HAL HJT-36 Sitara

WarriorIndian

Country flag
This is an excellent plane. I want it to success. It should happen fast. Once inducted with HTFE 25, it will have a limited combat ability as well. 25 KG dry thrust will give its performance a big boost. Fingers crossed.
Cant we replicate a HAWK I on Sitara too , what are your thoughts?

sorcerer

Country flag
India to Complete Trainer Jet Certification with Freshly Supplied Engines from Rostec
”After passing successful acceptance tests at the test stands in the presence of a HAL representative, the engines were finally shipped to the client. The HJT-36 trainer aircraft project is in the final stages of flight certification tests, which should confirm that the model meets the requirements of the Indian Air Force. Power plants with increased service life will be used to complete this stage. There are also plans to increase the service life for 16 AL-55I engines already supplied to HAL Corporation at earlier stages. Significant work has already been done to organize the licensed production of AL-55I engines at HAL enterprises”, said the Deputy General Director and Chief Designer of UEC, Yury Shmotin.

AL-55I is a double-circuit turbojet engine. It is specially designed for the Indian HJT-36 trainer aircraft.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
This is an excellent plane. I want it to success. It should happen fast. Once inducted with HTFE 25, it will have a limited combat ability as well. 25 KG dry thrust will give its performance a big boost. Fingers crossed.
Since unlike Pakistan we don't bomb our own civilians these Ac are kinda useless as combat role. That should be left to Hawk. However it's good as an export market.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Since unlike Pakistan we don't bomb our own civilians these Ac are kinda useless as combat role. That should be left to Hawk. However it's good as an export market.
It can have a limited combat role. 25 KN dry thrust will allow it to carry more payload and better cruise speed.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
It can have a limited combat role. 25 KN dry thrust will allow it to carry more payload and better cruise speed.
Limited combat role is nothing but ground bombing missions. It can't operate in AD/AI role. It needs support from other fighters anyway. The cost of integrating weapons in Hawk is more than it's worth in India's point of view.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
India to Complete Trainer Jet Certification with Freshly Supplied Engines from Rostec
”After passing successful acceptance tests at the test stands in the presence of a HAL representative, the engines were finally shipped to the client. The HJT-36 trainer aircraft project is in the final stages of flight certification tests, which should confirm that the model meets the requirements of the Indian Air Force. Power plants with increased service life will be used to complete this stage. There are also plans to increase the service life for 16 AL-55I engines already supplied to HAL Corporation at earlier stages. Significant work has already been done to organize the licensed production of AL-55I engines at HAL enterprises”, said the Deputy General Director and Chief Designer of UEC, Yury Shmotin.

AL-55I is a double-circuit turbojet engine. It is specially designed for the Indian HJT-36 trainer aircraft.

Our HTFE 25 is getting ready. What shall we do qith AL55?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Limited combat role is nothing but ground bombing missions. It can't operate in AD/AI role. It needs support from other fighters anyway. The cost of integrating weapons in Hawk is more than it's worth in India's point of view.
That is why I used the word limited. Whether to integrate weapons or not will be IAF's call. If it is not economical, it will not be done but an option will remain open.

Varoon2

Country flag
Can anyone provide a link which gives a detailed description of all the indigenous inputs into the HJT-36? We know the engine is not Indian. But there must be some sophisticated stuff going into the aircraft that was developed by HAL, DRDO and other entities.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
You mean amca and tejas mk2 not cute :cowboy::cowboy:
Aircraft I mean any aircraft is cute if you understand their philosophy I mean why they are made like that, but even without understanding this HJT-36 tiny trainer, because it reminds me a dolphin, and it looks almost alive, also it is thin.

LCA I like its canopy and huge wing for the size of the fuselage.

the other ones I would like to see them as prototypes, but If you ask me which is my favorite LCA is this

1645244973819.png

I mean it looks totally original, pretty beautiful
1645245187869.png

this picture is also pretty good

LCA has a huge wing and is truly an original design

1645245283616.png

once you know the aerodynamics you love it more
1645245303626.png

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles