HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
1. To this(ukr) extent ?

2. Would you kindly expand on this
1) More than this, Iraq was very heavy on ADS- They had just come out of a war with iran.

2)Losing your tail is not much relevant, if you get hit by any sort of manpads you are going down anyway. Coaxial's main advantage is in smaller storage space, so on ships etc.

pipebomb

Country flag
1) More than this, Iraq was very heavy on ADS- They had just come out of a war with iran.

2)Losing your tail is not much relevant, if you get hit by any sort of manpads you are going down anyway. Coaxial's main advantage is in smaller storage space, so on ships etc.
Appreciate your response. May i indulge you in another query of mine . Why apache, wz10 and may be even mi-28 has a seperate nose mounted pnvs and does lack of seperate pnvs effect lch in anyway?

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Appreciate your response. May i indulge you in another query of mine . Why apache, wz10 and may be even mi-28 has a seperate nose mounted pnvs and does lack of seperate pnvs effect lch in anyway?
No idea. Perhaps some other member could answer this.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Any major pro & cons of pnvs ?
The infrared camera tracks the pilot's head movement and covers a 180° arc in front of the heli. The camera can also elevate and depress. Both the pilot and the co-pilot can see the picture through their Helmet mounted sights and there's also a Multi-functional display on the cockpit. PVNS comes mated to TADS (E/O sensors + Laser Rangefinder + Target designator). The whole assembly offers both standard thermal vision and long range daylight imagery.

Cons ?
The whole thing is hanging from the front and is vulnerable I guess. But that goes for our Rudra fleet too.

pipebomb

Country flag
Everyone is saying that HAL should equip the LCH with an IADS (RWR,MAWS,LWR etc), but my question is have we developed the system inhouse or are we planning to install the Saab IADS system as we did on the Rudra.

I know we made similar systems that go on fighter jets (LCA, Mig 29, Su30mki), so can these be adopted for helicopter uses.....

Can someone please clarify my doubts.....
Are mi-17s of iaf equipped with saab IADS

arkos

Country flag
Nigerians have requested US for sale of AH-1Z Viper for 997 million dollars. There goes another potential sale.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nigerians have requested US for sale of AH-1Z Viper for 997 million dollars. There goes another potential sale.
They would have been fucked while dealing with our babus
Another point why would they buy lch its not in service nor iads has been integrated nor atgms
So possibly it was just a try by us as we knew it doesn't make sense

abingdonboy

Country flag
The Apache’s sighting tech is a remnant of the 1980s when it was introduced. The FLIR is very powerful and modernised now but the separate NV system is a bit redundant with NODs

Rudra and LCH have similar helmet cueing systems with a monocular sight

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles