HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Trololo

Country flag
Inside sources at HAL and Mod have told me that the LCH is to be named as Gangadhar Vidyadhar Mayadhar Shastri. Quite a long name I know, but its to hide its real ability by not arming it with ATGMs. During anti tank ops the name may be changed to Shaktimaan (only if armed with ATGMs)

Trololo

Country flag
Maybe Ranjit in honour of Maharaja Ranjit Singh sahab.
That name should ideally go to an indigenous ultra long range artillery system. Artillery is the god of the battlefield and the next best thing to God would be a king worthy of His blessings. Maharaja's name on an ultra long range arty system would do justice. Just like Hari Singh Nalwa's would to a tank.

WolfPack86

Country flag
IAF Seeks Faster Production, Induction of HAL's Light Combat Helicopter
HAL Light Combat Helicopter LCH: The light combat helicopter designed and developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is a potent weapon platform and the Indian Air Force is keenly looking forward for its production and induction in the force, said IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria on Friday after his maiden flight in the LCH at Bangalore.

“The LCH is a potent platform due to excellent design and development efforts and well supported flight test team. The IAF is keenly looking forward to the induction of this aircraft,” IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria said.

“I am sure HAL will give required focus on productionisation at a fast pace,” added the top officer.

The aircraft took to the skies at 11.45 hours in the morning and remained airborne for an hour.

In his maiden sortie, Indian Air Force chief was accompanied by the HAL’s deputy chief test pilot, wing commander SP John (Retd).

“I was able to look at the important flying characteristics and status of sensors already installed. It was a very good sortie,” Bhadauria said.

India’s state owned aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) recently completed high altitude flight testing of Light Combat Helicopter in Ladakh and Kashmir region near China and Pakistan border.

HAL’s Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

HAL hopes to win a major contract for supply of indigenously designed and developed combat helicopter to the Indian Air Force under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship AtmaNirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India) scheme that emphasises defence procurement from Indian vendors.

R Madhavan, Chairman and Managing Director of HAL assured the IAF Chief that the company was ready for early production of the country’s first light combat aircraft to meet all the requirements of Indian Air Force.

vishnugupt

Country flag
HAL Light Combat Helicopter LCH: The light combat helicopter designed and developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is a potent weapon platform and the Indian Air Force is keenly looking forward for its production and induction in the force, said IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria on Friday after his maiden flight in the LCH at Bangalore.

“The LCH is a potent platform due to excellent design and development efforts and well supported flight test team. The IAF is keenly looking forward to the induction of this aircraft,” IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria said.

“I am sure HAL will give required focus on productionisation at a fast pace,” added the top officer.

The aircraft took to the skies at 11.45 hours in the morning and remained airborne for an hour.

In his maiden sortie, Indian Air Force chief was accompanied by the HAL’s deputy chief test pilot, wing commander SP John (Retd).

“I was able to look at the important flying characteristics and status of sensors already installed. It was a very good sortie,” Bhadauria said.

India’s state owned aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) recently completed high altitude flight testing of Light Combat Helicopter in Ladakh and Kashmir region near China and Pakistan border.

HAL hopes to win a major contract for supply of indigenously designed and developed combat helicopter to the Indian Air Force under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship AtmaNirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India) scheme that emphasises defence procurement from Indian vendors.

R Madhavan, Chairman and Managing Director of HAL assured the IAF Chief that the company was ready for early production of the country’s first light combat aircraft to meet all the requirements of Indian Air Force.
Funny part is, How HAL will going to show fast production of LCH to IAF without giving single order??😂😂😂

These Cheese tikka loving journalist are doing great service to IAF/Generals by giving limelight to a hollow branding by a chief while forgetting a million dollar question to ask, When exactly IAF is going to place an order?
A Total Air Dominance by IAF, atleast in media. 😂😂😂😂😂

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

All this is feel goody goody, but what is the progress of integrating ATGM on LCH ? Any concrete news ?
Why is it taking so FREAAKINGG...LONG.. !!

vishnugupt

Country flag
All this is feel goody goody, but what is the progress of integrating ATGM on LCH ? Any concrete news ?
Why is it taking so FREAAKINGG...LONG.. !!
आज करे सो कल कर, कल करे सो परसो, इतनी जल्दी भी क्या है यारो, जब जीना है बरसो”

Missile is under 'FINAL" developmental trials and next test will be by end of the year.:hehe:

Trololo

Country flag
This ATGM shortage on the LCH is irritating. When we've procured Apaches then the Hellfire can easily be used as the LCH's standard ATGM until SANT and Helina arrive. Same should happen on armed drones too.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This is how meaningless an "official order placement" is...

This is why no one in India wants to open a defence company as we know that our MoD is only interested in foreign products not Indian products. LCH can be such a game changer in Ladakh yet no order placed the whole fvcking year. I wanted to open a defence startup but dropped my plans because of this Import lobby in MoD. And purchasing indigenous products by MoD is just a formality to show how we are encouraging indigenous products but the truth we all know.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This is why no one in India wants to open a defence company as we know that our MoD is only interested in foreign products not Indian products. LCH can be such a game changer in Ladakh yet no order placed the whole fvcking year. I wanted to open a defence startup but dropped my plans because of this Import lobby in MoD. And purchasing indigenous products by MoD is just a formality to show how we are encouraging indigenous products but the truth we all know.
...Or you could say they can carry out this bullshittery with only indigenous platforms built by PSU/PPPs. Plus it's not like they're ordering more Apaches.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
...Or you could say they can carry out this bullshittery with only indigenous platforms built by PSU/PPPs. Plus it's not like they're ordering more Apaches.

It affects our defence exports, how will anyone buy our LCH when our own MoD is delaying the purchase as if it is their majboori to buy indigenous stuff else they would’ve bought more Apaches off the shelf.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It affects our defence exports, how will anyone buy our LCH when our own MoD is delaying the purchase as if it is their majboori to buy indigenous stuff else they would’ve bought more Apaches off the shelf.
Nah. they're gonna gather dust for some time one way or the other, until ATGM integration is complete.

Akula

Country flag
You may nit agree with me but I think both IA and IAF right now don't have enough pilots or infra for LCH. Remember around 30 ALH Dhruv were parked in HAL Bengaluru.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles