HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

vishnugupt

Country flag
Anyone know why the IA/IAF are STILL yet to spec a self protection suite for LCH? I mean the least they could’ve done is put the same saab SPS from Rudra on it or is this still going to happen before they hand it over? Or because it’s IOC and a LSP only they won’t have such a basic system integrated?

LCH is designed by HAL to have a DIRCM but there isn’t even a RWR on this bird, very very perplexing.
I think right now there is absolutely nothing in the name of EW suite, not even flare and chaff.
Year ago I have seen a post where somebody falsely ( atleast not convincing) pointed out EW suite in LCH.

Some insider need to throw some light in this matter would be helpful.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Anyone know why the IA/IAF are STILL yet to spec a self protection suite for LCH? I mean the least they could’ve done is put the same saab SPS from Rudra on it or is this still going to happen before they hand it over? Or because it’s IOC and a LSP only they won’t have such a basic system integrated?

LCH is designed by HAL to have a DIRCM but there isn’t even a RWR on this bird, very very perplexing.
More than perplexing its very very disappointing. The least they could have done is work with HAL and integrated an ATGM ! Such a waste of time and each day our enemies getting more well equipped.

porky_kicker

Country flag
@porky_kicker any idea what's that on the tail?

Where ?

The spherical thing right on top of the rotor tail ( next to the blades )

That will be the navigation / strobe light .

No sensors for counter measure / self defence has been integrated into LCH till date. Not even flare chaff dispensers are to be seen.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Where ?

The spherical thing right on top of the rotor tail ( next to the blades )

That will be the navigation / strobe light .

No sensors for counter measure / self defence has been integrated into LCH till date. Not even flare chaff dispensers are to be seen.
Ya that I already know, that's why asking.

This one here... Looks like empty hole. Future sensor placement spot?

Screenshot_20210304_153334.jpg

Pazhassiraja

Country flag
@porky_kicker any idea what's that on the tail?

When I see LCH, always a comparison with Mangusta comes. The latter seems to carry 8 ATGMs + 2 large rocket pods although the former has more powerful engines and larger max take-off weight. So baring the heights of Himalayas, is there any possibility that LCH too carries the same weapon load in the plains? Also, size-wise, LCH is larger than Mangusta. So if weight is really the issue, can some more size optimization be done to improve the weapon load?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
When I see LCH, always a comparison with Mangusta comes. The latter seems to carry 8 ATGMs + 2 large rocket pods although the former has more powerful engines and larger max take-off weight. So baring the heights of Himalayas, is there any possibility that LCH too carries the same weapon load in the plains? Also, size-wise, LCH is larger than Mangusta. So if weight is really the issue, can some more size optimization be done to improve the weapon load?
LCH structure is supposed allow 12 ATGMs max.
lch_config.jpg

I don't the exact weight of those, but the rocket pods are apparently the same weight class as the dual-ATGM racks (as permitted on outer hardpoints).

At service ceiling of 6500m or can carry about 500kg payload, I think, if I remember. But LCH was seen with 4 rocket pods in Ladakh trials, so I'm guessing min 8 ATGMs at heights where they can be needed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles