HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
No it hasn’t been inducted, it hasn’t even been freaking ordered!

those 2 that were deployed in Ladakh are HAL owned and operated prototypes (TD 3/4) flown by HAL pilot
Like I said to another friend here...
I knew that, it was a rhetorical question, as someone very confident used the word Inducted in the previous post.

Thanks a lot for the clarification though.

On not being even ordered I am with you. What's stopping them now to clear orders for 150+ LCH (IA + IAF) and 83 LCA?

Akula

Country flag

those 2 that were deployed in Ladakh are HAL owned and operated prototypes (TD 3/4) flown by HAL pilot
Which prototype will be manufactured by HAL, TD 3 or 4?

Pulkit

Country flag
Bro....we lch....luh and lca in large numbers...
But problem is that we cannot produce them faster.....

There was lengthy discussion why rudra and lch doesn't have helina...
Fact is that...if iaf and army agree to arm the prototype version ....do we have system to produce 200+ them in a short time....
The production partner with ask others for raw materials and various subsystem s......and it will take time....
I am not asking for more in terms of quantity. I am asking to bring all desi products here 1,2,3 in what ever number they exist and test them here.....

2 LCH are not gonna have a major impact in war but it still gives a boost.

Now LUH is there.
I think someone is listening to what people here are talking about... ::cool1::rofl::rofl::india2::india2::india2::india2:😛😛😝

Pulkit

Country flag
@abingdonboy @patriots

OOT
What do you think IA should bring
Four Artillery systems from Kalyani group also to the mix in Ladakh and test them here?
They are testing them as of now.

2LCH 2LUH 1 squadron of Tejas as borders, looks and sound good to me....

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
@abingdonboy @patriots

OOT
What do you think IA should bring
Four Artillery systems from Kalyani group also to the mix in Ladakh and test them here?
They are testing them as of now.

2LCH 2LUH 1 squadron of Tejas as borders, looks and sound good to me....
No atag is final trials ,they will induct atags.. artillery system needs a lots of testing ..
We have other artillery systems...
Sarang gun is good

Tridev123

Country flag
Looking Goooood!!!!!!!!:eek1::eek1::india:

View attachment 57552
All the helicopter models starting with the ALH, LCH and LUH look gorgeous.
When seen in comparison with Russian helicopter variants (Russian designed helicopters like the Mi17 are very reliable and good though not high on aesthetics) our HAL helis look sexy.
Full credit to the designers though there was some help from Germany in the initial design of the ALH. Our helis look as good as latest Western heli designs.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
All the helicopter models starting with the ALH, LCH and LUH look gorgeous.
When seen in comparison with Russian helicopter variants (Russian designed helicopters like the Mi17 are very reliable and good though not high on aesthetics) our HAL helis look sexy.
Full credit to the designers though there was some help from Germany in the initial design of the ALH. Our helis look as good as latest Western heli designs.
Indeed. And it has stealth features too.

idpcdvx.jpg

Tridev123

Country flag
Indeed. And it has stealth features too.

View attachment 57615
We should not rest on our achievements. The next big step is to bring the Multi Role Helicopter in the 10 to 12 tonne class to fruition. May require more powerful engines and other technologies. Hope the design is frozen soon. A spin off will be a naval multi role helicopter which will be quite difficult as several new technologies have to be mastered.

We should also scale up the performance of the LCH by adding some Apache helicopter features. Maybe an Apache Longbow like radar etc. Since we have the Apache we will slowly learn about the various new technologies incorporated into it and create desi equivalents.

Tridev123

Country flag
Without proper ammunition they are good for target practice or Aero India aerobatics
Let's not get pessimistic. I agree it lacks an ATGM capability what with our Helina and Sant not yet ready but in the interim may be we can fit the Spike ER or French missiles. Not an insurmountable problem.
The weapon platform itself is unique in the world due to its ability to operate at very high altitudes even reaching the Siachen Glacier.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Let's not get pessimistic. I agree it lacks an ATGM capability what with our Helina and Sant not yet ready but in the interim may be we can fit the Spike ER or French missiles. Not an insurmountable problem.
The weapon platform itself is unique in the world due to its ability to operate at very high altitudes even reaching the Siachen Glacier.
Bhai. I trust you have found my comment pessimistic and I respect that.
my emotions are however based on the indefinite wait these agencies make us do. It has been more than 10 years they couldn't make the missile, more than 30 years Arjun has not lost weight, more than lifetime they couldn't make Tejas war ready.
How much to wait........????????????

Tridev123

Country flag
Bhai. I trust you have found my comment pessimistic and I respect that.
my emotions are however based on the indefinite wait these agencies make us do. It has been more than 10 years they couldn't make the missile, more than 30 years Arjun has not lost weight, more than lifetime they couldn't make Tejas war ready.
How much to wait........????????????
Peace. Shanthi Bro.
Because of the latest stand off with the Chinese on the border all stake holders have realised the urgent need for an high altitude heli to support the army.
In India sometimes it needs a big crisis to shake people out of their complacency.
Also maybe we are facing problems in realising the MMW seeker which is a high technology item.
But I support the import option if it is an war time emergency. Temporary measure, of course.

Regarding the Tejas and the Arjun it is a complex issue which can be discussed later.

Trololo

Country flag
Peace. Shanthi Bro.
Because of the latest stand off with the Chinese on the border all stake holders have realised the urgent need for an high altitude heli to support the army.
In India sometimes it needs a big crisis to shake people out of their complacency.
Also maybe we are facing problems in realising the MMW seeker which is a high technology item.
But I support the import option if it is an war time emergency. Temporary measure, of course.

Regarding the Tejas and the Arjun it is a complex issue which can be discussed later.
I say that all Indian combat aviation platforms have an option for imported as well as home grown munitions. This bumps up export potential too. Sad that the designers didn't integrate an imported ATGM as an interim option to begin with. 100-200 odd Pars-3 or Hellfire or Spike ER would be pocket change for this capability to get activated initially. Later on when SANT and HELINA are ready the army/ iaf can pick and choose what they want and in what numbers.

FYI: The MWF will be the only platform in the world that can seamlessly integrate Indian, Russian, and Western munitions. Air forces using it will be spoiled for choice big time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles