HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
He can not even tell you the cost of 70mm unguided rocket and 105mm artillery shell leave aside comparing the benefits of using those. So he is telling you a dream sequence of his beautiful mind... rocket barrage...
He would not tell you that DRDO and OFB can not even make a simple 70mm rocket pod and rockets.. and that the 20mm Nexter canon fires french ammunition.

It is so indigenous... many are having an orgasm over its being indigenous..

Effect of too much of Iraq and Afghanistan videos..
Yeah... back to your non sensical arguments again. You’re so dead against DRDO that you try to shit n every product that they produce. Doesn’t surprise me.

It’s not me watching too many Iraq Afghanistan videos. If that’s the case, I’m not the one persuading the IA to go for more apaches. Guess the IA has been watching too many of those videos as per your logic then huh?

you complain that drdo or ofb cant make indigenous rocket pods yet you still cry that you want lch to integrate spikes, javelins and hellfires. The dumbest dude I’ve ever met in this forum. Bozo would also want Brahmos to be integrated soon on the lch 🤣🤣🤣

Not once in this forum have I seenyou reply without talking like a D-Bag.

And I’ll bet you this. Your next reply would have nothing to do with this topic, and you’ll start crying about how drdo can’t make proper wind cheaters or jackets.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Yeah... back to your non sensical arguments again. You’re so dead against DRDO that you try to shit n every product that they produce. Doesn’t surprise me.

It’s not me watching too many Iraq Afghanistan videos. If that’s the case, I’m not the one persuading the IA to go for more apaches. Guess the IA has been watching too many of those videos as per your logic then huh?

you complain that drdo or ofb cant make indigenous rocket pods yet you still cry that you want lch to integrate spikes, javelins and hellfires. The dumbest dude I’ve ever met in this forum. Bozo would also want Brahmos to be integrated soon on the lch 🤣🤣🤣

Now he will report your post and get deleted your post that's how he wins arguments here. Abhadra bombarding every thread with his BS.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
LCH is on import ban list so now it's confirmed that it will be purchased in near future.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Now he will report your post and get deleted your post that's how he wins arguments here. Abhadra bombarding every thread with his BS.
It’s not that DRDO and HAL are beyond reproach. They have a lot of issues. Instead of providing long term solutions, this guy just wants to shit on it.

Anybody who visits this forum, would be amused by the hatred to ones own organization. I bet you the chinks forum or Pakistan forums wouldn’t be hating on their own like this guy does here.

HAL and OFB have tons of issues. My only tangible solution is to privatize them and ensure they don’t do this strike drama bs.

Hopefully after this ban, the DOD would invest heavily in the private sector instead of OFB or DRDO. DRDO has produced phenomenal products in other areas. It’s unfair to target them for the their failures alone In some areas.

There are really good private players, especially in the high-tech area. AI/ML, sensor fusion, encryption, cyberware. Of course if you point that out, the dude above(Bhadra) would call you a salesman for them. Ignore idiots like him who are import crazy, and try throwing money at private players. There is a whole generation of young talented minds who can work wonders if you take the initiative to utilize them by spending money on them.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Leave alone hal lch....at those heights hal rudra will beat Apache........
Light combat s are more agile ...Nd can carry decent loads at those heights,which other helicopters struggle to do

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ah! the certification authority certifies ...

I am not dead against any thing , but I assure you I spent a life time under the banana tree called MoD waiting for a banana from DRDO to fall... and none fell. All DODOs are stuck with pension guranteeing projects..

Apaches are meant for ground forces and is proven system. What so big about LCH when 90% of it is imported mal and inferior to apache. So IA is a user who has to use it and not a stupid shouter like you who has no job but to shout.

you complain that drdo or ofb cant make indigenous rocket pods
Is not that a fact. If that gives you pain in the wrong place what can I do.

yet you still cry that you want lch to integrate spikes, javelins and hellfires. The dumbest dude I’ve ever met in this forum. Bozo would also want Brahmos to be integrated soon on the lch 🤣🤣🤣
Firstly there are no LCH on ground except two engaged in propaganda or even in hanger. Secondly, if there were some it would be better to use those rather than being someone's hanger queen. IF DRDO is not able to delivered having got screwed and conceived long back, it is better to adopt a foster son than look up DRDO banan tree for a banana to fall and get screwedby a Chao Mao..

And I’ll bet you this. Your next reply would have nothing to do with this topic, and you’ll start crying about how drdo can’t make proper wind cheaters or jackets.
There should be no place for your nonsense in the forum. It has no meaning.. They are not able to make a good windcheater is a fact unless they made one for you..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Leave alone hal lch....at those heights hal rudra will beat Apache........
Light combat s are more agile ...Nd can carry decent loads at those heights,which other helicopters struggle to do
Yes, but where is it ?
What has it got ??
Beat with what... Noise ??

Sridhar_TN

Country flag

I am not dead against any thing , but I assure you I spent a life time under the banana tree called MoD waiting for a banana from DRDO to fall... and none fell. All DODOs are stuck with pension guranteeing projects..

Apaches are meant for ground forces and is proven system. What so big about LCH when 90% of it is imported mal and inferior to apache. So IA is a user who has to use it and not a stupid shouter like you who has no job but to shout.

Firstly there are no LCH on ground except two engaged in propaganda or even in hanger. Secondly, if there were some it would be better to use those rather than being someone's hanger queen. IF DRDO is not able to delivered having got screwed and conceived long back, it is better to adopt a foster son than look up DRDO banan tree for a banana to fall and get screwedby a Chao Mao..

There should be no place for your nonsense in the forum. It has no meaning.. They are not able to make a good windcheater is a fact unless they made one for you..
I think you need a 🍌 banana. Kha jao. Dont try to buy bananas at drdo. You will only get that at a grocery store.
Now please don’t cry that DRDO is not able to produce bananas for you.
Your mind is seeing things through the prism of bananas today.
Tomorrow you can see things through the prism of apples. I remember a few days back you were talking about wholesome berries for the lch.

Banana shakes are also good. Remember to add honey.🍯

Last edited:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag

Go eat some bananas

So now you say you want apaches because it’s proven system. For what? Rocket barrage? Too many Iraq/Afghanistan videos eh?
Right back at you you banana hungry guy
Go eat some bananas

johnq

A lot of lies about LCH are being spread by the import lobby, because they don't want to lose the money made by expensive imports like Apache. But the fact remains that you cannot make up the required numbers with imports, as a billion dollars just gets you six Apaches. The only thing imports do is line the pockets of the dealers who are not interested in defending India, only making the money.
Real research and development costs money, and if you give DRDO 1/10th the money it took to develop an advanced platform like the Apache, then don't expect overnight results. Along with that, the import lobby is well-known for constantly moving goal-posts to kill indigenous projects; they did it to Arjun tank and now they are doing it to LCH.
But even against all odds, the DRDO has made the LCH into a superb product, in spite of the lies being spread against it by some foreign product worshippers here.
I think it's finally dawning on some in the Indian government that you cannot fight a war against China without having a military industrial base. If you try to fight a war with imports, you will simply run out of money, as much of the price paid for foreign products goes to their profits. The LCH should be ordered in large numbers, and eventually fitted with the Dhruvastra, it will be a deadly platform.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It’s not that DRDO and HAL are beyond reproach. They have a lot of issues. Instead of providing long term solutions, this guy just wants to shit on it.

Anybody who visits this forum, would be amused by the hatred to ones own organization. I bet you the chinks forum or Pakistan forums wouldn’t be hating on their own like this guy does here.

HAL and OFB have tons of issues. My only tangible solution is to privatize them and ensure they don’t do this strike drama bs.

Hopefully after this ban, the DOD would invest heavily in the private sector instead of OFB or DRDO. DRDO has produced phenomenal products in other areas. It’s unfair to target them for the their failures alone In some areas.

There are really good private players, especially in the high-tech area. AI/ML, sensor fusion, encryption, cyberware. Of course if you point that out, the dude above(Bhadra) would call you a salesman for them. Ignore idiots like him who are import crazy, and try throwing money at private players. There is a whole generation of young talented minds who can work wonders if you take the initiative to utilize them by spending money on them.
Do you know that GoI has created the largest industrial conglomerate in Independent India in the form of 42 Ordinance Factories and five DPSUs and largest Research Organisation in the form of DRDO and is 92 labs, That is largest public investment uncomparable to anything else under Govt of India. There huge and huge money that has been sunk by GoI ... but unfortunately, it has produced the worst and the sickest organizations.. the largest let down of Independent India..

This investment is much bigger than investment in other PSUs like SAIL or Electercity outfits, thermal power, coal. minerals all combined.. The Indian govt MIC was supposed to take the country forward and usher in manufacturing and innovation capabilities..

What have you guys given in return ?? Created a parasite bureaucracy and workforce. Made 16 lakhs soldiers as your captive slaves. Sabotaged countries defense preparedness, Held the MoD and the country for ransom and filled your pockets with the best salaries and highest corruption...

Give me a countdown of ProjectWise money sunk by the MoD and see the results yourself..
Mod Edit: No personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

operatorgrumby

Country flag
So now you say you want apaches because it’s proven system. For what? Rocket barrage? Too many Iraq/Afghanistan videos eh?
Right back at you you banana hungry guy
Go eat some bananas
The thing is that Indian Military is so hung up on the theory of looking for combat proven products rather than newer designed ones, though they don't have the best of memories on non-proven products also in history. So they can be justified that they don't want to risk it inducting a product which isn't battle proven before.

Now in case of Apache, it is combat proven no doubt; but US Army initially didn't just rejected it because it wasn't combat proven at that time.They acquired it, used it extensively, found & improved it's cons thus the world got a combat proven experienced Attack Helo which everyone goes gaga over now.

Then again IA is not US Army, we also don't have a robust military infrastructure like them. So technically both are right in their position.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Yes, but where is it ?
What has it got ??
Beat with what... Noise ??
Sir
But army has rudra for now only.......and Rudras are armed with atgm ,you will see them if war happen s

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Do you know that GoI has created the largest industrial conglomerate in Independent India in the form of 42 Ordinance Fcoryes and five DPSUs and largest Reserch Organisation in he form of DRDO and is 92 labs, That is largest public investment uncomparable to anything else under Govt of India. There huge and huge money that has been sunk by GoI ... but unfortunately, it has produced the worst and the sickest organizations..

This investment is much bigger than investment in other PSUs like SAIL or Electercity outfits, thermal power, coal. minerals all combined.. The Indian govt MIC was supposed to take the country forward and usher in manufacturing and innovation capabilities..

What have you guys given in return ?? Created a parasite bureaucracy and workforce. Made 16 lakhs soldiers as your captive slaves. Sabotaged countries defense preparedness, Held the MoD and the country for ransom and filled your pockets with the best salaries and highest corruption...

Give me a countdown of ProjectWise money sunk by the MoD and see the results yourself..
On top of that, you have the gumption to come here and abuse others.. pontificate like a Satan.
No one is abusing anyone here. It’s you who keeps shouting here. Nobody is holding anyone ransom. The Military cannot import whatever it likes. There are a lot of internationsl politics that needs to be considered before making such a move. Like availability of spares and such.

DRDO has provided India with strategic assets that are very vital to India’s national security. There are also products that are not up to army standards and have performedpoorly as such due to incompetence as such.
I am not drdo, nor am I Hal. So don’t ask ‘what have you guys given?’. I’m a citizen trying to tell a guy who keeps saying shit, to stop and act like an adult. Some projects work and some don’t. It’s as simple as that.

Even the chinks have to use some of their own shitty products because that’s what countries do. They make do with what they can. you have to be ready to wear poomex chaddi sometimes and not always cry for Armani chaddi.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
The thing is that Indian Military is so hung up on the theory of looking for combat proven products rather than newer designed ones, though they don't have the best of memories on non-proven products also in history. So they can be justified that they don't want to risk it inducting a product which isn't battle proven before.

Now in case of Apache, it is combat proven no doubt; but US Army initially didn't just rejected it because it wasn't combat proven at that time.They acquired it, used it extensively, found & improved it's cons thus the world got a combat proven experienced Attack Helo which everyone goes gaga over now.

Then again IA is not US Army, we also don't have a robust military infrastructure like them. So technically both are right in their position.
Do you know that GoI has created the largest industrial conglomerate in Independent India in the form of 42 Ordinance Factories and five DPSUs and largest Research Organisation in the form of DRDO and is 92 labs, That is largest public investment uncomparable to anything else under Govt of India. There huge and huge money that has been sunk by GoI ... but unfortunately, it has produced the worst and the sickest organizations.. the largest let down of Independent India..

On top of that, you have the gumption to come here and abuse others.. pontificate like a Satan.
Remember the Huey helis used extensively in Vietnam. Apparently they were some of the shittiest ones, and used to crash phenomenally. Yet they used them. Improved upon them.

Same goes for the V2 Osprey. Marines have gone on record stating that they would not get into another osprey due to numerous malfunctions. But they are still in use today and they keep improving.
The V2 osprey is so controeversial that reports are stating the military is fudging stat records to downplay the number of osprey malfunctions and crashes.
Later, I read somewhere that the IA were interested in the Ospreys. :doh:
Anything foreign must be ek dum farst class right?

Last edited:

johnq

The LCA is one fine example of a superb machine created by Indian research and development. The radar computer in the SU-30MKI that makes it fantastic, Astra missile which is superior to the R-77, the entire gamut of Agni missiles, Shourya missile, Akash SAM, radars, Nirbhay cruise missile, nuclear weapons, nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers, ships, etc are all made by Indian research efforts. Shall I go on? And I think successes like these threaten the import lobby. The LCH will also come out on top in the future, provided it's not scuttled by the import lobby.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
People fighting here just to be relevant should notice one thing. Making a machine and buying parts and assembling is different.

DRDO and HAL have been in deep slumber for decades. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of a maintenance flight commander of an LCH sqn(when procured) who has to keep the machine serviceable and replace parts if needed. That poor guy will have to run amok to get approvals and spares for the foreign instruments fitted.

Indigenous industry is not about making a machine. It is about giving assurance and building confidence in the end users that any replacement or repair would be addressed quickly instead buying spares for the systems bought from foreign vendors, worrying about pending approvals.

Any chap who fired an insas rifle will tell you how he longed for a good rifle. Everytime when someone points out the complacency and nonchalant commitment of DRDO, arm chair idiots will cry "foreign lobbies and dealers". What gave them the passage to infiltrate army and MoD?

Self reliance is absolute. Period.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
No one is abusing anyone here. It’s you who keeps shouting here. Nobody is holding anyone ransom. The Military cannot import whatever it likes. There are a lot of internationsl politics that needs to be considered before making such a move. Like availability of spares and such.

DRDO has provided India with strategic assets that are very vital to India’s national security. There are also products that are not up to army standards and have performedpoorly as such due to incompetence as such.
I am not drdo, nor am I Hal. So don’t ask ‘what have you guys given?’. I’m a citizen trying to tell a guy who keeps saying shit, to stop and act like an adult. Some projects work and some don’t. It’s as simple as that.

Even the chinks have to use some of their own shitty products because that’s what countries do. They make do with what they can. you have to be ready to wear poomex chaddi sometimes and not always cry for Armani chaddi.
Your post reminded me of the poomex ad,hehehehe

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
People fighting here just to be relevant should notice one thing. Making a machine and buying parts and assembling is different.

DRDO and HAL have been in deep slumber for decades. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of a maintenance flight commander of an LCH sqn(when procured) who has to keep the machine serviceable and replace parts if needed. That poor guy will have to run amok to get approvals and spares for the foreign instruments fitted.

Indigenous industry is not about making a machine. It is about giving assurance and building confidence in the end users that any replacement or repair would be addressed quickly instead buying spares for the systems bought from foreign vendors, worrying about pending approvals.

Any chap who fired an insas rifle will tell you how he longed for a good rifle. Everytime when someone points out the complacency and nonchalant commitment of DRDO, arm chair idiots will cry "foreign lobbies and dealers". What gave them the passage to infiltrate army and MoD?

Self reliance is absolute. Period.
I can’t talk for others, but I’m not here to say that drdo or Hal is beyond reproach. True, there are some areas where the performance is piss poor. But to blanketly say that DRDO is a shitty evil abomination is immature and churlish. The very same DRDO has also provided some fantastic products that define india’s deterrence today.

INSAS was a let down. That is one example and is widely known. There are numerous such examples. There are also examples of good products.

When it comes to the maintenance Sqn leader. Why should he run and coordinate with foreign vendors for imported spares? They’re buying it from HAL or DRDO as the OEM. They get their spares through DRDO or HAL as such. The onus is on DRDO or HAL to coordinate with the foreign vendors for spares.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles