non-capital budget to exact development costs.

karn

Country flag
The LCH was demanded by the Army & IAF after the MI-35s couldn't take on the altitudes of the Kargil war, forcing IAF to use jets to bomb the enemy. This is the Army's creation. LCH was developed with their input and the QSRs that they had presented. If they did not want it, why did they demand this? For commissions of course. But when HAL finally developed something, they are scuttling it away giving vague reasons.

This like Tejas needs to be shoved down their throats. If they don't want it, cut the Army's and IAF's non-capital budget to exact development costs.
Isn't the capital account for this FY finished though ? With what money will they buy it.

karn

Country flag
The thing with government accounts is that it is never available and never finished. They can place an order should they choose to- there are 101 ways for the Government to 'manage' the books if it wants
Well I suppose in this case they are chosing not to cook the books .. which is different from them canceling the project no ? If they don't order it in the next FY then the frustration is justified ..

Covfefe

Country flag
Well I suppose in this case they are chosing not to cook the books .. which is different from them canceling the project no ? If they don't order it in the next FY then the frustration is justified ..
They could have ordered it long back if they wanted- whether it's a technical issue(lack of ATGMs integration or performance parameters in general), bureaucracy issue, or any other issue- Finances ain't one.

karn

Country flag
They could have ordered it long back if they wanted- whether it's a technical issue(lack of ATGMs integration or performance parameters in general), bureaucracy issue, or any other issue- Finances ain't one.
Hmm.. didn't the LCH only pass trials last year ?
Can you point me to some resource that has the current status of the lch .. Like the tejas mk1A thread there we know the saga in detail of RWR MAWS internal gun etc etc .. Anything on LCH? Like have they flown it with full combat load with MAWS at the high altitude regions ? If not I expect more trials pe trails .

Covfefe

Country flag
Hmm.. didn't the LCH only pass trials last year ?
Can you point me to some resource that has the current status of the lch .. Like the tejas mk1A thread there we know the saga in detail of RWR MAWS internal gun etc etc .. Anything on LCH? Like have they flown it with full combat load with MAWS at the high altitude regions ? If not I expect more trials pe trails .
@MonaLazy bruh, new updates on LCH published anywhere recently? I didn't see any. Last I heard that Army wanted more Rudras but no comment on LCH

MonaLazy

Deliveries have started apparently for training, but the 15 LSP (10 IAF, 5 IA) contract isn't signed yet. This is the latest from 9/1/22:

1642968201291.png

1642968643534.png

Meanwhile, HAL is planning to ramp up production to 30/yr for the balance 145.
1642968718158.png

..which seems like a distant dream at the moment, it will go slow for the time being on the balance 12 LSPs otherwise the line may be shut and that has repurcussions:
1642971099153.png

:frusty:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles